Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will Durak be in Dragonflight.

So with the timeskip cata exp pack should have been like what 16 years?

MoP 2 - WoD 2 - Legion 2 - BfA 2 - SL 2
    So 10 years of the exp packs and now with a timeskip of like 2-6 years that means Thrall son should now have Orcish adulthood right?

And since the end of Cata when the aspact dragons lost their powers they actually have a moment that involves him like that he will play a role in the future.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iJr3giQsxo4

So will he play a role this exp pack?

5+ Year Old Account
    That would be actually cool. He should be a teenager right now. Kinda curious what powers he could posses since his father is a shaman.

I dont think so. There is no hard Horde or Alliance content in DF, and I dont think it will be. Addon just isn't about it. And I dont think we will see any major character aside dragons this time, aside Tyrande/Malf, bc NE fans will be very salty.
    Maybe next expansion - when we could have grown Durak, grown Dagran II Taurissan, even that blood elf paladin from orphan quests. Make them unique models, not that bulky orc and dwarf models, slim ones.
    Zekhan, Shandris (yea, she is not young, but very underdeveloped), Durak, Dagran II, put there that few Hearthstone mercs (draenei, human, orc, BE in particular). Add Gob Squad with that G.E.A.R. lads. Maybe even undeads from Nazmir (Chadwick Paxton and mates) - we have plenty of options to start new stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    I dont think so. There is no hard Horde or Alliance content in DF, and I dont think it will be. Addon just isn't about it. And I dont think we will see any major character aside dragons this time, aside Tyrande/Malf, bc NE fans will be very salty.
    Maybe next expansion - when we could have grown Durak, grown Dagran II Taurissan, even that blood elf paladin from orphan quests. Make them unique models, not that bulky orc and dwarf models, slim ones.
    Zekhan, Shandris (yea, she is not young, but very underdeveloped), Durak, Dagran II, put there that few Hearthstone mercs (draenei, human, orc, BE in particular). Add Gob Squad with that G.E.A.R. lads. Maybe even undeads from Nazmir (Chadwick Paxton and mates) - we have plenty of options to start new stories.
    I wouldn't count it out. Thrall once represented the black dragonflight. So it isn't like he's irrelevant.

Cariel Roame is in the Dragon Isles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Cariel Roame is in the Dragon Isles.
    Ah the very famous Cariel... who he is? O_o
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Ah the very famous Cariel... who he is? O_o
    Well Dancaris would know which is why I responded to him. Cariel is a female paladin and one of the mercenaries added in Hearthstone. Since Cariel is now canon since she is in the Waking Shore, that could mean the rest of the gang is canon too. Her main plot in Hearthstone revolved around black dragons seeking the shards of a naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    I wouldn't count it out. Thrall once represented the black dragonflight. So it isn't like he's irrelevant.
    He never represented the black dragonflight. He once do the job Aspect of Earth should do. And that all. After that he was hit by neftbat like 3-4 times and now - he is weak shaman at best. And now he have no business with black dragonfight, neither his son.
    Well Dancaris would know which is why I responded to him. Cariel is a female paladin and one of the mercenaries added in Hearthstone. Since Cariel is now canon since she is in the Waking Shore, that could mean the rest of the gang is canon too. Her main plot in Hearthstone revolved around black dragons seeking the shards of a naaru.
    Cariel indeed there, wish other mercs can join her. Not troll and lich ofc, they are dead, but others can. Not gnome and dwarf, they are just awful, but draenei and orc-girl will be nice met. Maybe in later patches or expansions. After all - this expansions will be about dragons and not about Horde or Alliance.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2022-08-01 at 12:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

So 10 years of the exp packs and now with a timeskip of like 2-6 years that means Thrall son should now have Orcish adulthood right?

And since the end of Cata when the aspact dragons lost their powers they actually have a moment that involves him like that he will play a role in the future.

Your timeline is way off. Legion launched a few weeks after WoD, BFA a month or so after Legion and SL almost directly after BFA.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

He never represented the black dragonflight. He once do the job Aspect of Earth should do.
    That's... representing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Your timeline is way off. Legion launched a few weeks after WoD, BFA a month or so after Legion and SL almost directly after BFA.
    None of this true
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

It was already once considered every expansion was at least a year, then blizzard used closer irl time passing.
    Please don’t spread false information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

I don’t think so.while blizzard is definitely introducing new generation of leaders seemingly, if Salandria becoming a blood knight is any indication, I feel like the thrall family is a bit too…..risky to involve and handle poorly. We might get teases to them, but I can’t see them being one of the new blood faces we see.

