Poll: Best Dungeons have...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I enjoyed MoP the least out of all. It made me loathe adds and DPS as a role.

i think its unfair to put it into single pool, should be more like 3 categories due to fundamental changes:
    1. vanila - category on its own, is it necessary to elaborate why?
    2. "before m+" - tbc till wod, smaller dungeons, mostly irrelevant after 1-2 weeks
    3. "after m+" - legion onwards, still mostly small dungeons, relevant all expansion due to M+, and 1 megadungeon

then imo it would be vanila(duh), wrath (mostly due to LK slow walk ), and i guess weirdly enough SL - 3rd category would be hard choice, legion is a bit ahead in "normal" dungeons and all megadungeons are amazing but tazavesh is just way too cool to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It has to be TBC and Cata´s first week, before the uncalled for nerfs.

All the others are meaningless when you can just aoe it all for the most part :/
    This really. Was tons of fun actually having to put an effort in to get by.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yes, but there was almost none, if you dont consider that a HUUUUGE problem i dont know what to say... hell SL, which was done amidst pandemic and other shit including the sex scandal and whatnot had more content than wod... and hell, BETTER, ZM is bigger better hellfire from wod basicaly
    as for BFA, literaly nazjatar patch or even nzoth patcha had pretty much the same quality and MORE CONTENT than whole of wod (after expansion release ofc) so it should obviously be higher rated...

selfie-camera as patch feature, and pretty much ONLY feature of the MAJOR patch, is there need to say more?

as for dungeons, WOD had few good dungeons, but thats about it, pretty much only train had something "new", something interesting, others were the same old, though some were aestheticaly great, but pretty much dead after first week (until heirloom trinkets)
    in BFA, on top of m+ so dungeons being relevant much more, some had amazing atmospehere and at least some basic cool mechanics (doors in waycrest, making you alter your route), and then ofc mechagon was amazing, so many cool bosses and the place looked awesome
    Personally, I don't think WoD is fair game because it's painfully evident that they abandoned development halfway through it to refocus their efforts on the next expansion. Seeing the massive Q1 sub loss after its launch likely gave Blizzard the biggest wake up call they'd ever received, the fruits of that labor being Legion.

Admittedly, I may be a bit biased as I consider WoD my favorite expansion due to the quality raiding but I still think the expansion gets a lot of flak when its biggest issue isn't the content itself but the fact that they literally gave up on it before it got a chance to come into its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I really enjoyed the Cata dungeons at release, pre-nerf.
    Cata heroics before outgearing them and before the nerfs were awesome, probably my favorite time playing wow. Heroics now feel like the same difficulty as normal and i suppose the difficulty is in M+ these days, but having hard mode progression for normies was awesome.

Definitely the most memorable dungeons for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I think I enjoyed MoP the least out of all. It made me loathe adds and DPS as a role.
    I hated MoP dungeons with a passion and avoid leveling there at all costs. the stupid dialogue with stupid pandas ughghghhg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    This really. Was tons of fun actually having to put an effort in to get by.
    Cata was the only time i think my groups ever coordinated CC. Dungeons arent fun unless there is atleast one wipe XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm dungeons were awesome IMO. Classic dungeons have their own unique charm though because they are just that: dungeons! Uncharted, long and often confusing places where you might end up spending many hours.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yes, but there was almost none, if you dont consider that a HUUUUGE problem i dont know what to say... hell SL, which was done amidst pandemic and other shit including the sex scandal and whatnot had more content than wod... and hell, BETTER, ZM is bigger better hellfire from wod basicaly
    as for BFA, literaly nazjatar patch or even nzoth patcha had pretty much the same quality and MORE CONTENT than whole of wod (after expansion release ofc) so it should obviously be higher rated...

selfie-camera as patch feature, and pretty much ONLY feature of the MAJOR patch, is there need to say more?

as for dungeons, WOD had few good dungeons, but thats about it, pretty much only train had something "new", something interesting, others were the same old, though some were aestheticaly great, but pretty much dead after first week (until heirloom trinkets)
    in BFA, on top of m+ so dungeons being relevant much more, some had amazing atmospehere and at least some basic cool mechanics (doors in waycrest, making you alter your route), and then ofc mechagon was amazing, so many cool bosses and the place looked awesome
    My point is that WoD had fun gameplay/class design and the content that was there was good. BfA had more content but it sucked. The new borrowed power shit every patch was awful. The class design was poor compared to what came before. The PvP was a dumpster fire. BfA and SL are the first expansions that I've just stopped playing for months at a time. At least in WoD I could gear up alts enjoying the good class design and good PvP. I don't rate WoD as one of my top expansions by any means, but BfA was, imo, the worst expansion by a mile because the game itself became less fun.

