Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I got it within two resets (one for set of tyrannical +15 and the other for fortified). In my case, having good ilvl from PvP (basically full set of 270 items or something, with 4 set bonus) kinda carried me. I also think most people, even if they are pve players, recognise high arena ratings as a measure of skill so it was pretty easy for me to get into groups. First I made my own groups, but then I started to need specific dungeons and to my surprise I was invited to +15 pretty fast, even though my score was still low, so it must have been the gear (high ilvl with low m+ score must indicate either 2100+ PvP rating or mythic raiding so people were inviting me I guess).

However without PvP gear (or mythic raiding) I think it would be a much longer process, probably like 6 lockouts, or even more. I can see why someone would just throw some gold on boosters to make it faster, if they really wanted KSM. And if you do a lot of aide content, like WQs, callings, professions, old raids etc. then gold isn't really an issue.

Its a matter of perspective. Why would you stop at 15? Why not say the same for +20?
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

cause the content is meh but the FOMO on rewards is well, thus you get boosting. I'm curious to see what the new jelly cat thing will be selling for
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Frankly, unless you have a stable of friends, or you're some sort of person in love with abuse from strangers, it's better just not bother doing anything in this game (Frankly, better to just not sub to it unless you just really love doing the mundane things or, again, are a glutton for punishment). MMORPGs, and extra especially WoW, have hands down the worst sort of social Darwinism involved in how they function with group activities, and they bizarrely have a squadron of people right ready to defend it. There's so much with the genre that's just fundamentally broken on a social level, and WoW is the king of that.

Is it any wonder that the genre is basically dead? You can either A) play this game, then wait for people to let you do the content you want to do, with some of the most mundane gameplay on the planet or B) play something else online that just lets you fucking play.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    it's so easy to get it on your own
    A matter of opinion

dont waste your money
    What is or isn't a waste is also a matter of opinion
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I've seen boosters trade carries during down time though that is something different. I got out of the boosting game when they banned communities beyond mythic mount sales but usually boosted players came from BR servers.

Pay to win isnt frowned on as much there I would hazard a guess and say they made up around 70-80% of sales.

5+ Year Old Account
    it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

dont waste your money its so easy. stop support this shit.

ok
    Don't u mean they leave as soon as they see ur shitty leveling gear? Or as soon as they see ur low dps, they hearthstone out.

Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

I played like 4 or 5 Keys and had my 15+ with low rating. Not that hard. Don't forget high rating player will queue up for your group and basically carry you. Thats how I did it.
    Suuure they just stand in line to boost u with ur low rating..

If ur not paying them, why would they go out of their way to group with u?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-08-04 at 06:10 AM.

Can't be bothered to take the time to gear up. Challenges like the mage tower, torghast, death of chromie etc are better, where you can largely just go in with what you have and either overcome it with skill or not. Got no patience to repeat the same group content for weeks just to get the maths to decide you finally spent enough time on it to let you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    As simple as this. Because they can...
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Don't u mean they leave as soon as they see ur shitty leveling gear? Or as soon as they see ur low dps, they hearthstone out.

Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Suuure they just stand in line to boost u with ur low rating..

If ur not paying them, why would they go out of their way to group with u?
    For a while they will, doing +2's with a noobie with low rating, means guaranteed bonus valor and fast cosmic essence, and most overgeared peeps can stomp a +2. Later in the season ,you'll probably see less people doing this, given that they already have all their valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Don't use gold where you spend no time getting your 15

Instead spend all this time to get your 15

at yet, the question is "I don't get why"... It seems obvious to me.

Plenty of boosters actually buy their boosts as well to speed up gearing for alts.

I don't think SKILL is the main cause for boosting, it's time.
    This.
    Frankly i've regretted not buying boosts more often than buying them (and i've usually only bought them to get something i lacked the time for - like that heroic Archimonde mount when i started less than a month befire WoD's end).

You want boosting to end? Stop using gear as a timegate (or timegates to limit gear acquisition; let me gear my character to full a week if i so desire - and have the necessary skills).
    Don't want that? Expect the consequences then.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-08-04 at 06:32 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    I haf tons of alts, can't imagine paying someone 100k gold each time...that person only needs to do three +15s to be able to buy a token, that takes no time at all, that is overpriced af...should go down by at least half!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This.
    Frankly i've regretted not buying boosts more often than buying them (and i've usually only bought them to get something i lacked the time for - like that heroic Archimonde mount when i started less than a month befire WoD's end).

