Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The media says China was 'furious', but I'm sure they were actually jumping for joy internally that Crazy Nancy gave them a huge opportunity to change the status quo on Taiwan, especially while the US is simultaneously tied up with Ukraine right now. It's almost like it was all too perfect to be chance.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2022-08-06 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    The media says China was 'furious', but I'm sure they were actually jumping for joy internally that Crazy Nancy gave them a huge opportunity to change the status quo on Taiwan, especially while the US is simultaneously tied up with Ukraine right now. It's almost like it was all too perfect.
    Tied up in ukraine? We have a carrier group in the SCS. There are more resources watching china than watching ukraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Any clash with China would be an air and sea war, none of which the US has sent to Ukraine. They've sent a small amount of ground war gear to Ukraine that would be of limited use in Taiwan. And zero US troops are even in Ukraine.

Meanwhile Pelosi called Xi's bluff and all they have done in response is huff and puff a but.

Hmf...status quo. China nor US are complaining beyond rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    The media says China was 'furious', but I'm sure they were actually jumping for joy internally that Crazy Nancy gave them a huge opportunity to change the status quo on Taiwan, especially while the US is simultaneously tied up with Ukraine right now. It's almost like it was all too perfect to be chance.
    What support we've given Ukraine is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the military power we have at the ready.
    Putin khuliyo

only Nancy seems to not get that the status quo is supported by literally everyone else. China Taiwan AND the US' own stated position on the issue. If I didn't know any better I would think this had more to do with Nancy's ties to semiconductor manufacturers and her husbands stock portfolio. IDK, maybe they should look into that, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    only Nancy seems to not get that the status quo is supported by literally everyone else. China Taiwan AND the US' own stated position on the issue. If I didn't know any better I would think this had more to do with Nancy's ties to semiconductor manufacturers and her husbands stock portfolio. IDK, maybe they should look into that, just a thought.
    Sure. Now is a great time to fick over democrats.

Its weird that Pelosi is being blamed for this when its the Chinese that made it an issue in the first place. The moment they said we couldnt Nancy couldnt back down and I am glad she didnt

What the US has given Ukraine is basically a pittance in US terms. The US military industry and US military doctrine is built from the ground up so that they can compete and fight against in a conventional matter both Russia and China at the same time. It's why the US has so many carrier fleets. The US has the first(USAF), second(USNAF), maybe third (USAAF) and 5th (US Marine air group) largest airforces in the world. That's without local allies in both Europe and East Asia.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Pelosi always having a bad view of the PRC and wanting to make sure they know their place. Especially after her little stunt in Tianamen Square back in the 91.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eventually in a decade or three China will gobble up Taiwan, but for now they got a slap in the face and swallowed it.

Bring it on China.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

Bring it on China.
    careful, china owns your web browser
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    "Don't post winnie the pooh memes or China will take away your internet"

Sure thing buddy. We're all quaking in our boots.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Uhhhh, his web browser? Which web browser are you referring to, and how do you know which one he is using?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Or Pelosi always having a bad view of the PRC and wanting to make sure they know their place. Especially after her little stunt in Tianamen Square back in the 91.
    so she's an idiot? who doesn't seem to care that her fee fees aren't worth starting an armed conflict? what a great story to run with.

so she's an idiot? who doesn't seem to care that her fee fees aren't worth starting an armed conflict? what a great story to run with.
    What armed conflict?

hey yuppie has she been killed yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize nothing happened, right? China has a lot of bluster but very little follow-through; they do not want to risk their entire economy by pissing off the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize nothing happened, right? China has a lot of bluster but very little follow-through; they do not want to risk their entire economy by pissing off the rest of the world.
    but to Nancy it was really important that she "put them in their place". which IDK what the fuck else that is supposed to mean besides doing the exact same saber rattling china did. except this is a US politician that initiated it, for some reason.

but to Nancy it was really important that she "put them in their place". which IDK what the fuck else that is supposed to mean besides doing the exact same saber rattling china did. except this is a US politician that initiated it, for some reason.
    Pelosi/the US threatened to shoot down Chinese planes and start an armed conflict?