Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was not even released how is it a nerf? Its still in the design stage ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    This feature looked far too fun, better nerf the absolute shit out of it until the funs dead. Gotta keep balance above all else fellas. Can’t be playing a game that focuses on fun first.
    Oh no, you can 'only' fly 50% faster then everyone else instead of 100% faster.
    Fun is clearly dead....
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Man I would love some empty platitudes. Some ground worship and statue in my honour and bring back the knight logo on the front of the MMO-champions site and replace it with my face... That would be swell.
    Hey dude, at least you're able to be honest with yourself about your vapid non-opinion that nobody should care about. That's better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    It was not even released how is it a nerf? Its still in the design stage ffs.
    If you outsource R&D and QC to the public you have to live with people seeing your stupid descisions and calling you out on it. It's as easy as that. When you then make absolutely hare-brained excuses for the changes you shouldn't wonder when people are even more riled up.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Because something fun is made less fun for the sake of balance where it's not needed.
    Yes. This is really the only reason that's needed. Something fun was made less fun where it wasn't needed.

You know what they could've done instead? Made Dragon Riding available to everyone in old world zones. See how easy that is? Not only does it not REMOVE fun, it ADDS fun because it allows more people to enjoy it. And yes, people will still use their old mounts, because that allows them to fly up into the air and hover, or auto-run in a direction and AFK, or simply to show-off their rare mounts.

To be fair, your questions were fairly dumb.
    Ah, so you're in the camp that numbers should never go down ever? Why doesn't Blizzard just make all mounts travel at 1500% speed, right? After all, number go up fun go up. Hey. Let's go one step further. Blizzard: Remove all forms of travel from the game. The year is 2022, I should be able to have the game know where I want to be and instantaneously port me anywhere simply by projecting my thoughts in the general direction of my computer. The technology is there, Elon Musk told me so in a TED Talk. (The government is lying to you, sheeple!) It's actually appalling how lazy Blizzard devs are. The only reason I can think they haven't implemented this yet is because they hate paying customers. I'm tired of being taken advantage of by this massive corporation. DAE fuck Bobby Kotick?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    I'm sorry but haven't people been bitching since the conception of Druid Flight form when it comes to gathering. They really haven't nerfed it regardless of all the complaints. Half the damn bots out there are druids for that reason specifically. Them nerfing Soar so that its STILL faster than epic flying for all other races isn't remotely close to something worth complaining about. The fact that its even warranting this post shows how petty and whiny the WoW playerbase is.
    So much this. I'm honestly at the point where I think the average WoW player is recreationally bored and just looking for stuff to whine about. If Dracthyr came out and had Soar after the nerf people would still complain about it and it would probably get nerfed so the other part would complain about it. People are just constantly looking for stuff to complain and whine about endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Oh no, you can 'only' fly 50% faster then everyone else instead of 100% faster.
    Fun is clearly dead....
    I mean yeah, 100% faster is obviously way more fun. Were you trying to be sarcastic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Ah, so you're in the camp that numbers should never go down ever? Why doesn't Blizzard just make all mounts travel at 1500% speed, right? After all, number go up fun go up. Hey. Let's go one step further. Blizzard: Remove all forms of travel from the game. The year is 2022, I should be able to have the game know where I want to be and instantaneously port me anywhere simply by projecting my thoughts in the general direction of my computer. The technology is there, Elon Musk told me so in a TED Talk. (The government is lying to you, sheeple!) It's actually appalling how lazy Blizzard devs are. The only reason I can think they haven't implemented this yet is because they hate paying customers. I'm tired of being taken advantage of by this massive corporation. DAE fuck Bobby Kotick?!?
    You’re creating a strawman argument for something I never said now, that’s pretty adorable lol.

You’re creating a strawman argument for something I never said now, that’s pretty adorable lol.
    to be fair, he cant adres your arguments when you provided none... maybe if you want people to react differently you should write something better than "cant answer so ill call you stupid"...

I mean yeah, 100% faster is obviously way more fun. Were you trying to be sarcastic?

- - - Updated - - -

My guy, you really should acquaint yourself with the concept of sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't see your invisible Kappa
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    to be fair, he cant adres your arguments when you provided none... maybe if you want people to react differently you should write something better than "cant answer so ill call you stupid"...
    There is no “to be fairs” on his side. If he wants to hear my arguments he can ask for them. Creating an argument I never said is less than helpful. I said his questions were dumb because they were just that. I shouldn’t really have to explain myself why I think him spewing out random things like “why don’t we make flying 90000000%” or “why don’t we just deleted mounts” is a dumb thing to say.

- - - Updated - - -

My guy, you really should acquaint yourself with the concept of sarcasm.
    What are you even attempting to say here?

There is no “to be fairs” on his side. If he wants to hear my arguments he can ask for them. Creating an argument I never said is less than helpful. I said his questions were dumb because they were just that. I shouldn’t really have to explain myself why I think him spewing out random things like “why don’t we make flying 90000000%” or “why don’t we just deleted mounts” is a dumb thing to say.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even attempting to say here?
    You are taking my posts way, way too seriously. Why are you insisting I'm creating a "strawman argument" when you never presented an argument in the first place? It was obvious sarcasm, poking fun at the ridiculousness of being upset about something as meaningless as this.