You want boosting to end? Stop using gear as a timegate (or timegates to limit gear acquisition; let me gear my character to full a week if i so desire - and have the necessary skills).
    Don't want that? Expect the consequences then.
    U want full 311 iLvl gear week one?...

Yeah, I can't tolerate guild m+ for extended periods of time, and here you are suggesting to do it with randoms, building your keys slowly. Great idea. /s

dont waste your money its so easy.
    Telling people what they should do or not do with their money seems like hill not worth dying on.

it's so easy to get it on your own, even with a brand new alt. just do a mythic zero, queue up with your +2 build your own group - its no big deal to beat the timer until +10 even with shit gear. if you get your +15 wait until the god pumper queue for their 278 weekly, invite them and get carried.

ok
    I rather waste money than time.

Do M+ from +2 is a waste of time when you can just jump straight into +15’s and have all slots in vault filled within a few hrs.

- - - Updated - - -

U want full 311 iLvl gear week one?...
    That would be ideal, Yes, But it’s not really happening.

40-60 days ago i geared a few characters through M+ boosts.

After going through the 10 needed for points in the week i ended up with somewhere around 262-266 depending on loot luck.

Now i’d prefer to simply just buy a full set of M+15 gear from blizz store instead of sitting through 10 +15’s, But i doubt that is happening.

When i was buying it was like 2 and a half +15 per WoW token and please don’t act like 80 Euro is ”A lot”, That’s a lot cheaper than most games i’ve bought stuff in.
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2022-08-04 at 08:20 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

ok
    I dont do this personally, but I can imagine a scenario where it'd be tempting.

Remember, most people are not you. They have different goals in the game and want different things. You find 15's super easy and barely worth mentioning. I find them semi-challenging as I am not in a super active mythic+ guild, nor do I have time to dedicate to becoming super elite pro or anything. I like the challenge of m15's just fine. They are not super hard perhaps, but not super easy either. I recently returned after a break and had a hell of a time getting ksm within a timespan of 3 weeks before start of s4. It wasnt easy at all, for me personally, due to the short amount of time I had and the fact I needed to pug most of it. But it was fun.

Some people find it super hard. Or they dont have time to dedicate to running multiple keys to get to a certain place. Maybe they want the ksm mount but only have an hour a day to play, but they do have a job so they leverage their income from the real-world to get something they want in-game. Personally, while the constant ads annoy me, I have no problem with it. Its spent time in one area of your life used to gain something in another. Instead of grinding for hours on end pugging their way to doing 15's at a steady pace they might jus spend a couple of hours at work and then use that money to get ksm in a short amount of time.

While I personally do not approve of the practice, since I do believe that m+'s and other content in-game should be experienced. But I do understand why people buy these things.

I'm genuinely undergeared most of the time, and setting up M+ groups is a hassle due to it. If I have the option to blow 100k on a boost, I totally would. I get gear and someone gets paid for their services. I don't see a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I'm genuinely undergeared most of the time, and setting up M+ groups is a hassle due to it. If I have the option to blow 100k on a boost, I totally would. I get gear and someone gets paid for their services. I don't see a problem here.
    It can suck if you are new or late. You have to build your own key without a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It can suck if you are new or late. You have to build your own key without a carry.
    Took time off WoW and just now coming back. Guild dead, expansion done, story content and dailies all grinded and left me lacking in the gear department once it was all over and done with. There's only so much left I can do as far as progression goes, but at the same time I'm playing on a limited amount of time here. Work and life keeps me busy for most of it, what free time I have I spent trying to get geared in WoW. Since M+ is my only option aside from raiding, then this is the best option I can hope for.

I haf tons of alts, can't imagine paying someone 100k gold each time...that person only needs to do three +15s to be able to buy a token, that takes no time at all, that is overpriced af...should go down by at least half!
    I may be mistaken, but I think if you buy a boost there'll be four people there to help boost you. So out of the 100k each gets 25k. Currently in my realm tokens are at 350k-ish, so it'd take a booster 14 boosts to afford a token. Is my math wrong?