Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...FFBUVVqFAQDAEA

So this is something I just clicked without much of thinking

Basically you pop shield block, shield slam the fuck out of your target, get massive shield block uptime and shield block value, dump the rage into IP/Revenge and get all the heals

Also you make everything bleed.

and then if there was a single idea of you dying, you have stupid amount of def CDs...

Shield wall, Last stand and demo shout like usually

Bitter immunity for 20% heal

Die by the Sword because prot was really weak against melee attacks (also Second wind kicks in during this time)

Battle scared veteran (75% reduction + 75% healing under 35% HP... Like you can fall so low anyways) because why not?

All the strangth and armor increasing talents so you can laugh how paper all the other tanks are

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...QUBFRVVqFEQCVE

this is some dual wield stupidity I came out with.

Probably just some low keys fun spec. pump some damage and convert rage to IP

It probably won't work at all tho
    Last edited by Zendhal The Black; 2022-08-04 at 10:37 AM.

I love the idea of dual wield tanking, it may work for low lvl keys
    The idea would be having ignore pain up and extend its duration by dealing dmg, which would help with self healing aswell via leech
    Made a build that uses Devastator so it procs from your both swings
    Also having a slow wep on main hand and a dagger on the off hand would be a good idea for a Devastator build

(Can't link the build bc my acc is new)

5+ Year Old Account
    Devastator is kinda useless for DW build because you can't use shield slam anyways (can't use it without shield) or maybe it's changed in alpha IDK

Dual wield tanking would be great. I would love to see how it works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Devastator is kinda useless for DW build because you can't use shield slam anyways (can't use it without shield) or maybe it's changed in alpha IDK
    Not entirely, it gives +22%atp to those auto swings but it's marginal

There's no need to spam abilities in every GCD and wearing a fast dagger in the offhand would make it proc faster, I don't see why would it be bad

5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...FUFQUFVqRQQCBA

Prot pvp... 3x stun, self heals, defensive AF shitload of mobility, reflecting and blocking spells.... This is gonna be most hated spec in PVP

Hmm, what about attaching the Threat increase for prot to defense stance? That is, switching to battle stance, for example, would remove the % incease in threat?
    Created on the 25th April 2005.
    Protection Warrior since the old days of UBRS.

P.S. Make a part of your warrior community happy and bring Gladiator Stance back...

10+ Year Old Account
    I...love the current setup. Both my legendaries are on it. So are my favorite conduits.

There is one flaw in the diamond, however:

That entire row, all the way across, is nothing but basic boring stats. Str, Stam, Crit, Haste, Armor. To me, that says "warrior baseline stats are too low" and, well, maybe fix that? No other tank has that issue. Bear druids get one talent that's a stat boost with no other effect, that's it.

It's boring and stinks of low effort. But it's the only thing I really don't like. I don't care for cole slaw, but if the best pulled pork and ribs came with it, I'd still order.

You guys are really underestimating how amazing it is to add sudden death to the prot tool kit

5+ Year Old Account
    If execute had the same functionality as Condemn, it would be considerable. It current state it's just a DPS boost rage dump that competes with revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That entire row, all the way across, is nothing but basic boring stats. Str, Stam, Crit, Haste, Armor. To me, that says "warrior baseline stats are too low" and, well, maybe fix that? No other tank has that issue. Bear druids get one talent that's a stat boost with no other effect, that's it.
    I think it is something that everyone will have to live with over time. I can only imagine next expansion when they go to add to these trees, it will just be a bunch of stats in a row to get to an ability that was in a previous expansion in a row below it. More stats in a tree means they just don't have enough to put into the tree or ran out of ideas. I can't wait to see the Demon Hunter tree. 10 ability nodes and 50 stat nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I...love the current setup. Both my legendaries are on it. So are my favorite conduits.

There is one flaw in the diamond, however:

It's boring and stinks of low effort. But it's the only thing I really don't like. I don't care for cole slaw, but if the best pulled pork and ribs came with it, I'd still order.
    I'd rather have those filler talents than ones that just give 10% more arcane damage or Beserk back if you take 3-4 talents to refill one ability. The warrior tree is amazing.

So, I loved gladiator warrior dps back during Warlords. Wish it had never gone away. I built this to maybe replicate it as a viable dps. Whats your take on it:
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...VVFBQVViEEUCQV

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callsignecho View Post
    Dual wield tanking would be great. I would love to see how it works out.
    Think it would be a lot like frost dks back during wrath when it was released. Slow weapons with a high focus on Parry / Armor / Stamina and some dodge thrown in. They had a good tool kit for it with things that increased armor by a percent. Going over the tree, it seems most of the defensive capabilities really rely on a shield. May not be viable in higher in content.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Think it would be a lot like frost dks back during wrath when it was released. Slow weapons with a high focus on Parry / Armor / Stamina and some dodge thrown in. They had a good tool kit for it with things that increased armor by a percent. Going over the tree, it seems most of the defensive capabilities really rely on a shield. May not be viable in higher in content.
    If it could do low mythic+ keys and normal mode raids, I would be happy. Something to screw around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Callsignecho View Post
    If it could do low mythic+ keys and normal mode raids, I would be happy. Something to screw around with.
    The build I went for dps focused on as much armor as I could get. I doubt it would be viable for anything max beyond heroic dungeons with a geared and skilled healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I'd rather have those filler talents than ones that just give 10% more arcane damage or Beserk back if you take 3-4 talents to refill one ability. The warrior tree is amazing.
    I mentioned the one flaw I saw, but yes, I am really happy with the tree as I see it. The stat thing should still be addressed on principle, still, but it's the only real issue I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    The front page said that Dragonflight talents had been changed. I didn't see anything at first glance. Most directly, I didn't see any change in that stats and only stats row.

EDIT: I should clarify: yes, I see the changes to Ravager and Impending Victory number-wise. I didn't see any talents get moved around on the tree, or the tree changing shape.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2022-08-18 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, I loved gladiator warrior dps back during Warlords. Wish it had never gone away. I built this to maybe replicate it as a viable dps. Whats your take on it:
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...VVFBQVViEEUCQV
    For this to work, you would need to attach the threat multiplier to activate only when i Def stance. Which imo makes sense.
    Created on the 25th April 2005.
    Protection Warrior since the old days of UBRS.

P.S. Make a part of your warrior community happy and bring Gladiator Stance back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking over the Alpha (Prot) Warrior feedback, it seems a lot of people are pretty happy with the current setup. I didn't see a single person who shared my concern with the "entire row with literally nothing but stats" thing...until:

However, we’ve heard your feedback about the secondary stat nodes and have been working to make them more interesting.

I have to admit, I didn't think that would happen. Technically, it might not, but at least they "heard my issue". So...if they hold true to that, I don't see anything wrong. Well, maybe something minor like "Cacophonous Roar and Menace are mutually exclusive" but nothing important.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...FEVQRFVqRQQCAA
    -- something I put together with the current wowhead-linked calculator

There were some discussions along the lines of "remove dual wielding from Prot" and "Shield Charge isn't competitive enough" we might see improvement on later. Also "Devastate and Devastator will share a node" which will be a crowd pleaser, from the looks of things. Arms and Fury got more changes, but that's hardly a problem when Prot looks so good.