Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

It's unfortunate that they nerfed the speed. What really irks me is the cooldown, though. Yesterday's Soar nerf announcement was odd, because the alpha feedback on the official forums has been almost universally positive about the dragonriding system and requesting cooldown reductions for Soar. So it was weird to see Blizz post about Soar... and instead of the much-requested lifting of limitations, it received a nerf.

It's kind of a shame to be playing a literal dragon, with wings, that can't use those wings to engage in the new dragonriding system in any sort of meaningful way. Who wants to play as a dragon that's forced to ride another dragon to be able to fly? Ideally, I would hope that in the Dragon Isles at least, Dracthyr's Soar ability has the cooldown completely removed, as well as the same speed and full upgrades as any of the dragonriding mounts. At least in the dragon isles, there is no functional difference between Soar and dragonriding for any non-dracthyr player; dracthyr just get a different aesthetic on their screen while doing it. So just let them use it, and don't prune fun in situations where it has nothing to do with balance.

I'd also love for Soar to have unlimited use in non-Dragon-Isles content, but I also hope they bring dragonriding for *everyone* to non-Dragon-Isles content. If that doesn't happen, though, at least having unlimited usage in the Dragon Isles would let Dracthyr players have some place to just fly around and have fun.

Just seems like a missed opportunity to let players play a dragon race, but not let them engage in the primary expansion system with their own two wings.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    When have people not complained about a race or class having something their class or race doesn’t?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not the mechanical nerf that anyone is upset about. It’s the philosophy behind it. Something was fun. They made it less fun.
    If you think you can actually tell the difference between 900% and 600% speed you're full of it. This is the biggest who the fuck cares of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    This made me laugh
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you think you can actually tell the difference between 900% and 600% speed you're full of it. This is the biggest who the fuck cares of all time.
    Then why bother changing it at all?

-snip-
    this is a terrible and selfish argument. If it was only about fun why arent you arguing for more movement speed? was there something iconic about the original speed? why not 5000%? Why not advocate for other insane 'fun' mechanics? The spell is a racial which is designed to be low/moderate impact. Nice to have and feels good to use but not absurdly better then its competition.

Anyone with a brain could see this nerf was coming, I think they should however have a class talent that reduces the cooldown by like 1.5min. That is a fair compromise.

Does the MMO-C community play WoW, or do y’all just sit around eating cheetos and trying to think of things to piss and moan about?

Dracthyr could soar faster than anyone else in the game can move. They can still soar faster than anyone else in the game can move. You’ve retained the relative advantage.

Dragonriding in the whole world would be great, but the old world isn’t designed for it: we know that Dragon Isles have the biggest zones yet seen in WoW (ostensibly to support enormous dragonriding movement speed bonuses), and have tremendous verticality to support diving. The old world already feels wonky when you 310% speed over multiple zones in no time, at 960% it would feel even more wonky. Clearly Blizzard wanted to balance fun against wonkiness (and preposterous, if minor, advantage), and compromised.

Furthermore, this is alpha. They haven’t nerfed anything. They haven’t taken anything away. They are designing something, tested a way of doing it, then adjusted it. Get off your high horse.

If “I can’t fly through the world at absolute hacker speed even though I can still fly through the world at the highest speed ever seen in the history of WoW” is the absolute limit beyond which you can’t handle playing the game… don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, that goes without saying, it's just the point that just because there's no complaints before the actual player base sees it doesn't mean there isn't valid issues.

I do think it will feel bad for a majority of players to feel like they're so much slower than the new class. I also think that it's not a long term issue if they plan to add dragon flying to all areas, and then they'll revert this.
    How is that people complaining about demon hunter's double jump and built in slowfall, people complaining about warriors jumpy jumpy, monks chi torpedo zoom zoom, or to go totally vanilla druids having instant cast mount speed that repeatedly breaks roots?

Also Gehco in post #10 put it pretty good.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Doesn't Soar have a 5 minute cooldown? Who cares if it's faster to grab a single herb or get to a pet battle if it'll take you five minutes before you can fly again?
    1 Dracthyr with a 5 minute cooldown is fine, but there are going to be a whole hell of a lot more than 1 Dracthyr out in the open world, and it is going to get tiring very fast if you are constantly being outpaced to things by many Dracthyr.

This isn't a 1v1 balance change, and you're lacking understanding of a bigger picture.

Flying over an entire continent in what? 2 minutes or something is a bit ridiculous. People already bitch that the game feels small and compressed. Imagine flying from Hyjal to Uldum in 2 minutes. Personally this has near 0 affect on me. I will still be forced to make a Dracthyr to farm old raids regardless. This feels like complaining for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Flying over an entire continent in what? 2 minutes or something is a bit ridiculous. People already bitch that the game feels small and compressed. Imagine flying from Hyjal to Uldum in 2 minutes. Personally this has near 0 affect on me. I will still be forced to make a Dracthyr to farm old raids regardless. This feels like complaining for the sake of it.
    No one tell this guy about Vulpera. Or Mages. He might explode.

Frankly, that's a "fun" issue. - Ion

Considering that the game is in alpha and we are only talking about numerical adjustment of racial skill of the new class this post is completely absurd. If this is shattering OP's well being this much I would recommend to not play/read about alpha and just tune in near the launch to look some information up.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You should probably go see a doctor if you cannot see a difference between those two speeds. That is almost the same speed change difference between a 60% and 100% speed mount.

OT: I think Soar as it exists is dumb, and if they wanted to give them flying, it should have just been like a druid flight form.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    There is this forum post that I came across.

Interesting that the Dracthyr have all the animations for TBC style flight.
    It is a shame that it they’re not using them, the animations that the poster mentioned aren’t used by Soar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    First: this will probably never affect me
    yet you rant about it as if its end of the world...
    doesnt matter to you? STOP TALKING ABOUT IT, so people (very few i would think) to whom it DOES matter can discus it...

this rant doesnt show blizzard still dont understant why people are leaving, it shows YOU DONT understand it,
    everything they do drives SOME people away, but if you think something like this, which will have almost no impact on absolute majority of people, is something that droves away more than handful you are delusional...

as for "nerfing fun", 95+% times that "fun" they nerf is something that is being misused against other players, so you only hear those who misuse it (or who dont understand it, bcs they are not impacted, hello there) complain

soar is still faster than regular mounts

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Do people seriously not understand that Dracthyr players would prefer to fly with their own wings in current content, rather than have a speed advantage in the old world?
    Ssssh. Don't you know that everything Blizzard does it wrong because they're either A, greedy; B, lazy: or C, out of touch with their players?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.