Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

    dont waste your money its so easy. stop support this shit.

    ok
    great insight. thanks for sharing it
    /s

  2. #82
    It's easy, if you boost people, it takes 5 runs to get gold for 1 run. There are plenty of boosters buying boosts for their alts. Why? Because it's a fair system, most people had a guildie of friend that had tons of alts and they kept bringing them in for alt raids and stuff, and after a while people get sick and tired of carrying their crappy alts.
    But if you boost others, then get your own alts boosted it's always fair, you always put in the same amount of work as they get in return.
    Having helped a lot of people with 15s and 20s, why do people other than boosters buy keys? Some are goblins and they have tons of gold, some are socially shy but want to experience the content for themselves.
    A popular boost back in TBC was "the black temple experience" where you got "boosted" through black temple, you didn't even get loot. A lot of people enjoyed seeing Illidan and other NPCs for themselves.
    Then of course some people want gear, some want to get at the mounts, some want achievements, some want to see what a proper run looks like before they attempt one themselves, some want to practice in an environment where there is zero risk of flaming if they step in something. People have all sorts of reasons.

  3. #83
    Getting a boost is becoming a bit more tempting. Pugs can be uneasy at best, and downright toxic AF at worst. My only hope is that bought boosts would be "nicer" in such that they're there to get the job done, and that's that - no BS talk, no nothing. Getting the desired loot would be a bonus too.

  4. #84
    Because OP im rich as fuck with AH play having made millions, but what I dont have is time to learn the 5 mans. So its much more efficient to just make the gold than play the 5 mans. And honestly Im fine with that, to much stress and annoying gameplay.

    I wish I cared enough/had the mental fortitude/time to learn it all, but I just dont.

    If people would just stop fucking adding mounts to the reward...Only reason why I do it. So toxic to remove collectible items from the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Getting a boost is becoming a bit more tempting. Pugs can be uneasy at best, and downright toxic AF at worst. My only hope is that bought boosts would be "nicer" in such that they're there to get the job done, and that's that - no BS talk, no nothing. Getting the desired loot would be a bonus too.
    Yes, and yes. Look the last mythic season I got like...I dont know, 10-15 Ilvl bump, and no stress. I have a contact on discord who also helped me on other stuff. They want their gold, I have the gold,...done. And man I dont even feel like im paying a lot, doing freaking 20 runs. But they enjoy the gold so whatever.

    Blizzard just needs to not add collect items to such content man.


    I hate GDKP on classic through. Ruins the spirit of the game, but back in those times gear and stuff was a much bigger part of the game. Gear on retail etc means nothing. I soon have 720 mounts, and I topped world rank 1000 on achivements according to warcraftlogs, and only reason is because I....well I grind a lot on my own, but I buy boosts...LOADS of boosts. At one point, when Asmongold was on break, I had more points and mounts than him even, and thats balling, considering what Asmongold has...Like hes legit legit.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-08-05 at 02:58 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  5. #85
    I used to sell boosts before the community ban. I also sold M+ coaching as well. All for gold, never RMT. If they were buying a bunch, we'd usually end up talking, and discord was required for coaching.

    I've come across four main sentiments:

    1) I'm rich, don't like running M+, but I want the vault/chest option. Pretty self-explanatory. People who sell raid boosts/mounts, or play the AH. M+ doesn't appeal to them, but to stay cutting edge they need to check their weekly boxes. Also applies to people with a comfortable life IRL who'd rather spend an extra ~$60 a month buying tokens instead of dealing with the hassle of building rating and pugging their 15s.

    2) Catch-up gear. Usually an alt, they usually also enjoy M+ but hate the low level 2-15 grind with all the toxicity and pseudo-elitism. Plus they'd rather skip the dozens of hours of time needed for that grind.

    3) Score inflation. Similar to 2, they just want to have a good M+ score so they can continue pugging down the line.

    4) Experience. They want to do M+, but haven't played in a bit and don't want to tank keys while they learn. They want a safe environment to learn without toxicity/judgement. Sometimes they pay for the coaching, other times they just buy normal boosts and soak in the experience passively.

    1s were my repeat customers; they'd get added on my battle net list and I'd see them almost every week. 2s would come in 'chunks' when they leveled a new toon and wanted to run like 20 dungeons quickly, almost always with an armour stack. 3s & 4s would buy a 'world tour' and would come once a season to refresh their ranking and keep going.


    At the end of the day, there's a core issue in M+ and that is the 2-14 dungeons. If you check group finder, they're always pretty rare compared to >=15, especially once a season has been out for a few weeks. Not sure what solutions could be presented, but thats why people pay, to skip the ludicrous time sink that is the grind to doing a +15 world tour.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

  6. #86
    Herald of the Titans Daffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Computer Chair
    Posts
    2,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You say it's easy, but some people are *REALLY* bad at the game.
    "some" is the understatement of the century.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's how you're supposed, or better, it's LITERALLY playing the game you're paying a sub for. You're paying more to skip the game you pay to play. To each its own i suppose.
    Maybe that person's definition of "the game" is the part where he has the gear and is doing higher dungeons with that class rather than the gearing up process? The game is end-game centric and gear is just a checkbox to mark if you want to experience that endgame.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If you don't have the time or the skill needed, you're not supposed to do them. It's not automatic to have the chance of doing everything in the game nor people is entitled to have it. If they buy them, it's because they want the rewards without the effort required - doesn't really matter the reason. You stated it - your friend wnats the gear because it makes the game easier but doesn't want to actually play the game and get its related rewards.

