Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes, and since nothing - so far - has been mentioned about the Scourge in DF, we'll have to assume that it's been dealt with offscreen, or is being dealt with offscreen.
    Im sure its the latter which is a shame a Scourge invasion on a world wide scale would have been way better than SL. Reminds me of Legion how we got hints of a wider conflict around the world but we never see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    I dont think so. There is no hard Horde or Alliance content in DF, and I dont think it will be. Addon just isn't about it. And I dont think we will see any major character aside dragons this time, aside Tyrande/Malf, bc NE fans will be very salty.
    And just like the last two expansions, their role in the plot will be for blizzard to tell them "in this expansion, not the next one" and sacrifice some of them so that the plot can move forward in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    And just like the last two expansions, their role in the plot will be for blizzard to tell them "in this expansion, not the next one" and sacrifice some of them so that the plot can move forward in some way.
    But you will have your new even more blessed world tree, and with that - immortality once more, cinematic hinted that hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But you will have your new even more blessed world tree, and with that - immortality once more, cinematic hinted that hard
    That's more of an open question than you're depicting here. At the close of Cata, to avert the Cataclysm, the Aspects expended the majority of their Titan-gifted power in order to destroy Deathwing and prevent the Hour of Twilight from occurring. After this act, the Aspects and the dragonflights as a whole were greatly diminished, although still quite powerful both as dragons and with the power remaining to them, they're very much not the forces they were when Nordrassil was originally blessed. It's quite possible that a subsequent World Tree made from seed given to Tyrande at the close of Shadowlands can't have the same blessings that Nordrassil once did - and, owing to its origins and method of creation, its blessings may be entirely different or even non-existent as concerns immortality.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That's more of an open question than you're depicting here. At the close of Cata, to avert the Cataclysm, the Aspects expended the majority of their Titan-gifted power in order to destroy Deathwing and prevent the Hour of Twilight from occurring. After this act, the Aspects and the dragonflights as a whole were greatly diminished, although still quite powerful both as dragons and with the power remaining to them, they're very much not the forces they were when Nordrassil was originally blessed. It's quite possible that a subsequent World Tree made from seed given to Tyrande at the close of Shadowlands can't have the same blessings that Nordrassil once did - and, owing to its origins and method of creation, its blessings may be entirely different or even non-existent as concerns immortality.
    I agree with that. But cinematic straight call that gift "renewal, cirle of life and death, new begining of their kin"
    What is it as not either immortality or place for all NE in Ardenweald - that is immortality of sort? Just with some time in Ardenweald. I dont think that souls that comes to seed will be in new tree as children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I agree with that. But cinematic straight call that gift "renewal, cirle of life and death, new begining of their kin"
    What is it as not either immortality or place for all NE in Ardenweald - that is immortality of sort? Just with some time in Ardenweald. I dont think that souls that comes to seed will be in new tree as children.
    If that's what those cryptic words actually mean, then yes, I'd say it is a kind of effective immortality. Although what's meant by "renewal" and "the circle of life and death" being a "new beginning for their kin" is completely unknown as yet. That being said, Night Elves have always had a kind of effective immortality through the existence of Wisps, the souls of dead Kaldorei who are able to retain their connection to Azeroth despite death, able to exist on the threshold between planes of being.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

what cinematics?
    I remind you that if we go by words vonitas. More than once it was said that "the Kaldorei got their revenge" already 3 times I think and none of the 3 felt like revenge or victory.

I say in vace to that what I think we will see now

To be more direct. Remember that "the Night Warrior was going to bring Justice/revenge to the Kaldorei" But it didn't bring any of that?
    Why would it be different now?
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-02 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    what cinematics?
    I remind you that if we go by words vonitas. More than once it was said that "the Kaldorei got their revenge" already 3 times I think and none of the 3 felt like revenge or victory.

I say in vace to that what I think we will see now

To be more direct. Remember that "the Night Warrior was going to bring Justice/revenge to the Kaldorei" But it didn't bring any of that?
    Why would it be different now?
    I think he means the cutscene vignettes that essentially wrap up the Shadowlands storylines - in this case, the Tyrande/Ardenweald/Tear storyline that concerns the ultimate fate of those murdered at Teldrassil during the War of Thorns. Specifically:

After this cutscene, there is a scripted conversation between Tyrande, Shandris, and Ysera where the following is revealed:

Tyrande Whisperwind: The Winter Queen called her gift a seed. Ysera, my beloved friend, could it truly be so?
    Ysera: Yes. I sense this seed is touched by the Dream as well as by Ardenweald. A symbol of the crucial balance between life and death.
    Tyrande Whisperwind: Then it must be kept safe until it can take root.
    Ysera: I know of a place it can be protected, but... it has been so long...
    Ysera: Bring the seed to my daughter. Merithra will know where it should be taken.
    Shandris Feathermoon: Are you not returning to Azeroth with us? Surely the Winter Queen will allow you to--
    Ysera: When the queen used her own essence to revive me from the wildseed, it bound my soul to this realm.
    Ysera: I cannot leave it. Not without great sacrifice.
    Tyrande Whisperwind: Then tell us the price, and it shall be paid.
    Ysera: No, my friends. The kaldorei need you beside them once more.
    Ysera: If Elune wills it, I shall soar through Azeroth's skies again... one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think he means the cutscene vignettes that essentially wrap up the Shadowlands storylines - in this case, the Tyrande/Ardenweald/Tear storyline that concerns the ultimate fate of those murdered at Teldrassil during the War of Thorns. Specifically:

After this cutscene, there is a scripted conversation between Tyrande, Shandris, and Ysera where the following is revealed:
    Reading that what I feel is going to happen is that the seed is going to be sacrificed to revive Yesara.

Apart from that if there was a jump in time the Kaldorei should have already rebuilt their capital with tree and everything. Teldrazzil took a couple of years to grow.

Apart .. what is the plan if not. Plant the seed on the Dragon Isles and have the Kaldorei leave Kalimndor? A new city that we are only going to use for half an expansion or less?

Even in the best of cases I see it very badly

P.S:
    Blizzard: A but in the next next expansion you will be able to use that city.

PD2:
    They remember a year ago that everyone said that Tyrande was going to kill Sylvanas. That the Kaldorei were going to revive. What were you an idiot if you shouldn't realize that?
    Well I feel that this is the same.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-02 at 07:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reading that what I feel is going to happen is that the seed is going to be sacrificed to revive Yesara.

Apart from that if there was a jump in time the Kaldorei should have already rebuilt their capital with tree and everything. Teldrazzil took a couple of years to grow.

Apart .. what is the plan if not. Plant the seed on the Dragon Isles and have the Kaldorei leave Kalimndor? A new city that we are only going to use for half an expansion or less?

Even in the best of cases I see it very badly

P.S:
    Blizzard: A but in the next next expansion you will be able to use that city.

PD2:
    They remember a year ago that everyone said that Tyrande was going to kill Sylvanas. That the Kaldorei were going to revive. What were you an idiot if you shouldn't realize that?
    Well I feel that this is the same.
    The price is Tyrande... or something that she must do that take her away from Azeroth.

Tyrande must not be sacrified or used for that because Kaldorei needs her.

Also, its explain by Ysera why the seed must keep safe... because you cant plant it by now "until it can take root".

A side from that, a new tree needs to be blessed by the Dragon Aspects at its birth... and by now you dont have any. So, the seed will be planted when will be ready and when the Dragons will became Aspects again.

Probably in next weeks, when the Green dragon zones cuold be playble in Alpha we will discover more.

But whats the problem if new the tree its planted near Dragon island? Kalimdor is not used since vanilla, you only need a fly path and a portal to go there.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Would be neat, the game does not more paralel developing stories.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Im sure its the latter which is a shame a Scourge invasion on a world wide scale would have been way better than SL. Reminds me of Legion how we got hints of a wider conflict around the world but we never see it.
    Hardly. The Scourge is a threat because of its size, not because of its power. It wouldn't be much of a threat to us, but it is to large for us to effectively handle and has no singular leader anymore, which is part of the reason it is a problem to begin with. That's a task for armies to handle, not for champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    The price is Tyrande... or something that she must do that take her away from Azeroth.

Tyrande must not be sacrified or used for that because Kaldorei needs her.

Also, its explain by Ysera why the seed must keep safe... because you cant plant it by now "until it can take root".

A side from that, a new tree needs to be blessed by the Dragon Aspects at its birth... and by now you dont have any. So, the seed will be planted when will be ready and when the Dragons will became Aspects again.

Probably in next weeks, when the Green dragon zones cuold be playble in Alpha we will discover more.

But whats the problem if new the tree its planted near Dragon island? Kalimdor is not used since vanilla, you only need a fly path and a portal to go there.
    Let Yesara say no now. It doesn't mean that tomorrow I say yes. She said that she was not willing to take Tyrande's life. Not that she wasn't willing to use the seed.
    Back, do you remember that she talked about revenge and power for the Night Warrior and they didn't give us one or the other?

A new tree needs no blessing. It is more precisely Teldrazzil was not benefited until Cata. Because it was planted out of pride.

What's wrong with the Kaldorei abandoning their lands? The race that identifies itself as "defending its forests". Well that simply takes away all the reason to fight or be part of history.

Apart from planting it on the Dragon Islands. If you are going to leave your land, plant it in Drenor or in another world. Well away from the Horde.

PS: It's more if you realize. All of the Night Warrior's power and all of the dead in Teldrazzil were used to help Elune's sister instead of the Kaldorei. Why would it be different with the seed?
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-05 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    None of this true
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

It was already once considered every expansion was at least a year, then blizzard used closer irl time passing.
    Please don’t spread false information.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think so.while blizzard is definitely introducing new generation of leaders seemingly, if Salandria becoming a blood knight is any indication, I feel like the thrall family is a bit too…..risky to involve and handle poorly. We might get teases to them, but I can’t see them being one of the new blood faces we see.
    I agree with @Venziir . I find it hard to believe an entire year went by between Legion and BfA, more like a few weeks. Even less time between BfA and SL, a few days maybe? Like after Sylvanas says the Horde is nothing and poofs away I think she went right to Icecrown from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Like after Sylvanas says the Horde is nothing and poofs away I think she went right to Icecrown from there.
    Nope thats not true since the Horde members that kept loyal to Sylvanas had a follow questline where she explains herself.

Durak means stop in Turkish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let Yesara say no now. It doesn't mean that tomorrow I say yes. She said that she was not willing to take Tyrande's life. Not that she wasn't willing to use the seed.
    Back, do you remember that she talked about revenge and power for the Night Warrior and they didn't give us one or the other?

A new tree needs no blessing. It is more precisely Teldrazzil was not benefited until Cata. Because it was planted out of pride.

What's wrong with the Kaldorei abandoning their lands? The race that identifies itself as "defending its forests". Well that simply takes away all the reason to fight or be part of history.

Apart from planting it on the Dragon Islands. If you are going to leave your land, plant it in Drenor or in another world. Well away from the Horde.

PS: It's more if you realize. All of the Night Warrior's power and all of the dead in Teldrazzil were used to help Elune's sister instead of the Kaldorei. Why would it be different with the seed?
    But means that Tyrande in involved in someway... not the seed as you mention it.

A world tree with no blessing its expose to decay... that why was blessed when was possible. With no bless, soon or later will be lost.

"Defending forrest" from an island not connected to a land... that can be done from everywhere on Azeroth and by now we dont know where Dragon Island is located.

Also, Drenor is the homeworld of the orcish race... its the horde motherland and the Horde is everywhere even in your party/raid... not to mention the fact that Kalindor is where the Horde capital city is located with Horde symbol in Azshara. So, "away from the Horde" in not possible event if the seed is planted again where Terdrassil was.

The seed is a gift. Elune allowed the slaughter of the elves to help her sister. Now her sister returns the seed with the souls of the sacrificed elves... The circle of forgiveness is closed and a new tree will be planted. Thats it.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    But means that Tyrande in involved in someway... not the seed as you mention it.

A world tree with no blessing its expose to decay... that why was blessed when was possible. With no bless, soon or later will be lost.

"Defending forrest" from an island not connected to a land... that can be done from everywhere on Azeroth and by now we dont know where Dragon Island is located.

Also, Drenor is the homeworld of the orcish race... its the horde motherland and the Horde is everywhere even in your party/raid... not to mention the fact that Kalindor is where the Horde capital city is located with Horde symbol in Azshara. So, "away from the Horde" in not possible event if the seed is planted again where Terdrassil was.

The seed is a gift. Elune allowed the slaughter of the elves to help her sister. Now her sister returns the seed with the souls of the sacrificed elves... The circle of forgiveness is closed and a new tree will be planted. Thats it.
    1 No circle is really closed. Elune sacrificed the Kaldorei to help his sister and his sister only gave back to the Kaldorei what he took from them without permission. But he even he is giving back less than he took. Because for now many souls were lost along the way and the sacrifice seems to have also destroyed them.

2 The unblessed tree did pretty well for 10 years. I see no reason why they are really necessary to work. When you have an army of Druids that take care of the tree.

3 Precisely the Orcs are the best example. They left Drenor, they no longer defend it. It is no longer their country.
    The issue is that they have no connection to their land. The Kaldorei do.

4 The symbol of the Horde does not come from the land of Azhara. They had it before knowing that place.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-10 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    Durak means stop in Turkish.
    And Fool in Russian.

I don't think he will, by the way. Not old enough to go into the battle, still.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    He barely did anything in Shadowlands, he wasn't even needed for BfA as Saurfang did all the work and the only thing he did in Legion was give shamans the doomhammer.
    If anything we need Thrall to be done properly in an expansion.
    He did more than most of the other characters we traveled to Shadowlands with. We assaulted Vyraz' stronghold with Thrall and his mom. He pretty much had the same if not more screen time than Jaina and definitely more screentime than Baine, Genn, Taelia or Calia. THe only ones more involved in the story were Tyrande, Sylvanas and Bolvar.