Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Go to the Ukraine thread if you want to discuss that, or PM me if you want to discuss our differences. But I disagree with you, Russia is not commiting genocide on Ukraine. You should look up what that word means.
    I share a border with Ukraine and my friend what the Russians are doing there is nothing short of Genocide, if you havent been around Russians much you dont know what the f.. you are talking about. You have points about moderations but dont bring that pro Russian shit here bro. Go to some commie website and post there.
    Last edited by Manniis; 2022-08-04 at 08:37 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Leave the damn thread open and delete the posts that are offensive and issue infractions (but go easy on these as you're way too trigger happy atm).

    And finally, stop taking sides and infracting people who disagree with your opinion and using trolling as an excuse. That shit is not cool.
    Agree with this. Sometimes a thread does have to be closed because it's spam or a banned topic etc. But when the topic itself is fine then just remove rule-breaking posts and allow the conversation to continue. Leaving the posts up results in them getting quoted multiple times by people wanting to get their rebuttal in, and that just clogs up the thread.

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I mean it is a private website, just like if you go to a mall and start acting rowdy there - security will throw you out and nothing there will change. MMO-C was sold from a private owner Boubouille, the french Garfield-fan - to some other company entities (probably changed ownership few times by now).

    Which means they treat this website as a product now instead of fan-made forum - they want traffic here to generate revenue. So they have a set of rules ready that has been concluded that they work the best (even if not most user-friendly). It's the reality of things here...
    If they want to treat it as a product that generates traffic, they are doing it wrong.
    The forum was a lot more active back in the days. Sure WoW was a lot more popular, but the way mods behave is driving people away and to other places.

    I come back because I've been here for 15 years, but moving on is long overdue thanks to the attitude on the forum.
    It's either "agree or gtfo" as you can actually even see from some of the replies here. You get constantly attacked by the majority and if you disagree you'll get infracted.

  4. #24
    I have wanted to voice my own similar opinion on this matter for a while but I do no have the immunity that a 10 Year member badge seems to grant most people so I will just drop this comment and say that I wholeheartedly agree with the message of this post.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    If they want to treat it as a product that generates traffic, they are doing it wrong.
    The forum was a lot more active back in the days. Sure WoW was a lot more popular, but the way mods behave is driving people away and to other places.

    I come back because I've been here for 15 years, but moving on is long overdue thanks to the attitude on the forum.
    It's either "agree or gtfo" as you can actually even see from some of the replies here. You get constantly attacked by the majority and if you disagree you'll get infracted.
    Have any opinion you want, its just that this particular opinion is straight up damaging to any potential reader of your comments and you should be banned for them Russia goes over its head to spread propaganda and sound reasonable while litreally killing people. Retards in the west eat it up and spout how Russia is miss-understood. People in Eastern Europe know better, and look at people like you as living proof that the Russian propaganda machine is second to none on this earth. So you spreading your "opinion here, is straight up why Russians rapid fire a bunch of lies daily to see if any stick, and they usually do because you are here talking about Nazis in Ukraine lmao. Im half Russian and am familiar with the current situation over there having been to Russia and all you know..

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Manniis View Post
    Have any opinion you want, its just that this particular opinion is straight up damaging to any potential reader of your comments and you should be banned for them Russia goes over its head to spread propaganda and sound reasonable while litreally killing people. Retards in the west eat it up and spout how Russia is miss-understood. People in Eastern Europe know better, and look at people like you as living proof that the Russian propaganda machine is second to none on this earth. So you spreading your "opinion here, is straight up why Russians rapid fire a bunch of lies daily to see if any stick, and they usually do because you are here talking about Nazis in Ukraine lmao. Im half Russian and am familiar with the current situation over there having been to Russia and all you know..
    It's not only Russia though, Ukraine is full of scumbags as well.
    Even Amnesty has now noticed that they do indeed use i.e. hospitals as bases / "human shields" just so that they can whine afterwards when the Russians do not tolerate such bullshit tactics.

