Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will humans ever get snazzier customization options?

I know humans are supposed to be the middle ground, but I feel like such a basic bitch with the current hair/jewelry/etc options. I feel like we need some cooler/more interesting hairstyles, or tattoos or something to add some interest to things.

Still can't believe they didn't add giant wizard beards like the wizard
    in the Shadowlands update. Other than that i'm fine with what they have. Sometimes i feel like there is too much customization. I usually just end up going with the classic long hair and beard jesus look anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I know humans are supposed to be the middle ground, but I feel like such a basic bitch with the current hair/jewelry/etc options. I feel like we need some cooler/more interesting hairstyles, or tattoos or something to add some interest to things.
    I actually dont disagree on this one - i havnt looked at the hair styles for ages so if they have added these things, thats great.....

- scars
    - mowhawks, dreadlocks, more variety other than short and long.
    - Beards - and i mean REAL beards - similar to the dwarf ones, minus the fancy bits.

I definitely think its time to give them some edge, and i dont mean make them edgy, just give them some spice - atm they are pure vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uk Lok-Narash View Post
    Still can't believe they didn't add giant wizard beards like the wizard
    in the Shadowlands update. Other than that i'm fine with what they have. Sometimes i feel like there is too much customization. I usually just end up going with the classic long hair and beard jesus look anyway
    105% this.......i have NEVER understood why they dont up their beard game, its pathetic what we have tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    They already have more then any other race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They do, and that's a fair criticism, though most of them seem to be very subtle variations of the same things, like just a standard ponytail with a hair part on a different side, or maybe a slightly different amount of hair gathered back.

What about "body 3" ?

Still don't understand why fat and thin human models weren't made into barbershop options.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Still don't understand why fat and thin human models weren't made into barbershop options.
    It's a cool idea, but it's a somewhat resource intensive ask, where they'll have to re-rig, model, animate and skin everything for the fat and thin humans, unless they're just basing the model on another character type. With more hairstyles/beards/tattoos and stuff, or at least some that stand out from each other, it's something they do once, and then don't really need to spend more time on it.

It's a cool idea, but it's a somewhat resource intensive ask, where they'll have to re-rig, model, animate and skin everything for the fat and thin humans, unless they're just basing the model on another character type. With more hairstyles/beards/tattoos and stuff, or at least some that stand out from each other, it's something they do once, and then don't really need to spend more time on it.
    Fat and thin human models were added in BFA. Fat humans at the very least are all ready to go since Kul'Tirans use them.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-07-31 at 03:03 AM.

I think they could do with better proportions or face options at least, kind of odd they have no faces to deviate away from a caveman look. I know that's an issue with the artstyle itself, but they don't look as close to humans as Blood Elves do in some cases, and that's off-putting.

Fat and thin human models were added in BFA. Fat humans at the very least are all ready to go since Kul'Tirans use them.
    Yes, but that's different from rigging every class and special animation to them, modding every piece of clothing to fit them, etc. It's a continuous investment.

Yes, but that's different from rigging every class and special animation to them, modding every piece of clothing to fit them, etc. It's a continuous investment.
    The thing is that the "Thin Human" model is an altered Female Undead model, so it really just inherits all the development that model gets. And that inclused being able to load any of the "collections" made for that model (The 3D assets we see in newer armor sets)

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would love it if they just allowed the use of both the normal human model and the kul tiran for humans/kul tirans/worgen human forms. Ok, now I also want a chonky Worgen haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz could move some Drakthyr visage options to human, like haircuts and such. They will probably do it down the road with necessary touch ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Blizz could move some Drakthyr visage options to human, like haircuts and such. They will probably do it down the road with necessary touch ups.
    Honestly, that'd be great for the human females. In the name of flavor though, I'd suggest some things that reference Vrykul heritage, or even things like 7th legion tattoos or whatever.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wizard Beard is one of the biggest things I wanted so still disappointed. Besides that they made the facial hair 3D and it looks less like a stuble/close shave which I really liked the look of before. Also with most headpieces it disappears and you're freshly shaven.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Than* and no they don't. Male orcs have the most customization by far, followed by Night Elf female.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trolls cant even get beards man
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Than* and no they don't. Male orcs have the most customization by far, followed by Night Elf female.
    I think if you're going by the strict number of 'options', humans have a lot. However, it's really a false sense of choice. For instance, the human faces repeat 3 times, for three different 'sets' of skin tones, so you really only have 1/3 of the numerical options for faces. The jewelry also does this, with 3 colors of the same thing, and much less choice in shades of the jewelry as a whole. The hairstyles also tend to be very samey where like, for the female characters, there's a few ponytails that are barely distinguishable from one another.

They made fat people their own race...so I'm guessing no