    Being able to buy things it's not the same as deserving them.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's how you're supposed, or better, it's LITERALLY playing the game you're paying a sub for. You're paying more to skip the game you pay to play. To each its own i suppose.
    You assume that people buying boosts lack the skill or time and thats partially true. But theres also alot of people who just wanna reroll class or gear up alt fast so they can catch up and do endgame content with their guild as fast as possible and for many people gold is not a problem at all. After all what are you using it for if you have everything?
    Why someone like that would want to redo the slow gear progression when he can buy his way out in just like 1 day?

    For you playing a game is progressing the character, for many its just doing endgame content like raids/high M+ and they don't give a damn about leveling or gear progression.
    And I think everyone is allowed to enjoy the game the way they like.

  9. #89
    I don't either. You already pay to play this game, on top of that you pay other people to play the game for you so you can get stuff in the game you don't want to play? This will never stop baffling me. But hey, it's their money, and there are people who do far more foolish things with their cash besides.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't either. You already pay to play this game, on top of that you pay other people to play the game for you so you can get stuff in the game you don't want to play? This will never stop baffling me. But hey, it's their money, and there are people who do far more foolish things with their cash besides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    So. You dont enjoy playing the game so you buy boosts for alts just because you are addicted to the game.

    If the game doesnt provide fun content to the point people prefer paying to avoid it, something is bad with that game.

    Only addiction explains it.

    I have cured mine long ago and just play once in a while when content is fresh.

    Good luck.
    You both are projecting yuor opinion on others. Some people enjoy part of the game and wanna skip the other part that they don't enjoy (like leveling or early gear/rating progression). Not everything is black and white. I don't enjoy pet battles so does this mean I play a game that I don't like?

    No, I just enjoy other type of content.

  11. #91
    Or
    And hear me out
    I have 10m gold from the AH and nothing to really spend it on so I want to get easy rewards

  12. #92
    It's easy. Some people enjoy playing the game, other people enjoy winning the game.

    I'm personally somewhere in the middle, but I lean much more towards just enjoying playing than I do enjoying winning. As other people have pointed out, some people have already "beat" the game once so don't want to go through the effort of playing again.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    You both are projecting yuor opinion on others. Some people enjoy part of the game and wanna skip the other part that they don't enjoy (like leveling or early gear/rating progression). Not everything is black and white. I don't enjoy pet battles so does this mean I play a game that I don't like?

    No, I just enjoy other type of content.
    I dunno. If I don't like something I don't do it. I don't level too often, I don't do pet battle, and I'll pull my own teeth out with rusty pliers rather than do PvP. Does it mean I miss out on some cool rewards? Sure, but so be it. I'd rather have the cool stuff I feel like I earned and sometimes have stories to tell about, rather than all the stuff but some of it only has "anyway so I started blasting my credit card at things" as the only story.

    Of course as I said that's just me and I can understand wanting to gear up an alt quickly as a likely reason to buy a boost.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

    The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

  14. #94
    That's, what is called game-service. That's just smart way to add microtransactions to game, while keeping sub fee. Make game harder => Groups are mandatory => Strangers treat you as employee or are simply toxic => Find friends or bring them from IRL => Can't do it? => Pay IRL $$$! => Problem solved => Blizzard get their fee => Everybody happy.

    I would want to do it, if such services would be more accessible. First of all, I don't care enough about video game to invest extra money on a top of sub fee into game, I don't truly enjoy. Second thing - I don't want to risk. Such service are unofficial. I need to contact to unreliable 3rd parties. I just don't want to deal with all that problems. If Blizzard want my money so much - it would be much easier to stop pretending, that their game is still P2P, and just put M+ gear to store.

    What's wrong with direction of development? Inclusivity is priceless - race change for free!

  15. #95
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,169
    I don't get why people buy fish from the grocery store, instead of just going fishing the old fashioned way.

  16. #96
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,479
    People are shit and lazy. That's why they buy boosts. You all know it, it's just some are defensive and buttmad that they are too incapable of doing even easy content or they are friendless joyless people stuck playing a game they hate. Hell you even have people argue "it takes time brooooooo" to do what...play a fucking game? The fuck you playing it for then? If you hate the gearing, leveling process so much, why engage in it over and over? God knows the game sure as fuck doesn't encourage you to play alts no matter what Blizzard tells you. Maybe you're some FotM chaser? Maybe some sweater with a gorillion alts so he can do whatever Daddy Streamer tells him to do? Such degenerate players are the type of people that hate the game but can't stop playing it for some unknowable reason and are almost certainly more common than simple baddies who suck.

