Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    It's almost like it wasn't done. Principle filming might have been, but it wasn't even remotely at the "we should start hyping this up" stage. Which itself is saying a lot given that they do that like 2-3 years in advance now (which I find both obnoxious and incredibly stupid, as by the time the actual show/film comes out, 99% of the hype has died off and people are all "oh right, that was coming out.").

I also don't get why people are giving them a hard time over it. The movie was clearly going to be awful and they axed it, rather than put it out to milk you for money. Sure, there were alternative reasons to go along with the choice to axe it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the best thing to do. God knows we have enough shitty DC superhero movies.
    movie was NOT clearly awful. it screened the same as black adam and recent IT. and that's with placeholder effects and not all of the editing done.

they axed it because it was going to go to streaming along with other projects,( while also quietly removing a ton of other streaming content from HBO max), not to movie theaters and apparently Zaslav is bound and determined to do away with everything he can manage that his predecessors have done.

STOP pushing the narrative that they canceled it cause it was bad. people are giving them hard time becasue they would rather destroy a ton of work by a multitude of creatives for tax writeoffs as well as layoff even more people, even though it was discovery plus that was in trouble, NOT HBO max.

its far from the first streaming project to get no advertising. hell even some theatrical releases get no advertising, and then publishers wonder why ticket sales are bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    movie was NOT clearly awful.
    Yeah, I think I'll trust people who actually know what they're talking about over some rando on an MMO forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Belloni
    This is someone who was in the test screening a couple months ago where they were trying to figure out what to do with this movie and I called him and we chatted and he said that after the screening, the executives Walter Hamada of DC and some of the others there ask the audience, "Did this feel big?" and clearly they were trying to figure out whether it felt like it deserved a theatrical release and the consensus was absolutely not. He said it played like a TV pilot, the stakes were very small... He said it felt a little like Dark Phoenix.

Yeah, I think I'll trust people who actually know what they're talking about over some rando on an MMO forum.
    right. so you won't trust some random MMO champion forum poster with links to actual evidence...... to trust another random MMO champion forum poster who just made a claim that they know someone that saw it.

nice. very logical.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ed-1235191932/

relevant quote

when a very early version of the film test screened, with temp VFX and score, it landed a score in the low 60s and is believed to have only tested once. Film producers and executives have long noted that test screenings are best used to determine whether audiences are engaged or disengaged during certain parts of the film, not as a final judgment call on a movie. For example, horror films that end up doing well have been known to test in the 60s. Batgirl’s test score, which was for a director’s cut, is comparable to scores for the first It (2017), which wound up grossing $700.3 million globally, as well as an early score for the upcoming Shazam! Fury of the Gods. Both of those films tested in the 60s.
    but do keep hating on this movie for... reasons.

right. so you won't trust some random MMO champion forum poster with links to actual evidence...... to trust another random MMO champion forum poster who just made a claim that they know someone that saw it.

nice. very logical.
    Ouch. That's got to hurt. You should probably look up who Matthew Belloni is before continuing. (Hint: He's not an MMO-Champion forum poster. Another hint: He's a Hollywood insider who used to be the editor for the Hollywood Reporter and an entertainment lawyer.)

Just... ouch.

It's almost like it wasn't done. Principle filming might have been, but it wasn't even remotely at the "we should start hyping this up" stage. Which itself is saying a lot given that they do that like 2-3 years in advance now (which I find both obnoxious and incredibly stupid, as by the time the actual show/film comes out, 99% of the hype has died off and people are all "oh right, that was coming out.").
    It was supposed to be released this December. That's well within the "we should start hyping this up" stage.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Ouch. That's got to hurt. You should probably look up who Matthew Belloni is before continuing. (Hint: He's not an MMO-Champion forum poster. Another hint: He's a Hollywood insider who used to be the editor for the Hollywood Reporter and an entertainment lawyer.)

Just... ouch.
    becasue no one EVER lies about their identity on a forum. ever. your quote is an MMO champion quote. you have no source other then this quote while my source is the very publication that your source allegedly (since we do not know if its the real person posting, or someone assuming their name) used to work for. come on, you have GOT to do better then that.

Just... ouch.
    Yes, because we should absolutely listen to one random forum poster, who's done nothing but be rude to and belittle other random forum posters, all the while acting so morally and intellectually superior it's a wonder you can still post, what with being so high on your pedestal and all.

Bored now.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

The insiders I've seen say it tested the same as Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yes, because we should absolutely listen to one random forum poster, who's done nothing but be rude to and belittle other random forum posters, all the while acting so morally and intellectually superior it's a wonder you can still post, what with being so high on your pedestal and all.

Bored now.
    Ouch, part two.

Again, he's not even a member of the forum (at least not to my knowledge). God forbid you quote someone with the quote feature.

Also, do people like you just not see your own hypocrisy? It's fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He just put the guy's name in the quote to correctly attribute it to him.
    thank you for the actual link.

that said.

1. that doesn't actualy contradict any of the information that I have linked and it doesn't prove that it was a bad movie, only that it felt like made for TV movie which duh... it was.. tighten up editing and clean up the score/special effects and its amazing how much of a difference THAT makes (case in point, "Star Wars. a new hope", which was a bit of a mess with good bones before Marcia Lucas got her hands on it)
    2. information is still a second hand account from a single participant of the test audience, and its based on a single viewing of an early cut... aka... see point one

P.S. Mr Nigma in a new Batman is also just "some dude in a suit" . it seems like DC villain trend at this point.

Holy shit you guys sticking your foot in it there. That was pretty funny.

Ouch, part two.

Again, he's not even a member of the forum (at least not to my knowledge). God forbid you quote someone with the quote feature.

Also, do people like you just not see your own hypocrisy? It's fascinating.
    In their defense, if you're going to quote someone from outside the forum...you could at least provide a link to avoid these kinds of misunderstandings. Mathew Belloni is hardly a household name.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    In their defense, if you're going to quote someone from outside the forum...you could at least provide a link to avoid these kinds of misunderstandings. Mathew Belloni is hardly a household name.
    not only that but my link is literally from the publication Mathew Belloni used to work for, and to reiterate... nothing that is said in actual conversation with him contradicts the article that I've linked. second hand info (as in he talked to one of the people in early screening audience) is one person's personal opinion of an early rough cut.

/shrug. its just fascinating how willing people are to condemn something they personaly haven't seen almost entirely on the basis of personal bias, while ignoring any evidence to the contrary.

P.S. the quote was made to look like it was from an MMO champion post. note the difference between how my quote from an article looks vs his quote that has an MMO champion quote header. that is a lot of trouble to go through for a gotcha moment that wasn't even a gotcha moment.

P.S. the quote was made to look like it was from an MMO champion post. note the difference between how my quote from an article looks vs his quote that has an MMO champion quote header. that is a lot of trouble to go through for a gotcha moment that wasn't even a gotcha moment.
    There was no "gotcha moment." Just total cringe at your inability to read, your asinine presumption that everyone must be lying 24/7 apparently, and your exemplary demonstration of that old saying about people who assume.

I mean, I literally said I'd rather listen to an industry professional rather than a random poster on this forum, then quoted said person... and for some reason that translated to "omg, that's just another poster even though he literally just said he care what other posters have said!"

But yeah, apparently it's all on me.
    Last edited by Rocksteady 87; 2022-08-13 at 10:29 PM.

the irony, oh the irony...

but anyways here's an interesting article that relates to this cancelation and new Discovery/HBO strategy for DC in general https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...av-1235337927/ what an utter mess :/

the irony, oh the irony...
    That word clearly doesn't mean whatever it is you think it means.

but anyways here's an interesting article that relates to this cancelation and new Discovery/HBO strategy for DC in general https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...av-1235337927/ what an utter mess :/
    "/shrug. its just fascinating how willing people are to condemn something they personaly haven't seen almost entirely on the basis of personal bias, while ignoring any evidence to the contrary."

But, hey, apparently it's okay to do so if it's your opinion and you consider something an "utter mess." Because, you know, you're you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    what about man of steel?
    The film that proved Synder hated superheroes yet they kept giving him more films to mess up? Ugh

Cavill looks good as Superman, but the script and the director may as well have just said "we hate this hero so lets destroy everything that makes him good".

Alot of the actors in it were quite good, but what they had to work with..... /shudder

Synder is 100% a disciple of Ayn Rand (admits this in interviews)..... you can't both believe in self-interest above all AND believe in people willing to sacrifice to help others. They do not mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Batman: TAS was a kids cartoon? You take that back!
    It came out on Fox Kids....

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    The film that proved Synder hated superheroes yet they kept giving him more films to mess up? Ugh

Cavill looks good as Superman, but the script and the director may as well have just said "we hate this hero so lets destroy everything that makes him good".

Alot of the actors in it were quite good, but what they had to work with..... /shudder

Synder is 100% a disciple of Ayn Rand (admits this in interviews)..... you can't both believe in self-interest above all AND believe in people willing to sacrifice to help others. They do not mesh.
    I've read somewhere that he wanted to build up superman to the person he eventually becomes. but like... his parents do that. superman is who he is because he was raised by Kents. Not despite them like Snyder seems to think. but otherwise, yeah, basically.

Snyder is all style, barely any substance IMO. that said while DC movies are all over the place in terms of both quality and tone... I honestly kinda liked that they didn't all feel like they came from a conveyer belt. I like marvel movies a lot, but that whole idea of a 10 year plan for DC - terrifies me a bit. cause I've been trying to catch up on some marvel stuff and... even as someone who mostly kept up until pandemic hit, its a LOT. I liked that with DC I could pick and chose and not feel hopelessly lost in references to past content.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    It came out on Fox Kids....
    Back in the 90's, most cartoons were watchable by even adult standards, unlike subsequent generations of cartoons. Well, unless it was on Disney channel, but anything on FOX Kids, Cartoon Network, and Nick was mature enough for adult audiences to enjoy.