Would say cata myself. When it comes to varied boss mechanics it still has most beat with maybe legion being the exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC with MGT was extremely fun back in the days!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

7+ Year Old Account
    After some hesitation, I'm going to go with BFA. Even though a lot of the dungeons have some seriously annoying pulls, I really love the diversity, aesthetic, and how adventurous they all were. Also BFA introduced Mechagon, the greatest dungeon in the whole game. So... y'know.

Second place I'd put Wrath. Maybe it's nostalgia, but they are straightforward with compelling stories, and they tried some interesting things.

I also think MoP dungeons are fun and I loved Challenge Modes, but aesthetically they're kinda fuckin goofy as hell. I wish the dungeon storylines brought carried some of the weight that the quests and raids did.

In terms of dungeon design, WoD by miles. In terms of enjoyment and difficulty (im ignoring Mythic +) Cata pre-nerf.

Cata, seriously?
    I mean i considered TBC, WotLK, Legion and even BfA all as serious contenders, but when thinking of what i would rate worst it starts with Cata.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Interesting that the general consensus in the WoW community seems to be that Cataclysm sucked, yet here it sits at the top of this poll. Personally, I loved Cata for the most part. I actually really liked WoD too, until I ran out of things to do. For my favorite dungeons, it's a toss-up between Cata, Legion, and WoD for me. I like WotLK too except they are braindead easy.

By the way, anyone who chooses MoP for this is clinically insane. Maybe they got ooked in the dooker too many times.
    The people who hated the Cata dungeons aren't here...Really the problem with the Cata dungeons were less the difficulty and more the difficulty with Dungeon Finder which was a great tool in Wrath when most dungeons just kinda fell over but just didn't really work when you need the slightest bit of coordination/

On Topic
    Classic's nostalgic but cant really say they were that impressive in future me's eyes.
    BC neat at first wore out the welcome real quick
    Wrath: Great for alts but made dungeons a chore
    Cata: definitely some of the most fun..but a lot of that was because I had a group of friends to do them with I would of HATED pugging them
    Mists: Might as well of not been there...
    WoD: Defintitely pretty interesting as far as mechanics go but like Mists they might as well of not been there
    Legion: Oh good they figured out how to make dungeons last longer than 5 minutes after hitting max level! nothing too memorable though.
    BFA: Barely did any of them
    Shadowlands: Barely did any of them

So gonna go ahead and let Nostalgia win and say Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    Wrath. Especially the incredible three that came with ICC.
    this... Wrath only had one bad dungeon really.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'll add this. BRD and Maraudon could have easily been underground zones.
    Also UBRS/LBRS

Best thing about the poll are MoP and SL ranking as the worst. Never liked their dungeons, the best ones from MoP are actually SM and Scholo which were both revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this... Wrath only had one bad dungeon really.
    oculus
    halls of stone
    pit of saron
    halls of reflection
    trial of the champion
    culling of stratholme

That's a lot more than one

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    oculus
    halls of stone
    pit of saron
    halls of reflection
    trial of the champion
    culling of stratholme

That's a lot more than one
    But only Oculus was bad imo
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Cata pre nerf... after the nerf they were laughable.
    Otherwise MoP followed by Legion.

Wotlk was good for its time but... a bit boring if am being honest. Only reason i liked them back then was because of the achivment runs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cata pre-nerf was really entertaining, but blizz being blizz they didn't see that they had hit the mark and dumbed down. Other noteworthy expansions would be WotLK, TBC and Legion, all of these had great thematic dungeons or cool to play around in. Vanilla should be in it's own category, many greater dungeons that were too god for us. I'd count WoD and sandly MoP as the worst in terms of dungeons, too few or had badly designed dungeons. The other expansions (bfa/shadowlands) are also a bit in their own category with M+ as I don't really like this system.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn