Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    The WoW Devs do care.
    Hey, good one! Do you do stand-up professionally? I'm assuming you must, because that was absolutely hilarious.

The only thing WoW's developers care about is making their life easier. They don't give a toss about making the game fun, intuitive, or creative. And they certainly don't care about giving players options or letting them play how they want to play.

"The WoW devs do care." Ha! You're great.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    I'd love to return to the game but can't justify giving money to the new inverted Blizzard where ideology is king over creativity. I want good stories and experiences, not 72 genders at the character creation screen. So, I remain in the category contributing to WoW's declining subscription count.
    No amount of cosmetics can hide the money harvesting factory underneath.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    Ok bud I hate to sound rude but you have no idea how to read these.

You are reading growth or quarter-quarters and year-year and conflating them as the same thing.

When you mention in 2016 it had “double digit growth” and then “30% more” and then “20% more” all that add up to is a 10% growth of all of 2016. And we all know after they stopped announcing subs is when WoW took a massive massive hit becasue of how hard wod fell. So I’ll be super generous and say Q1 of 2016 had 4 million subs, then it ended it with 4.4 not anywhere close to 8. You are off by about double the subs simply by not being able to read the calls lol.

And I’m being super, super, SUPER generous with the wod fall off as well too.

It even says it in the q4 call that 2016 saw a 10% increase. You’re reading it all wrong, probably out of bias I’m not quite sure.

Also they didn’t stop reporting subs on q4 2015 it was right after q3 2015 so subs weren’t mentioned for two quarters.
    "Shrug" I was just glancing at multiple years of slide reports if I'm wrong I'm wrong.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Hey, good one! Do you do stand-up professionally? I'm assuming you must, because that was absolutely hilarious.

The only thing WoW's developers care about is making their life easier. They don't give a toss about making the game fun, intuitive, or creative. And they certainly don't care about giving players options or letting them play how they want to play.

"The WoW devs do care." Ha! You're great.
    So why are you here then? Obviously you're just one of those negative Nancy's who like to take a shit all over everything. Just imagine the good you could do if you took all this energy and redirected it onto something productive instead of half-assed trolling on 3rd party forums for a game you don't play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    From another thread;

Activision Blizzard, the parent company of Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, posted a 28% drop in quarterly net revenue while net income was down 68% as the tapering of the pandemic led more people away from video games and inflation gave them less money to spend.

Second-quarter revenue was $1.64 billion, down from $2.3 billion in the same period a year ago, while profit fell to $280 million from $876 million.
    Worth pointing out that that is across all titles under the umbrella of Activision including CoD and dozens of other things. We don't really know all that much about how WoW is doing except for descriptive stuff.

As well, the gaming industry generally is likely to be taking a hit this year as movies, concerts and other live events return. Again, this says nothing one way or the other about WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Who is exaggerating?

Most of the WoW team that worked on WoW during Legion (the last thing WoW did right) has quit and the majority of them said Blizzard is shit but in a nice way going out the door.
    The "WoW Team" consists of several hundred employees. I've not seen that many announcements of the team leaving to account for a majority of several hundred people. As much hate as the game gets one would imagine that all of these "leader" types that have left would be celebrated. That would be logical. Of course there is no logic when someone posts a "I Hope Blizzard Dies in a Fire" sort of post.

About the only thing I'll agree with is the MSFT acquisition. You should take a look at their quarterly report sometime. It's broad, very non-specific and it's not difficult at all to imagine that just south of $2 billion/year Blizzard isn't going to garner a lot of attention in a company that's doing $57 billion/quarter, i.e. <1% of Microsoft's revenue. You may be on the verge of saying goodbye to any of the sort of information that has been available in the past about subscriptions, revenue, monthly active users or the rest of it. That will be something of a relief if that's the way it goes.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No. But when I can switch back and forth and not only is my key press order nearly identical, but so is the timing, and when the only real difference is movement especially after the Aimed Shot movement nerf post-Wrath sans Tier 18...
    so face smash.... called it.
    (how much has MSV had to rip off from BM, and how far did they have to buff it to get MSV (even people that like it are worried what happens after the broken set or borrowed powers it has now vanishes) off bottom of the least played spec... how often was RSV at the bottom of least played spec's......
    - - - Updated - - -

So why are you here then? Obviously you're just one of those negative Nancy's who like to take a shit all over everything. Just imagine the good you could do if you took all this energy and redirected it onto something productive instead of half-assed trolling on 3rd party forums for a game you don't play.
    umm something on your nose there....
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-03 at 12:29 AM.

[QUOTE=Dadwen;53867568]so face smash.... called it.
    (how much has MSV had to rip off from BM, and how far did they have to buff it to get MSV (even people that like it are worried what happens after the broken set or borrowed powers it has now vanishes) off bottom of the least played spec... how often was RSV at the bottom of least played spec's......

Melee Survival is here to stay. The Mage Tower cemented that. Time to move on. If you don't want to play MM or BM, then you don't want to play Hunter. Period.

umm something on your nose there....
    It's just your surrender. I accept.

Melee Survival is here to stay. The Mage Tower cemented that. Time to move on. If you don't want to play MM or BM, then you don't want to play Hunter. Period.

well duh on the bolded part, why do you think I posted in a thread talking about how crappy the dev's are, garbage decisions pushed me out of retail and now changed my mind on playing classic. not only have they made me not want to play a hunter they made me not way to play WOW... *IE back to where we started this conversation. *(funny they have to overbuff MSV to even get people to play it.).\\

right what ever you tell yourself... *funny how that spot has a wiff of blizzards crap game designs,... (sure that's all the bean counters fault) *when the designer\Dev's makes something less popular than the previous design and keeps doubling down on bad, it's safe to say they suck.