You are taking my posts way, way too seriously. Why are you insisting I'm creating a "strawman argument" when you never presented an argument in the first place? It was obvious sarcasm, poking fun at the ridiculousness of being upset about something as meaningless as this.
    I don’t believe I said anything that led you to believe I was upset, all I said was that your questions were dumb. Writing a massive response, creating arguments that aren’t there, and then attempting to tear them down shows to me that you have a lot more skin in the game than I do so idk what you’re on about with criticizing me for being too invested in something that doesn’t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    If you outsource R&D and QC to the public you have to live with people seeing your stupid descisions and calling you out on it. It's as easy as that. When you then make absolutely hare-brained excuses for the changes you shouldn't wonder when people are even more riled up.
    Yea thats fine but at the end of the day moving fast for doing the same world quest for the 14th time or getting to X transmog area is kinda nothing in the general end game loop for wow. If they feel people are moving to fast then thats fine also and its one thing to release it like that and change it later then nip it in the bud right now is what i was implying.

I don’t believe I said anything that led you to believe I was upset, all I said was that your questions were dumb. Writing a massive response, creating arguments that aren’t there, and then attempting to tear them down shows to me that you have a lot more skin in the game than I do so idk what you’re on about with criticizing me for being too invested in something that doesn’t matter.
    I'm not "tearing down" anything. It. was. sarcasm. I used your non response to lampoon the stupidity of this entire subject matter because frankly the idea of fun being on the same axis as flight speed is one of -- if I may borrow your phrasing -- the dumbest things you can imply.

I'm not "tearing down" anything. It. was. sarcasm. I used your non response to lampoon the stupidity of this entire subject matter because frankly the idea of fun being on the same axis as flight speed is one of -- if I may borrow your phrasing -- the dumbest things you can imply.
    Buddy, you literally just described a strawman. Almost word for word. That is what a strawman is, you made up a stupid argument to show me how stupid it was essentially attempting to tear it down.

And if the idea of making flying faster makes it more fun is somehow lost on you then I have an honest question for you. What makes flying fun for you in the first place? Do you enjoy getting flying when it gets unlocked every xpac?

Buddy, you literally just described a strawman. Almost word for word. That is what a strawman is, you made up a stupid argument to show me how stupid it was essentially attempting to tear it down.
    Broham, have you performed the Turing Test on yourself recently? You're responding to me like an AI that is physically incapable of understanding the concept of sarcasm. This is not an argument. I was not making an argument in my first response to you. I was utilizing sarcasm to meme the subject matter itself.

FWIW, in retrospect I'm sorry that I quoted you because you it's clear you cannot seem to wrap your brain around this incredibly simple concept despite having it now explained to you four times.

And if the idea of making flying faster makes it more fun is somehow lost on you then I have an honest question for you. What makes flying fun for you in the first place? Do you enjoy getting flying when it gets unlocked every xpac?
    I don't find flying fun. It's a convenience that I can easily live without. Give me a flight whistle and dungeon portals and I'm good to go. Or don't. I frankly do not give a shit.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-08-01 at 09:13 PM.

Look, the problem isn't WHY the game sucks. All the people on here who want to virtue signal how clever they are will pop up with "Blizzard knows more than you," yada, yada, yada.

Most people very clearly see this game sucks and very clearly know why(it ain't some magic unique to just you....)

The part we can't agree on, even a little bit, is how to fix it. There are thousands of paths to take to fix the game.

There is a glaring series of problems with WoW. Defining it with words here will just cause an argument, but everybody knows. However, there are three issues we can all kinda clock:

1. Community nor devs can agree on how to fix what is wrong with wow
    2. Publishers of wow may have priorities that run contradictory to fixing the issues
    3. Developers have always and continue to believe that change must be done slowly and incrementally not to scare away old or returning customers, and that the game must not change "too much"

There it is. Everybody knows the issue, most can even fix it if given free reign with their own bespoke fix for the game...no one can fix anything until all 3 of those rather frustrating problems are resolved, and they most likely will never be resolved, so there ya go. The entire reason some of us want WoW 2 is to circumvent JUST number 3. You would still be left with 2 big problems and all 3 are game breaking.

You see all these other games that come out? Well only a few of them are great, most are average, many are bad. You are looking at just the great ones when trying to compare wow and ask why wow can't do what other games can do. Other games do exactly what wow is doing now all the time, they are just average or bad. Great games have great developers and great companies behind them and they have people who identify and tackle problems like the above, instead of letting them keep going for years and years.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-08-01 at 09:43 PM.

oh no dracthyr would be able to farm transmog faster than any other class
    oh no dracthry would be able to get to onyxias lair faster
    farm battle pets?

its so silly to me that this was such a big deal when the reasons they provided are so meaningless

they didnt say the same when worgen had an advantage in the maw
    or the last 16 years of druids being able to use objects or take herbs in bird form

they could even use this as a way of promoting people on trying dracthyr as they start at current lvl cap

or you know, why not let EVERYONE use dragonriding outside the dragon isles, so completely removing all of this "problems"

its not the change itself its the "we dont want you to do this because (stupid reason)", like in shadowlands alpha when you couldnt use covenant spells outside of the shadowlands for "lore reasons"