With a stupid name like that he better get thrown in the Maw. Better bring secret son of Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    That's... representing...
    Nope, doing work for you in a yard dont make you husband to your wife and so on.
    Black dragonflight is not only earth elemental magic you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Nope, doing work for you in a yard dont make you husband to your wife and so on.
    Black dragonflight is not only earth elemental magic you know.
    Thrall quite literally stood in for Neltharion in a ritual devised to reconnect the Aspects to one another and their Titan-given roles, assuming the mantle of the Earthwarder briefly for that purpose. If that's not representing the Black Dragonflight in a fundamental manner, nothing else could really qualify.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Thrall quite literally stood in for Neltharion in a ritual devised to reconnect the Aspects to one another and their Titan-given roles, assuming the mantle of the Earthwarder briefly for that purpose. If that's not representing the Black Dragonflight in a fundamental manner, nothing else could really qualify.
    Its thier job and not who they are. He represented in ritual - not in whole dragonflight politic. He just use their power to do what Earthwarder dont. But he have no placein black dragonflight politic, in their flight relationships and so on.
    If I do some plumbing - I wont become master builder or building engineer. But in a part i done their job. Same here with Thrall. He do what he can, but cant become earthwarder (god, I wish he could, Horde could have someone to oppose demigod Malfurion) nor represent entire dragonflight.

7+ Year Old Account
    r (god, I wish he could, Horde could have someone to oppose demigod Malfurion)
    Don't worry. In about 30 years when Blizzard finally decides to do something with Vol'jin other than a sidequest, the Horde will get a super loa

Who will be killed off as soon as possible due to being a troll that dares to show protagonism
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Its thier job and not who they are. He represented in ritual - not in whole dragonflight politic. He just use their power to do what Earthwarder dont. But he have no placein black dragonflight politic, in their flight relationships and so on.
    If I do some plumbing - I wont become master builder or building engineer. But in a part i done their job. Same here with Thrall. He do what he can, but cant become earthwarder (god, I wish he could, Horde could have someone to oppose demigod Malfurion) nor represent entire dragonflight.
    Being an Aspect and serving in their roles goes a bit beyond a "job" - a job doesn't typically grant a person magical abilities attuned to the role, nor does it change their physiology entirely to make them more suited to that function. While Thrall didn't become an Aspect, he assumed the duty and fundamental role of the Black Dragonflight and their Aspect, Neltharion - bearing the full weight of the mantle. Comparing this with plumbing would be both a bad example and missing the point by several miles. In standing in for Neltharion, he represented what the Black Dragonflight and its fallen Aspect were supposed to be, and in so doing allowed the other four Aspects to reconnect with both themselves and one another. Not only that, but the experience also fundamentally changed Thrall, as seen later Charge of the Aspects.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    A card game have "plot"? A side from my totally ignorance about card games (a genre that I dont play)...
    I hope blizzard can make a proper background story for NPC that cames from other games, to size the gap for players like me, that dont know a thing about HS.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In standing in for Neltharion, he represented what the Black Dragonflight and its fallen Aspect were supposed to be
    Yes, he represented what the Black Dragonflight should be, not what they are. That noble protectors of Earth. Defender of living things and Azeroth herself.
    He was taking part of their their job, but not who they are now. Not their schemes, not their kinship, and their plans for the future and the relationship between them.
    While I agree that Thrall some time ago was in a place of Neltharion, Black Dragonflight is defined not only their "work" but also their identity. As blue dragonflight is not olny watchers of lay-lines, but also many other things that define them. Magic ofc is prevaling, but it is not who they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yes, he represented what the Black Dragonflight should be, not what they are. That noble protectors of Earth. Defender of living things and Azeroth herself.
    He was taking part of their their job, but not who they are now. Not their schemes, not their kinship, and their plans for the future and the relationship between them.
    While I agree that Thrall some time ago was in a place of Neltharion, Black Dragonflight is defined not only their "work" but also their identity. As blue dragonflight is not olny watchers of lay-lines, but also many other things that define them. Magic ofc is prevaling, but it is not who they are.
    If you're saying Thrall didn't become a motley assortment of dragons with their own personalities and agendas, I would agree - he definitely didn't do that. But that's not what "representing" the Black Dragonflight would mean in this context.