    Again, a lot of you are fine with it because you parasites actually sell them to these clowns and talk about how easy it is to make gold and so on. I know a lot of you do it to support your raiding costs and other bullshit. I just think it lessens you is all and that the sooner people look down upon you as much if not more than the leeches who pay for your services the better.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I don't get why people buy fish from the grocery store, instead of just going fishing the old fashioned way.
    +1. It's more effective, when everybody does his business professionally and then just exchanges it with others via universal currency.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    People are shit and lazy. That's why they buy boosts. You all know it, it's just some are defensive and buttmad that they are too incapable of doing even easy content or they are friendless joyless people stuck playing a game they hate. Hell you even have people argue "it takes time brooooooo" to do what...play a fucking game? The fuck you playing it for then? If you hate the gearing, leveling process so much, why engage in it over and over? God knows the game sure as fuck doesn't encourage you to play alts no matter what Blizzard tells you. Maybe you're some FotM chaser? Maybe some sweater with a gorillion alts so he can do whatever Daddy Streamer tells him to do? Such degenerate players are the type of people that hate the game but can't stop playing it for some unknowable reason and are almost certainly more common than simple baddies who suck.

    Again, a lot of you are fine with it because you parasites actually sell them to these clowns and talk about how easy it is to make gold and so on. I know a lot of you do it to support your raiding costs and other bullshit. I just think it lessens you is all and that the sooner people look down upon you as much if not more than the leeches who pay for your services the better.
    Let's look at it from other side. Game, that is based on bad unhealthy mechanics, such as FOMO, time-gating, grind, RNG - isn't actually game. It's job simulator. I call it "If this game is designed for bots - let bots play it". But majority of players play games for entertainment and fun. They don't need so called "socialization". So, no wonder, that there are players, who play such games "professionaly" and provide their services to others.

    That's, how F2P games work. You either grind or you pay. Casual players are expected to pay there. That's it. Problem is - we play P2P game, not F2P.

    Core problem - players don't love Wow. They love Warcraft universe. But Blizzard refuse to make other games in this universe, so such players have to deal with MMO genre, even it doesn't suit them.

    What's wrong with direction of development? Inclusivity is priceless - race change for free!

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Maybe that person's definition of "the game" is the part where he has the gear and is doing higher dungeons with that class rather than the gearing up process? The game is end-game centric and gear is just a checkbox to mark if you want to experience that endgame.
    And this should be a compelling argument in favour of boosting?

    "I don't like a part of the game so i pay to skip it". At this point, they should give gear away for free because it's annoying to gear up a character, just log in, create a preset character with BiS gear, and go straight to +20s and Mythic raids.

    Sounds a really better game huh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And I think everyone is allowed to enjoy the game the way they like.
    Look above. You're literally telling the game is better if everyone just had the character selection screen filled with premade characters and just go in to do content.

    I think the issue is not really "gearing up is annoying", but "gearing up normally is annoying because there are a lot of bad players in low level dungeons that make me lose precious time and i don't want to put up with them, and just skip everything to the endgame".

    You know, his happens exactly because boosting is so normalized that most people do that, making the previous process worse for everyone, thus making boosting even more appealing - there's a loop in place very similar to the one that made Horde become the largely dominant faction.

    I agree with the part i quoted, but only if it doesn't disrupt the gameplay loop. And boosting basically does that.

    Honestly, there's an easy solution - specific servers where you have premade and already geared characters so people can just do what you said. I assume that would kill most of the other ones and basically the game but hey, that's exactly what you boosting guys want the game to be.

    EDIT: i find more annoying the fact i have to pump up an arbitrary score just to be able to queue into relatively low dungeons than to gear up - actually, gearing is wildly overrated for most of the content until you're planning to seriously push, so every advantage you can get is good.
    Yet, i have to suck it up and play by other players imposed rules (to the point Blizzard had to officially implement it) or - guess what - i can pay to get free score because that's how good players play.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-08-08 at 07:10 AM.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    And this should be a compelling argument in favour of boosting?

    "I don't like a part of the game so i pay to skip it". At this point, they should give gear away for free because it's annoying to gear up a character, just log in, create a preset character with BiS gear, and go straight to +20s and Mythic raids.

    Sounds a really better game huh.
    Especially for new players, yes, it does sound better. Between understanding personal time better or newer players simply not wanting to even touch WoW because of how complex and time-consuming it is, player figures will most likely grow faster if it was possible to skip the mandatory gear chores. The challenge of the game, and this is by blizzards design, is in the endgame pillars - Mythic raiding, high keys and high rated pvp. I am fairly sure a lot more ppl will be interested in those if they didnt have to spend months suffering.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You say it's easy, but some people are *REALLY* bad at the game.
    Noooo they are casuals, wink wink, who are endlessly asking for more "collect 10 creature legs" quests for their solo adventure. Yes they play 24/7 but they are "casual".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •