Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Prot Warrior Dragonflight Talent Tree

Prot Warrior Talent Tree is now out for alpha. Seems like you can get everything and then some. Also, stances are back

Here is my first impression of the tree.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...FElRQFUoVRQCEQ

I'm a lil confused, is Thunder Clap a rage generator or spender?

This isn't in the calculator, but it looks like its meant to generate 5 rage as protection instead of costing 25.

NEW Thunder Clap Prot Hidden Reduce the rage cost of Thunder Clap by 250 and Thunder Clap generates 50 rage.

Seems to be a rage generator, anyway the use of it would be spreading Rend on AoE situations so u can benefit from both healing from 15% passive leech and Bloodsurge (Every bleed tick may generate 5 rage)
    Prot seems very broken for the 1st time in a while tho
    Last edited by Tella; 2022-08-03 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Misspelling

I love the fact i can extend my Shield Block, despite it not existing on the tree.

Obviously its placeholder things since Pummel and Shield Block aint even there.

And some very weird choices, Intervene with Second Wind, wat?

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I love the fact i can extend my Shield Block, despite it not existing on the tree.

Obviously its placeholder things since Pummel and Shield Block aint even there.
    That is because shield block and pummel are baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    That is because shield block and pummel are baseline.
    So i guess every other class gets them as talents, and Warrior is privileged to not waste talents? Dude..

So i guess every other class gets them as talents, and Warrior is privileged to not waste talents? Dude..
    Not all classes have to talent into an interupt. Only a few.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Callsignecho View Post
    Prot Warrior Talent Tree is now out for alpha. Seems like you can get everything and then some. Also, stances are back

Here is my first impression of the tree.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...FElRQFUoVRQCEQ
    I wouldn't pass up on the 5% leech.

Warriors specialize in hitting things, so pummeling only comes natural obviously.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2022-08-03 at 09:10 AM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the new trees. 10% leech looks like a lot for one talent.
    Hard to decide some talents at the moment. Berserker shout sounds cool for dungeons with mass fear but pretty useless for most other.
    So there will be a lot of switching per instance.

I love the fact i can extend my Shield Block
    After seeing the talents I'm sure if you're good enough you can have a 100% uptime on Shield Block and Ignore Pain, most prolly getting nerfed pre-release

Even if i don't play the game anymore, I couldn't help but looking into my old favorite class and seeing how it's doing with the new talents and I gotta say, I'm a little surprised by some of the choices here. A lot of it is the same, to be sure, but there's some interesting things that will give Warriors a lot of their own passive healing just from doing regular stuff. Not enough to step onto Blood DK's toes, but just enough to allow them to do their own things.

Curious, since I've been out of the loop for so long, is Blood and Thunder a new thing or something that was on a Legendary or something? I really like the idea of making everyone bleed just because I thunderstomped the group, something I was going to do anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    Curious, since I've been out of the loop for so long, is Blood and Thunder a new thing or something that was on a Legendary or something? I really like the idea of making everyone bleed just because I thunderstomped the group, something I was going to do anyway.
    It's new as far as I can see it. The only one with rend is arms and arms does not have thunderclap (currently and the distant past since Legion at least)

Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    since I've been out of the loop for so long, is Blood and Thunder a new thing or something that was on a Legendary or something? I really like the idea of making everyone bleed just because I thunderstomped the group, something I was going to do anyway.
    It was a passive Arms and Prot warriors had back in MoP, now it will do better because of the new passives affecting bleed effects and triggered by their DoT
    I insist, warrior seems to be very broken in both Prot and Arms spec, fury will fall behind tho

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    I wouldn't pass up on the 5% leech.
    I think it is worth passing up the 5% leech. There is already going to be a ton of healing coming from the Bloodborne/Fueled By Violence combo in the Prot tree, Indomitable and Battle Scared Veteran at the bottom of the Prot tree, taking Impending Victory, Second Wind, Pain and Gain and Bitter Immunity in the Class tree, and I'm not interested in wasting a talent point on a stance that I will never use for 5% leech, nor do I entertain the idea of stance dancing coming back, nor does that 5% leech mean as much compared to everything else there is.

Slightly updated talent tree based on playing around with it a little bit.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...FEVRRFUoVRQCAQ

"Second wind" and "Pain and gain" are both bad asf + you need to gather as much Leech as you can for AoE situations, where your dmg (because of armor increasing STR) is insane

Quote Originally Posted by Tella View Post
    After seeing the talents I'm sure if you're good enough you can have a 100% uptime on Shield Block and Ignore Pain, most prolly getting nerfed pre-release
    The fact that Heavy Repreccusions this talent exists add 30% haste, and Bolster is all split up, you can do wonders ye, now if the Shield Charge talent, adds duration and isnt an extra buff, we are talking a couple extra seconds from that also, fun shit.

Here's what I'm looking at - https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...VFlEUFVaFAQCAQ

Maximising shield slam/shield block uptime and power. Nice consistent mitigation and damage output I think.

Curious about the Fury tree.

Is it actually legitimately possible to just take absolutely no Rage spenders?

One gripe I do actually have with Fury is that Titan's Grip is a pre-req for a talent that only increases damage to Raging Blow. On the other side of things, SMF is only a pre-req for a talent that increases auto attack damage with one handed weapons so instantly nullifying a Titan's Grip player from feeling like they should take it at all.

Maybe the talent after Titan's Grip should incorporate 2 handed weaponry instead of being a generic Raging Blow increase, or they should open up another node to it so you don't need to take Titan's Grip.

yeah thats what i said when rogue got their kick baseline too, but it is what it is