Thread: Shower Thoughts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because you're taking how we treat animals and the work animals get with what humanoid races can do. Horses don't do the same work and go through the same exertions that people do. "Horses can carry a human in full plate armor with no problem!" Great! We're not talking about horses. I don't care about how much they can or cannot carry.
    I thought we weren't talking about animals? Funny how you go back to using that argument when it suits you.

    Are welding masks "just a god damned fucking convenience"?
    Are hard hats "just a god damned fucking convenience"?
    Are seat belts "just a god damned fucking convenience"?
    Are bike helmets "just a god damned fucking convenience"?
    Is everything "just a god damned fucking convenience"?
    Yes! You can most certainly fucking weld without a mask.
    Yes! You can most definitely build something without a hard hat.
    Yes! Seat belts weren't even fucking invented until decades after cars were.
    Yes! You can most definitely ride a bike without a god damned fucking helmet.
    Pretty much! Most technology is a convenience.

    Wait, are you a creationist or something, and believe man was put on this earth by a creator, complete with all modern technology or something? Is that how you think evolution worked? Or worse, one of those spoiled twits who are all "but mooooooom, I'll totally die if you take away my phone, it's a necessity for survival, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"?

    Also, it's funny how you keep ignoring the point about people who, today, don't wear shoes and function just fine, like the yet again aforementioned Zimbabwe tribe. Or just random Joes and hippie-types who don't like shoes.

    Don't bother fucking replying if you're going to ignore it again. (Which means, don't bother fucking replying at all, since everyone knows you will.)
    Last edited by Rocksteady 87; 2022-08-07 at 09:48 PM.

  2. #82
    This thread is now two people arguing VERY aggressively about ... abortion? naa. Inflation? Naa. Something that matters? Naa. Horseshoes and hooves. fun...

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And how does that mean humanoids WOULD need shoes for their hooves simply because of abrasive wear, when that's not true for ANY hoof we know?
    I've already explained that several times over, and yet you keep ignoring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm talking about humanoids such as tauren and draenei, who stand on two legs, who put a lot of exertion on their hooves as they fight against powerful enemies, as they do some serious heavy lifting, as they trudge or run through rough terrain, etc. All stuff that puts serious strain on the hooves and could damage them to the point of leaving them crippled.

    How do you know this is how it works, when literally every example we have in the real world says it doesn't work like that?
    Because "literally every example we have in the real world" doesn't fit the kind of stuff draenei and tauren do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    I thought we weren't talking about animals? Funny how you go back to using that argument when it suits you.
    It's amusing how you accuse me of "not knowing how to read english" yet you partake in the same 'mistake'. The quote of mine you responded to literally has me saying I don't care about talking about animals, which the other poster kept bringing up.

    Yes! You can most certainly fucking weld without a mask.
    Yes! You can most definitely build something without a hard hat.
    Yes! Seat belts weren't even fucking invented until decades after cars were.
    Yes! You can most definitely ride a bike without a god damned fucking helmet.
    Pretty much! Most technology is a convenience.
    Ah, okay. So you have a skewed definition of "convenience". Nothing is necessary, everything is convenience.

    Don't bother fucking replying if you're going to ignore it again.
    And you also seem to have a skewed definition of "ignore" considering I addressed your points. Good bye.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87
    Also, it's funny how you keep ignoring the point about people who, today, don't wear shoes and function just fine, like the yet again aforementioned Zimbabwe tribe. Or just random Joes and hippie-types who don't like shoes.

    Don't bother fucking replying if you're going to ignore it again. (Which means, don't bother fucking replying at all, since everyone knows you will.)
    And you also seem to have a skewed definition of "ignore" considering I addressed your points. Good bye.
    And you ignored it for the fourth time.

    Fascinating how certain people's brains work. Or don't, as the case may be.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    And you ignored it for the fourth time.
    Speaking of "ignoring". Like I said, I already addressed your points. Seems you ignored it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And now you're engaging in a bait-and-switch fallacy. Because those "millions upon millions of different species that evolved without needing shoes" are just animals. All your examples are bogus because the races we're talking about are not tribal like your examples. Tauren walk around on heavy armor. Heavy plate armor. Carrying huge weapons. And some even carry huge frigging totems on their backs. And those Zimbabwe dudes don't do that.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I've already explained that several times over, and yet you keep ignoring it.
    That's because you didn't EXPLAIN it, you just said "this is how I claim it works, despite the fact that any hoof we know on earth DOESN'T work like that".

    Which is fine. If you just want to make shit up as you please, you can. You just need to admit as much is all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because "literally every example we have in the real world" doesn't fit the kind of stuff draenei and tauren do.
    ...because you say so? Again - it's fine to just be making shit up if that's what you want, but then be honest about it.

    Nothing about real-world hooves works anything like you're describing, so unless you have an actual foundation for all your claims... you're just making shit up. Period.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Speaking of "ignoring". Like I said, I already addressed your points. Seems you ignored it:
    Yeah, sorry, but that wasn't you addressing it. It was you making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact. Which is all you seem capable of doing.

    Because, you know, the Vadoma sure as shit don't go doing heavy labor without shoes on (or hard hats, you'll noticee; those things that apparently are a NECESSITY OMFG!!!!!!!!). Nope, all the work they do, day in day out, and all those long treks they make while carrying heavy loads just don't exist. Cause they all died or are crippled or whatever stupidity you continue to believe about the concept.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Yeah, sorry, but that wasn't you addressing it. It was you making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact. Which is all you seem capable of doing.
    Yeah, because that totally looks way, way heavier than wearing full plate and a heavy weapon as well as whatever adventuring gear one normally carries while actually running-- not walking, running-- through rough terrain, as well as constantly grinding the hooves against the ground while engaged in melee combat with an opponent while still carrying the aforementioned weight..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    ...because you say so?
    Feel free to give examples of horses doing the same kind of activities tauren and draenei adventurers do, if you're so inclined in using animals as examples.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, because that totally looks way, way heavier than wearing full plate and a heavy weapon as well as whatever adventuring gear one normally carries while actually running-- not walking, running-- through rough terrain, as well as constantly grinding the hooves against the ground while engaged in melee combat with an opponent while still carrying the aforementioned weight..
    Oh, you mean that 'heavy' armor that's incredibly well designed, well distributed, and even a puny human like you could wear with nary a problem? That 'heavy' armor? And all 5-10 lbs. of a typical zweihander? Oh noes, not five or ten pounds. That'll break your feet/hooves for sure!

    You really are an incredibly ignorant person.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Feel free to give examples of horses doing the same kind of activities tauren and draenei adventurers do, if you're so inclined in using animals as examples.
    Even under the most strenuous loads, horses (and other hoofed animals) are not shoed because of abrasion - they're shoed to prevent often catastrophic injuries to the hoof, such as splitting or tearing. Because THAT is what happens when you work them very hard for very long, NOT abrasion.

    Explain why working Tauren or Draenei for very hard and very long would be different from this, and HOW YOU KNOW THAT.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    Oh, you mean that 'heavy' armor that's incredibly well designed, well distributed, and even a puny human like you could wear with nary a problem? That 'heavy' armor?
    Spoken like someone who hasn't given a single look at the plate armor in WoW whatsoever.

    And all 5-10 lbs. of a typical zweihander? Oh noes, not five or ten pounds. That'll break your feet/hooves for sure!
    Yeah, these totally would weight '5-10 lbs':

    I'm done with you. Good bye.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Even under the most strenuous loads, horses (and other hoofed animals) are not shoed because of abrasion - they're shoed to prevent often catastrophic injuries to the hoof, such as splitting or tearing. Because THAT is what happens when you work them very hard for very long, NOT abrasion.

    Explain why working Tauren or Draenei for very hard and very long would be different from this, and HOW YOU KNOW THAT.
    In other words, you couldn't find a single example that equates to the kind of stuff tauren and draenei do? Alright. We're done, then.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Spoken like someone who hasn't given a single look at the plate armor in WoW whatsoever.

    Yeah, these totally would weight '5-10 lbs':
    snip
    I'm going to eat some popcorn and wait to see how long it takes you to realize you posted two images of women, one a human and one an elf, holding those weapons and decked out in that armor with zero problems whatsoever.

    Something tells me it didn't even dawn on you what you did.

    (To be fair, not that it really matters. Even a wee little gnome can do it without a problem, and everyone can carry literally tons upon tons of gold, thorium, and other heavy metals without showing so much as a sign of fatigue in this game. But who's counting, right?)

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In other words, you couldn't find a single example that equates to the kind of stuff tauren and draenei do? Alright. We're done, then.
    So you're refusing to explain?

    As I said, making shit up is fine - just admit that's what you're doing. Which clearly seems to be the case, as you're stubbornly refusing to present any proof, dancing around it and avoiding a clear answer.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    I'm going to eat some popcorn and wait to see how long it takes you to realize you posted two images of women, one a human and one an elf, holding those weapons and decked out in that armor with zero problems whatsoever.
    So your claim gets countered, and now are trying to dodge. Okay, we're done, then.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So your claim gets countered, and now are trying to dodge. Okay, we're done, then.


    Just going to leave that there. That little girl gnome in full WoW plate wielding a ridiculously oversized WoW greatsword in bare feet.

    Yep.

    Just going to leave that there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •