Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

    dont waste your money its so easy. stop support this shit.

    ok
    Some people may do it on alts to get access to the Mage Tower transmog color. If they are not a strong enough player on that class to carry their weight and they do not have guildies who will carry them, what other option do they have?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You say it's easy, but some people are *REALLY* bad at the game.
    Some? Most people are. I've almost given up on pugging, most people are just too bad at the game. Tried to pug some upper karazhan at +14 just to get some loot, they just couldn't understand the flame ring, they moved and wiped the group.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2022-08-09 at 02:53 PM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    If they are not a strong enough player on that class to carry their weight and they do not have guildies who will carry them, what other option do they have?
    To play another game as it's pretty clear it's not for them. I am fine seeing people playing Dark Souls with easy mode mods because their gameplay doesn't affect mine at all.

    But in a game like WoW, is has so many nasty side effects - people expecting or asking for absurd requirements to invite you, guilds having troubles finding people because boosting gives you access to stuff way faster and in an easier way, or people who should able to play properly actually not knowing how to play the game.

    It's fun, because a recurring reason for boosts being good is "i don't want to waste my time with bad players in low level stuff". And what's happening - said bad people are actually doing content well above their skill level making other players waste their time because they bough a free pass.

    What you're saying is that since they play the game, they should have what they want. They cannot get it through normal gameplay, so it's fine for them to bypass it by paying currency/money.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    If they dont want to get good then why care about the gear then? Its all irrelevent in 3-6 months anyway.

    I can see people desiring to be carried for mounts, but why bother with gear if you aren't capable of normally doing the content its meant for?

    I'll never understand paying monthly for a game, only to pay other people to give you a temprorary accomplishment
    some people like less than half the raids Blizz puts out. If the raid sucks, they quit and sit it out. if the raid is good, they try to rush to build a toon so its all about the gear again to clear the raid tier.

    as far as SL, I thought CN was ok and did that tier. the rest of the raids in SL are garbage and i quit once CN was old content.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    Simple answer is because m+ is awful content, but it is the only content that offers any character progression.
    I agree. Been playing since 06. M+ System should be more user friendly. 0-3 you should be able to Que without having to look/make a grp. The gear that drops should be upgradable to +15 etc. Let people who really want to social do that shit. I don’t communicate, rarely. So I play solo a lot. And I hate how I can’t gear up because I have to spend ages making a grp that just sucks. For people who really can’t do socializing online or in life.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Some? Most people are. I've almost given up on pugging, most people are just too bad at the game. Tried to pug some upper karazhan at +14 just to get some loot, they just couldn't understand the flame ring, they moved and wiped the group.
    Heh makes me laugh that people still fuck this up.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

    dont waste your money its so easy. stop support this shit.

    ok

    I stopped playing for 6+ months, came back paid about 1.5 mil and got carried through about 20x 15s and had all loot funneled to me from a group full of plate. The next day i was able to do 20s with my friends. Time is more valuable to me than money. Oh and also I was at work while i just accepted summons and gear trades. Hope this answers your question.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    im garbage at modern WoW lol, i struggle to do +10, shrug. I just cannot keep up healing. I legit do not understand how people heal this much spike damage.
    to be fair in +10 you most liekly heal much more then people do in 15-17. mostly because only bad players do those difficulties. good players instantly jumpto 13-15 keys each tier.


    i can imagine that keys like 10-12 are literal hell on earth now because people who were 275+ when season was ending are now like 280 + and are runing only 15+ .

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebro View Post
    I stopped playing for 6+ months, came back paid about 1.5 mil and got carried through about 20x 15s and had all loot funneled to me from a group full of plate. The next day i was able to do 20s with my friends. Time is more valuable to me than money. Oh and also I was at work while i just accepted summons and gear trades. Hope this answers your question.
    I wish more people understood this.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Why would anyone buy boosts when we know season 4 is the last season of Shadowlands and no new raid is being added this expansion. I am a mount collector and i will try to get the 2000 rating M+ mount. So far this week i have 1100 rating by doing 1 key at lvl 12 and the rest of the dungeons are at 10 while 4 of them being at 8.
    I will try to do next week aswell +9 - +10 keys for all dungeons and see where i end up with the rating. By farming all dungeons i will end up with some gear that can be upgraded with valor up to ilvl 298 or more. I will probably struggle for the last points and will have to do +14 keys or even 15 but by that time my ilvl will be way higher and the prices for +15 boosts will be greatly reduced.
    If you are buying +15 for gear just don't. Farm +8 +9,avoid last affix,get gear for all slots and upgrade them.You wont get top end ilvl gear but at this time of the expansion its just not worth it.
    Thing is 9s are actually tougher than 10s, or at least they have been most of this xpac. What is a 15% health/damage difference compared to things like getting your entire mana pool back and a damage buff over and over from a relic boss or ending the dungeon with +22% crit/haste/mastery from dreadlords.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  11. #131
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    32,268
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

    dont waste your money its so easy. stop support this shit.

    ok
    Not everyone is as patient or as awesome as you. Luckily the game makes it unlikely that you'll meet many like this. Lucky you.
    Two rules for living: "Don't go around hurting each other. Try to understand things." — William Least Heat-Moon (Blue Highways)

  12. #132
    I do 3-4 characters +15's per week, it's so easy. Mythic+ isnt even a real challenge until +18 and up imo
    People do this because: they stink, they are lazy, and don't really know how to enjoy a videogame.

    Very weak - I don't have time to play a game the way it's meant excuse etc... I certainly ask why you are even playing this game if you don't have the time? because you actually do have the time apparently but not until you are carried and geared up...lame
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2022-08-17 at 06:39 PM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    You get dopamine releases when you see your damage meter go high. So you pay more and more to get that feeling over and over. It's literally addiction.

    Your skills or reasonings have nothing to do with this - it's what's happening.
    I would love to have a true support class,a bard or something,but then i guessmy dopamine would rise when i see the people i buff do more dmg LOL,i asume we would have some addon that tracks the extra dmg they to because of the support buffs

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    tbf if you pay for boost doesnt mean you dont play, selfplay is a thing... what ill never get is piloted boost
    depends on the difficulty of the boost,if you wanna boost high 3v3 arena,how is a random scrub gonna selfplay? or in the case of old lvling boost,those people play 24/7 with shifts yo boost you quick

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    im garbage at modern WoW lol, i struggle to do +10, shrug. I just cannot keep up healing. I legit do not understand how people heal this much spike damage.
    i wouldnt say its your fault as much as the fact that the people who do +10 are either on the bad side or low gear side,they end up taking damage often,and a lot of it,i sometimes had to pug 15's because i was just raid logging,and they were almost always pretty easy,doing dmg interupting etc was usualy a bigger prio than needing to heal

    but whenever i tried doing low keys,even 5-7 on a low geared alt,it was a NIGHTMATE

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    I do 3-4 characters +15's per week, it's so easy. Mythic+ isnt even a real challenge until +18 and up imo
    People do this because: they stink, they are lazy, and don't really know how to enjoy a videogame.

    Very weak - I don't have time to play a game the way it's meant excuse etc... I certainly ask why you are even playing this game if you don't have the time? because you actually do have the time apparently but not until you are carried and geared up...lame
    Between this post and the people saying that 12 and below is nothing but no talent brain, dead scrubs are a big reason why people just buy the 15. Why deal with this shit when you can throw some gold at a group and be done with it?
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Between this post and the people saying that 12 and below is nothing but no talent brain, dead scrubs are a big reason why people just buy the 15. Why deal with this shit when you can throw some gold at a group and be done with it?
    People are still going to judge you anyway, especially if you buy a bunch of keys higher than your skill level then try to compete in those keys on your own after getting boosted. If you're buying boosts because you're afraid random strangers on the internet might think you suck at the game then... well, you're motivated by the wrong things in life. /shrug

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Plenty of boosters actually buy their boosts as well to speed up gearing for alts.

    I don't think SKILL is the main cause for boosting, it's time.

    This is very true. Plenty 3kio/CE people in my guild bought runs when they wanted to create new alts for season 4.

    Now we have all of these Gavel/Jaithys/OWS fury warriors running around with greens and 304s lol

  17. #137
    If it's to get into more +15's then maybe, but that just causes those people to become even more picky to try to filter you back out, that's just you making things worse for everyone instead of learning the game.

    If it's for the gear, then FOR WHAT? What do you intend to use that gear for?! +15's and raiding? You already saw that content when you bought it! If I wanted to watch someone else play the game for me I'd watch a livestream for free. Do you just go "welp, I just payed someone to do the entire game for me. Guess I'll just...afk in the capital cities and complain in trade chat about how boring the game is and when the next patch is coming."
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas will just give her own head to Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  18. #138
    Brewmaster Natta Lmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    bangkok thailand
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    The biggest factor in buying a +15 vs working a fresh key is TIME.

    for what amounts to 10 bucks (NA Realms are hovering around 200k for a Token) you can get a single +15 done with a guaranteed max ilvl piece in your vault.

    Or instead you can take your 2 and work it to a +15. 20-30 minutes at a time. assuming you can +3 it every time, its a minimum of 3 hours. And that's not including if you +2, +1, or fail it. Tank an elitist prick? -1 to your key cause you or another pug pulled an extra pack.

    As our Goblin buddies say, "Time is Money, Friend"

    - - - Updated - - -

    oh, and another point: You can *SAY* you worked a fresh key to +15, and got KSM... but there's no way to prove it one way or another. Fake it till you make it. While you're sitting in Oribos on your kinda ugly KSM mount, people will assume one way or the other.
    You don't even need to spend time to get a key to 15. I logged in on the first day of the patch and started doing +15 keys just by applying to them. Now I am trying to do +21-22 keys. The gear you had from previous season was very overkill for +15.

    I have not done a single key that is my own so far this season. ^^ Always someone else have the key.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    If we are really charitable with the amount of time it would take to go from no key, to having a 15, with no gear or score. Lets say each key, including forming a group, and always getting +3, takes 30 minutes.
    +0, +2, +5, +8, +11, +14, +15
    3½ hours of effort, at absolute minimum, and itll be way more than that. Plus youll likely be berated along the way for playing badly, being badly geared, etc.

    Versus paying for a 15. Which according to google is 100k, ive got no idea if thats a correct value though.


    Now personally, I dont see the point in playing a game you'd prefer to pay your way out of actually playing. But people do that, and as far as efficiency goes, their method makes more sense than actually playing the game, depressingly enough.
    totally agree with you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •