Thread: Shower Thoughts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    And you ignored it for the fourth time.
    Speaking of "ignoring". Like I said, I already addressed your points. Seems you ignored it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And now you're engaging in a bait-and-switch fallacy. Because those "millions upon millions of different species that evolved without needing shoes" are just animals. All your examples are bogus because the races we're talking about are not tribal like your examples. Tauren walk around on heavy armor. Heavy plate armor. Carrying huge weapons. And some even carry huge frigging totems on their backs. And those Zimbabwe dudes don't do that.

I've already explained that several times over, and yet you keep ignoring it.
    That's because you didn't EXPLAIN it, you just said "this is how I claim it works, despite the fact that any hoof we know on earth DOESN'T work like that".

Which is fine. If you just want to make shit up as you please, you can. You just need to admit as much is all.

Because "literally every example we have in the real world" doesn't fit the kind of stuff draenei and tauren do.
    ...because you say so? Again - it's fine to just be making shit up if that's what you want, but then be honest about it.

Nothing about real-world hooves works anything like you're describing, so unless you have an actual foundation for all your claims... you're just making shit up. Period.

Speaking of "ignoring". Like I said, I already addressed your points. Seems you ignored it:
    Yeah, sorry, but that wasn't you addressing it. It was you making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact. Which is all you seem capable of doing.

Because, you know, the Vadoma sure as shit don't go doing heavy labor without shoes on (or hard hats, you'll noticee; those things that apparently are a NECESSITY OMFG!!!!!!!!). Nope, all the work they do, day in day out, and all those long treks they make while carrying heavy loads just don't exist. Cause they all died or are crippled or whatever stupidity you continue to believe about the concept.

Yeah, sorry, but that wasn't you addressing it. It was you making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact. Which is all you seem capable of doing.
    Yeah, because that totally looks way, way heavier than wearing full plate and a heavy weapon as well as whatever adventuring gear one normally carries while actually running-- not walking, running-- through rough terrain, as well as constantly grinding the hooves against the ground while engaged in melee combat with an opponent while still carrying the aforementioned weight..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    ...because you say so?
    Feel free to give examples of horses doing the same kind of activities tauren and draenei adventurers do, if you're so inclined in using animals as examples.

Yeah, because that totally looks way, way heavier than wearing full plate and a heavy weapon as well as whatever adventuring gear one normally carries while actually running-- not walking, running-- through rough terrain, as well as constantly grinding the hooves against the ground while engaged in melee combat with an opponent while still carrying the aforementioned weight..
    Oh, you mean that 'heavy' armor that's incredibly well designed, well distributed, and even a puny human like you could wear with nary a problem? That 'heavy' armor? And all 5-10 lbs. of a typical zweihander? Oh noes, not five or ten pounds. That'll break your feet/hooves for sure!

You really are an incredibly ignorant person.

Feel free to give examples of horses doing the same kind of activities tauren and draenei adventurers do, if you're so inclined in using animals as examples.
    Even under the most strenuous loads, horses (and other hoofed animals) are not shoed because of abrasion - they're shoed to prevent often catastrophic injuries to the hoof, such as splitting or tearing. Because THAT is what happens when you work them very hard for very long, NOT abrasion.

Explain why working Tauren or Draenei for very hard and very long would be different from this, and HOW YOU KNOW THAT.

Oh, you mean that 'heavy' armor that's incredibly well designed, well distributed, and even a puny human like you could wear with nary a problem? That 'heavy' armor?
    Spoken like someone who hasn't given a single look at the plate armor in WoW whatsoever.

And all 5-10 lbs. of a typical zweihander? Oh noes, not five or ten pounds. That'll break your feet/hooves for sure!
    Yeah, these totally would weight '5-10 lbs':

I'm done with you. Good bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Even under the most strenuous loads, horses (and other hoofed animals) are not shoed because of abrasion - they're shoed to prevent often catastrophic injuries to the hoof, such as splitting or tearing. Because THAT is what happens when you work them very hard for very long, NOT abrasion.

Explain why working Tauren or Draenei for very hard and very long would be different from this, and HOW YOU KNOW THAT.
    In other words, you couldn't find a single example that equates to the kind of stuff tauren and draenei do? Alright. We're done, then.

Spoken like someone who hasn't given a single look at the plate armor in WoW whatsoever.

Yeah, these totally would weight '5-10 lbs':
    snip
    I'm going to eat some popcorn and wait to see how long it takes you to realize you posted two images of women, one a human and one an elf, holding those weapons and decked out in that armor with zero problems whatsoever.

Something tells me it didn't even dawn on you what you did.

(To be fair, not that it really matters. Even a wee little gnome can do it without a problem, and everyone can carry literally tons upon tons of gold, thorium, and other heavy metals without showing so much as a sign of fatigue in this game. But who's counting, right?)

In other words, you couldn't find a single example that equates to the kind of stuff tauren and draenei do? Alright. We're done, then.
    So you're refusing to explain?

As I said, making shit up is fine - just admit that's what you're doing. Which clearly seems to be the case, as you're stubbornly refusing to present any proof, dancing around it and avoiding a clear answer.

I'm going to eat some popcorn and wait to see how long it takes you to realize you posted two images of women, one a human and one an elf, holding those weapons and decked out in that armor with zero problems whatsoever.
    So your claim gets countered, and now are trying to dodge. Okay, we're done, then.

So your claim gets countered, and now are trying to dodge. Okay, we're done, then.

Just going to leave that there. That little girl gnome in full WoW plate wielding a ridiculously oversized WoW greatsword in bare feet.

Yep.

Just going to leave that there.

Yes, all of this was brought up (numerous times) earlier in the conversation.
    Followed your chain up and didn't see it covered so I figured I'd chime in.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Shower thoughts:
    GLOCK DOOKIE!

My mind is shattered! I will never be the same!.....glock dookie