    Propaganda too is no less in the west than in Russia, but people like you gobble it up hungrily and start whining incessantly when someone points it out (hell why else would they start banning shit that contradicts their narratives?).

    I am also inclined to include a joke along the lines of "Turns out that in Ukraine the orphanage did, in fact, ask to be burned down.".
    Props if you get the reference.

    Reference: https://www.amnesty.nl/actueel/oekra...gers-in-gevaar

    Short english version: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-rel...tial-areas-new
    Last edited by loras; 2022-08-04 at 09:36 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  7. #27
    This forum has a huge problem with echo chambering and the same regulars devolving any topic into who can call the other an -ist the fastest.
    Usually a thread is only good for a few replies.

    I agree on that removing these posts instead of closing the topic is best, but some mods are doing these themselves at times, so I doubt it'll happen

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    It's not only Russia though, Ukraine is full of scumbags as well.
    Even Amnesty has now noticed that they do indeed use i.e. hospitals as bases / "human shields" just so that they can whine afterwards when the Russians do not tolerate such bullshit tactics.

    Propaganda too is no less in the west than in Russia, but people like you gobble it up hungrily and start whining incessantly when someone points it out (hell why else would they start banning shit that contradicts their narratives?).

    I am also inclined to include a joke along the lines of "Turns out that in Ukraine the orphanage did, in fact, ask to be burned down.".
    Props if you get the reference.
    How do you know thats true about the human shields, your friend told you or did you read it somewhere? The fact that you say propaganda is no less in the West than in Russia, shows that you dont really understand either side fully and only talk in broad strokes about this subject. Saying flashy things dont make it true. Because i can point out the propaganda on both sides and the west doesnt even come close to Russia.

    I think its people like you that enjoy having controversial opinions for some ego-stroke to basically say to yourself that you are special, because most people don't see your truth. Its pointless arguing with a person that went down the Russian rabbit hole tbh and yeah Ukraine has corruption and shitty people, like everywhere else in the world. But as a neibhour to Ukraine ill say it again, you dontk now what the f... you are talking about bro

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Manniis View Post
    How do you know thats true about the human shields, your friend told you or did you read it somewhere? The fact that you say propaganda is no less in the West than in Russia, shows that you dont really understand either side fully and only talk in broad strokes about this subject. Saying flashy things dont make it true. Because i can point out the propaganda on both sides and the west doesnt even come close to Russia.

    I think its people like you that enjoy having controversial opinions for some ego-stroke to basically say to yourself that you are special, because most people don't see your truth. Its pointless arguing with a person that went down the Russian rabbit hole tbh and yeah Ukraine has corruption and shitty people, like everywhere else in the world. But as a neibhour to Ukraine ill say it again, you dontk now what the f... you are talking about bro
    I would advice you to refresh your browser (or make an effort to find some truth and falsehoods yourself), it's not exactly fringe media reporting it.
    But i guess that just confirms you to be the propaganda-fuelled drone you seemed to be.

    Also it should be noted that as i am a *bit* less limited in the languages i speak than the average angloid i am not quite as vulnerable to propaganda, as translation tech is still piss poor and propaganda needs a massive reach nowadays, thus allowing me (and plenty of others) to notice the cracks, gaps and plentiful outright lies, as well as the methodologies used to attempt to "manufacture consent" as they so euphemistically called it at the time of the Iraq war.

    Thankfully this message is not just for you and as such is not wasted on just you. ^^
    But do continue to support the, per your own words, "corrupt and shitty" people that have now been proven to be no less fond of warcrimes than their invaders.
    Personally i dislike mostly the counterproductive sanctions we've put in place, but two pieces of shit exterminating one another? Not too bad at all.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  10. #30
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Let's get one thing out of the way - not allowing to discuss moderation is dictatorship. Like China, Eritrea, etc.
    Imagine if Xi said "you are not allowed to publicly say ANYTHING about me, instead send me an email".
    That's ridiculous and that rule needs to go.