**oh I see you got owned in the Hunters sections already by about everyone, so came here to try and not sounds dumb in supporting Blizzards bad decisions on MSV.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-03 at 01:40 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It's a free country, it's well within your right to be delusional and believe that the game is doing fine
    100% of the time I will trust the investor calls over some random from the forum, or some streamer that gets clicks for drama.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The correct question is how does ION still have a job? I personally like Shadowlands, but there is no debate here - Shadowlands is a disaster. The 7 month content draught up and to the first patch and not opening up the covenants from the start proved to be horrendous. The latter is most definitely an avoidable mistake. Anyone and everyone with brain warned Blizzard in Alpha and Beta be more forgiving about Covenant swaps, but no Blizzard knows better. And, the former is arguably avoidable as well and should've never happened. Ion misfired on both BFA and Shadowlands. If not for the massive success of Legion he'd most definitely be demoted or gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Is it bad that I think this would be a good thing?
    Never underestimate MMO Champion arm chair investors

Microsoft PLC sales dropped 5%
    This forum OMG ITS BECAUSE THEY NERFED EVOKERS
    Sales from Car OS down 10 points
    MMOC: fucking Diablo pay to win bullshit that's the proof right there
    Windows 11 Professional plateaus in sales
    MMOC: If they buffed warlocks and fired Ion more people would buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Already posted it on the first page but here if you missed it.
    But that doesnt say its higher than previous expansions - it says it is "STRONGER then we TYPICALLY see at this point...." Absolutely nothing in that sentence says they have MORE subscribers than previous expansions, at any point. Typically also doesnt mean HAVE EVER.

You understanding of that quote is miles off reality, absolutely miles off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Well technically they did not keep their jobs.

Most of them have quit.
    99% of the same people who worked at Blizz have stayed. The only "important" person that had left (actually: had to be let go) was Jesse McCree iirc.

Like srsly, I see you have some "agenda" about this to prove some point, so you have to keep telling that most of the "good" devs have quit, but that's not true. Not even the ones that tried to make themselves a good name on Twitter were actual WoW devs, like that one Test Manager woman who organized these walkouts or Josh Allen (Lore) who was the lead CM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    The correct question is how does ION still have a job? I personally like Shadowlands, but there is no debate here - Shadowlands is a disaster. The 7 month content draught up and to the first patch and not opening up the covenants from the start proved to be horrendous. The latter is most definitely an avoidable mistake. Anyone and everyone with brain warned Blizzard in Alpha and Beta be more forgiving about Covenant swaps, but no Blizzard knows better. And, the former is arguably avoidable as well and should've never happened. Ion misfired on both BFA and Shadowlands. If not for the massive success of Legion he'd most definitely be demoted or gone.
    Covenant swapping was never a big deal for the vast majority of the playerbase. These BS systems are never the issue when WoW loses players, it's always the lack of (accessible) content. There is a direct correlation between player engagement and content releases.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-08-03 at 05:28 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But that doesnt say its higher than previous expansions - it says it is "STRONGER then we TYPICALLY see at this point...." Absolutely nothing in that sentence says they have MORE subscribers than previous expansions, at any point. Typically also doesnt mean HAVE EVER.

You understanding of that quote is miles off reality, absolutely miles off.
    What do you think ”subscriber base is stronger” means? Because in every business sense I have ever seen it means they have a higher sub numbers, if you know of some business sense where a stronger sub base means any thing please share it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

What do you think ”subscriber base is stronger” means? Because in every business sense I have ever seen it means they have a higher sub numbers, if you know of some business sense where a stronger sub base means any thing please share it.
    Means gamers are getting jacked!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The one thing every old buisness investor cares about

The ability of the playerbase to clean mythic raids duh

Most of them have quit.

Blizzard did bring in a whole new team by purchasing Proletariat to work on WoW. IMO it is a little too late, game is shit, Blizzard is shit. Only reason why DI and Hearthstone have success is due to Whales and Addicts swiping them cards, the microtransaction money they are making is insane and also very fucking sad for the gaming industry. This is the biggest reason why they have been sold to Microsoft, Blizzard became a company that only cared for profits and doing so caused them to decline in active players across the board so they are getting out while they still worth $$$
    It's so shit that you sit here on MMO champion forums talking about them

It is an 18 year old game. I mean....The fact that it's still running, and keeps making money is a minor miracle.

Why do you think they said STRONGER rather than HIGHER? Why do you think they said TYPICALLY rather than EVER?.......I notice you completely ignored the second part of my comment. I wonder why?

If you get a gold medal, you dont publicize "finished top 3". If you have climbed Everest, you dont promote that you have "climbed one of the bigger mountains".

If the subs were outright more than previously, they would have said so. If it was higher than anything since X expansion, they would have said so. They didnt. They said "Stronger" and "typically".
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-08-03 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Most of them have quit.

Blizzard did bring in a whole new team by purchasing Proletariat to work on WoW. IMO it is a little too late, game is shit, Blizzard is shit. Only reason why DI and Hearthstone have success is due to Whales and Addicts swiping them cards, the microtransaction money they are making is insane and also very fucking sad for the gaming industry. This is the biggest reason why they have been sold to Microsoft, Blizzard became a company that only cared for profits and doing so caused them to decline in active players across the board so they are getting out while they still worth $$$
    Citation needed for most. Since it implies >50%

We get it. You hate Blizzard, yet you're desperate enough to keep posting here for attention. It's adorable, but move on. Your ex (Blizzard) has. Maybe you should to.

This whole topic is just the "stop having fun!" Meme