Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at "Renown"

maybe this is an indicator that Archaeology will finally have an update and use again...

3+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh and there it fucking is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think the thing people complained about was that renown was tied to player power in SL and it was timegated. but it's not tied to player power in DF, so it should be a fine system, even with timegating
    Yeah that's true. I forgot that Renown was needed to unlock the soulbinds and tiers.

Guys...

Renown was always going to stay in DF...

Did you just not listen during the past couple months? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ahhh and there it fucking is.
    What is? They said from the start it was gonna be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Renown? That gated piece of cake can stay in Sl for eternity
    love WoWarcraft

With half the complaints here I have to ask, do people actually want an MMORPG, or an instance raid/dungeon simulator with no outside world?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    With half the complaints here I have to ask, do people actually want an MMORPG, or an instance raid/dungeon simulator with no outside world?
    A game that doesn't gate things behind a tedious grind system would be real nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    A game that doesn't gate things behind a tedious grind system would be real nice.
    So you want everything handed to you. I don't think you want to play an MMO. Every MMO has grinding. Hell, most games have some form of grinding.

Go play Diablo Immortal instead. There you can bypass anything by just paying.

You've just described the core gameplay loop of every MMO.

None of this stuff is power related. It's mini games and cosmetics. And tbh it looks at least so far to just be rep so technically it's not timegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    This seems more like a rep overhaul to me.
    That's in fact the entire idea. Replace rep with a more involved system with more granular rewards. So far I'd say it certainly looks more interesting.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean some do believe anything outside instanced content can be summed up as wasted ressources on filthy casuals so...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

This is one of those news posts that makes it immediately obvious who actually pays attention to what is going on and who just mindlessly bitches without any context.

Most of the people complaining don't know what they want. I think the only thing that would make them happy is for Blizzard to invent time travel and send them back to 2008 or something.

Welcome to every mmorpg since the foundation of the genre, that includes the beloved FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So you want everything handed to you. I don't think you want to play an MMO. Every MMO has grinding. Hell, most games have some form of grinding.
    Most games don't have the tedious and boring grinds that WoW does. At least in other games it's actually fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to every mmorpg since the foundation of the genre, that includes the beloved FFXIV
    As I said to someone else, at least in other games it's somewhat enjoyable. The grinds in WoW have been thoroughly unenjoyable since WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    You've just described the core gameplay loop of every MMO.

None of this stuff is power related. It's mini games and cosmetics. And tbh it looks at least so far to just be rep so technically it's not timegated.
    Why do you and other people overlook the key word "tedious"? Grinds aren't tedious in every MMO but it sure as fuck is in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Allegresse View Post
    maybe this is an indicator that Archaeology will finally have an update and use again...
    Pretty sure there was an official post weeks ago (maybe more) saying that they'll put Archeology in the fridge for the time being.

Most games don't have the tedious and boring grinds that WoW does. At least in other games it's actually fun.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said to someone else, at least in other games it's somewhat enjoyable. The grinds in WoW have been thoroughly unenjoyable since WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you and other people overlook the key word "tedious"? Grinds aren't tedious in every MMO but it sure as fuck is in WoW
    Becuase it is the same grind even in FFXIV when it comes to rep.

run into a giant mob, kill mob, GG. Only difference in any is wasting time to go see NPC or not to gain and hand in quest. None of these games are that different at all they're 99% the same.