    Anyway, to my point.
    Mods need to do some actualy moderation for once.
    Many of them (you know who you are) are spamposting in every forum instead of doing their job. It's fine to discuss, but do your job properly, mkay?

    What happens is that a GOOD thread gets a ton of bad posts and gets closed by a mod leaving all the bad posts in it.
    You're killing the forum. YOU. Not the posters. The mods are.
    Leave the damn thread open and delete the posts that are offensive and issue infractions (but go easy on these as you're way too trigger happy atm).

    And finally, stop taking sides and infracting people who disagree with your opinion and using trolling as an excuse. That shit is not cool. If I go to the Ukraine thread and say that it does needs to be denazified, that is not trolling and it's not a reason for infraction.


    Won't happen. It would mean moderators would actual have to moderate.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I would advice you to refresh your browser (or make an effort to find some truth and falsehoods yourself), it's not exactly fringe media reporting it.
    But i guess that just confirms you to be the propaganda-fuelled drone you seemed to be.

    Also it should be noted that as i am a *bit* less limited in the languages i speak than the average angloid i am not quite as vulnerable to propaganda, as translation tech is still piss poor and propaganda needs a massive reach nowadays, thus allowing me (and plenty of others) to notice the cracks, gaps and plentiful outright lies, as well as the methodologies used to attempt to "manufacture consent" as they so euphemistically called it at the time of the Iraq war.

    Thankfully this message is not just for you and as such is not wasted on just you. ^^
    But do continue to support the, per your own words, "corrupt and shitty" people that have now been proven to be no less fond of warcrimes than their invaders.
    Personally i dislike mostly the counterproductive sanctions we've put in place, but two pieces of shit exterminating one another? Not too bad at all.
    I can peacefuly disagree and leave it at that. The second you mentioned Iraq i already knew where this was going not everything needs to put through the lens of US and their plenty of wrongdoings. The focus here is on Russia, where the avarage person in and around that country know how full of shit the Kremlin is. Where up is down and the sky is green And a person reading Russian propaganda without that context, could easily get swept up and start fetishizing Russia i see you as a victim of an elaborate propaganda machine and nothing else and i've no hate towards you lol
    Last edited by Manniis; 2022-08-04 at 10:03 AM.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    If they want to treat it as a product that generates traffic, they are doing it wrong.
    The forum was a lot more active back in the days. Sure WoW was a lot more popular, but the way mods behave is driving people away and to other places.

    I come back because I've been here for 15 years, but moving on is long overdue thanks to the attitude on the forum.
    It's either "agree or gtfo" as you can actually even see from some of the replies here. You get constantly attacked by the majority and if you disagree you'll get infracted.
    Good riddance. You won't find a forum or site anywhere in the world that doesn't moderate itself, regardless of the position it takes.

    If this forum is prompting burner accounts to return then its community is doing a great job at keeping conversation attractive.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Manniis View Post
    I can peacefuly disagree and leave it at that. The second you mentioned Iraq i already knew where this was going not everything needs to put threough the lens of US and their plenty of wrongdoings. The focus here is on Russia, where the avarage person around that country know how full of shit they are. And a person reading Russian propaganda without that context, could easily get swept up and start fetishizing them i see you as a victim of an elaborate propaganda machine and nothing esle and i've no hate towards you lol
    The truth is no matter of agreement, i mean you were the first to imply that mainstream media are reliable by mocking what "your friend told you or did you read it somewhere?", so i served you some mainstream media condemnation of your favourite team.

    The focus lies wherever we deem it to be necessary, ignoring the US's disastrous adventures would be like demanding you blind yourself just so you can "see". A lovely trope in fiction of course, but with little relevance to reality.
    And the fact is that, as can be seen in the aid delivered, that the Ukros are being kept in power by the UK, the US and their corrupt Polish lapdog in eastern Europe; Ukraine at present is a pawn of theirs, and one they seemingly value to a near absurd degree.
    Add to that the US's dominance exists mostly in the information sphere nowadays and perhaps you can begin to understand my nuisance at the idea that the US has no part of the blame for this debacle, or that the narratives they foster are any more reliable than the nonsense Russia pushes.

    I do not really care how you see me, but i do feel that third parties might be vulnerable to your bullshit. And as you are, per your nature, a propaganda-fuelled drone, well, i consider this the verbal equivalent of squashing you. ^^
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    I have wanted to voice my own similar opinion on this matter for a while but I do no have the immunity that a 10 Year member badge seems to grant most people so I will just drop this comment and say that I wholeheartedly agree with the message of this post.
    Well I have a 15 year badge and I'm not so sure there's an immunity :-)

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    The truth is no matter of agreement, i mean you were the first to imply that mainstream media are reliable by mocking what "your friend told you or did you read it somewhere?", so i served you some mainstream media condemnation of your favourite team.

    The focus lies wherever we deem it to be necessary, ignoring the US's disastrous adventures would be like demanding you blind yourself just so you can "see". A lovely trope in fiction of course, but with little relevance to reality.
    And the fact is that, as can be seen in the aid delivered, that the Ukros are being kept in power by the UK, the US and their corrupt Polish lapdog in eastern Europe; Ukraine at present is a pawn of theirs, and one they seemingly value to a near absurd degree.
    Add to that the US's dominance exists mostly in the information sphere nowadays and perhaps you can begin to understand my nuisance at the idea that the US has no part of the blame for this debacle, or that the narratives they foster are any more reliable than the nonsense Russia pushes.

    I do not really care how you see me, but i do feel that third parties might be vulnerable to your bullshit. And as you are, per your nature, a propaganda-fuelled drone, well, i consider this the verbal equivalent of squashing you. ^^
    You have an amazing ability to type 2 paragraphs without really saying anything substantial at all, and then you gave yourself a little victory lap in the end there. Ill let THAT speak for itself lmao

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Manniis View Post
    You have an amazing ability to type 2 paragraphs without really saying anything substantial at all, and then you gave yourself a little victory lap in the end there. Ill let THAT speak for itself lmao
    Failure to comprehend things you do not agree with does not concern me.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  17. #37
    Its amazing how this thread went from being a pretty good point into being an example of why this happens all within the span of two pages.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    And finally, stop taking sides and infracting people who disagree with your opinion and using trolling as an excuse.
    This shit for real. Im not "trolling" I just have a different opinion than you. Literally enforcing an echo chamber on certain topics.

  19. #39
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    I have wanted to voice my own similar opinion on this matter for a while but I do no have the immunity that a 10 Year member badge seems to grant most people so I will just drop this comment and say that I wholeheartedly agree with the message of this post.
    That's a myth, I have a 10 year badge and I've had more infractions than your average Joe, admittedly that was a while back but still, who cares how long you've been registered if you break the rules?

    The problem is modern day society where people take offence to literally every single minute fucking thing and the fact the moderation on this site is woeful, not sure if it's still the case but I was told by a former mod you have your own section to deal with and that's it, you can't go into another section and "moderate" hence why you have mods "spamming" in this section without modding, simply because they can't.

    Whether or not it's this site or Twitter, fact is you can't say jack shit without hurting a snowflakes feelings and getting in trouble for that, the sooner people realise "free speech" means absolutely nothing the better.

    Then again this poor excuse for a human thinks that Russia isn't committing genocide so who gives a fuck what he says.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome Vrinara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest
    Posts
    541
    Moderation? On this forums? Lol. This Website has a ton of trolls on it and spammers. The mods don't do anything about them, yet you say one wrong thing, they ban you or infract your account. It's why I stopped using it. I can get my news faster from WoWhead. Not to mention some of the posters on here are toxic as fuck. But you are gonna find Toxic 40 year olds that live in their basement everywhere. It's still not as bad as twitter.

    Anyways. I'm probably gonna get infracted or banned cause I talked shit about the Mod. They royally suck and don't do their jobs. Fire them. Hire people who will actually mod and not infract your comment and claim it's trolling. TY, see yall in a month or 6. Who knows. <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •