Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    You serious? Ok then.

This is a thread about how good threads get closed. It is caused by retards in the comments going on unrelated tangents for pages and pages. we are three pages in and you idjits are already talking about some russian genocide shit. Seeing that I posted a joking comment about how the admins should nuke the thread. In the context of the subject matter and the tangent already seen I found it funny to comment that.

Pull that stick out of your ass, you'll feel better.
    Just gonna point out that these are the kinda replies that usually get threads nuked and its a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    As stated earlier, the amount of trolls with 10 year badges is insane. See for example this post I quoted. It could also be a mods' account before they got moderator. Stuff like this is just too sad for words to describe.
    Oh so I'm a troll for spitting out the truth, and not actually trolling? Great logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    All I'm reading is some ungrateful twats moaning how they don't like the way these forums are moderated.

So here's the thing:
    a) No one is forcing you to be here.
    b) Privately owned forums.
    c) Moderating is a volunteer job, and while that is not an excuse to allow poor moderation, mods are also only human and can make mistakes, stop treating them like they're not human.
    d) Without the moderators, there would be no forums for you lot to sit and whine on. Show some fucking gratitude.

Rant over. Now more coffee.
    Nothing is perfect, and things never improve if discussion always devolve into "don't like it, leave".
    It's not black and white and you can enjoy certain things and dislike other things about something.

People should embrace discussion rather than trying to shut it down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Just gonna point out that these are the kinda replies that usually get threads nuked and its a shame.
    Consider how some act here I think plenty know that if they derail it enough, the thread gets locked. Probably on purpose.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Who cares. If this is your major social outlet you probably need to explore a little more. I have been banned plenty of times. I rarely, normally never, take it out on moderation. Truth is usually I am saying something that deserves it and I usually understand that when it happens. It might not be something I would throw you out of MY house over but in theirs I accept that it might happen and I get tossed out. That is how it works. I don't go into my next door neighbor's house and explain to them that these conversations have to be allowed in their home. If I find out they have topics I don't like to talk about I tend to avoid those conversations if I still want to go over there and hang out with them for whatever reason. It is pretty easy. Convincing them isn't going to improve my life at all but the fight that might happen in the fall out might make it worse.

Sure, that might mean this forum turns to some political leaning you don't like, or your agenda cannot be pushed, or maybe something totally false gets spread.. but truthy if it bothers you that much just stop coming back. I don't go to infowars site because I don't want to read it. I don't go there and try to change them. It is pointless. It is just a little corner of the internet that really has no impact, like this place, so just let it go. I do it all the time. If this place isn't for you then it probably is best you don't bother.

Then lets imagine somehow you are victorious. You finally turn the tide and MMO Champions opinion shifts in your direction. Guess what. You pretty much still haven't done anything. Just another little echo chamber on the internet on your side and the things you want to change out in the world still march on. It sucks, I get it, but its life. Flame me or whatever but some people need to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the moderation is largely fine. Could be more strict on blatantly obvious trolling, especially the Russian trolls about the war in Ukraine. But I guess I can't complain too much, as Shalcker and his ilk are quite consistently getting infractions.

The mods are unpaid volunteers in here. Can't expect them to be around all the time. It's only natural threads are getting locked, and certain topics banned outright, as going post per post is work intensive. Besides, they do put plenty of warnings to turn the ship around, if things get too heated. So it's not like they don't bother before locking.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-08-04 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    As stated earlier, the amount of trolls with 10 year badges is insane. See for example this post I quoted. Nothing constructive was mentioned and it only serves to bait certain types of people to reply tp it. All 4 arguments given are strawmans. It could also be a mods' account before they got moderator. Stuff like this is just too sad for words to describe.
    This is a strawman, no that is a strawman! Everything is a strawman! We need more dope words to throw around, how about hyperbole? Not heard that one in a while.

Or how about no.

All 4 points I made are valid. If you don't like the way these forums are moderated, then you're free to leave. You don't make the rules, the owners do, and looking at this site compared to others, the rules and moderation are pretty darn alright.

Then we have the fact of the sheer entitlement that people have to sit here and say the moderators need to do better. Who are you to judge or say who is and isn't doing good enough? I'll leave that to the people who recruit the moderators.

And lastly, I used to be a moderator myself many years ago. I know what work it involves. I quit due to not having the time to combine it with my real life obligations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Nothing is perfect, and things never improve if discussion always devolve into "don't like it, leave".
    It's not black and white and you can enjoy certain things and dislike other things about something.

People should embrace discussion rather than trying to shut it down.
    I agree, discussion is good when it is civilized. But when people make a thread like this with the first post demanding things be removed or changed to their liking, saying mods need to do some actual work, then I'm afraid that "civilized discussion" aspect has already flown out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I agree, discussion is good when it is civilized. But when people make a thread like this with the first post demanding things be removed or changed to their liking, saying mods need to do some actual work, then I'm afraid that "civilized discussion" aspect has already flown out the window.
    Only if you face it as such. Plenty of people in this thread seems to be able to face this discussion civilized. Usually the trigger for some discussion is frustration, even though I agree on that cutting back on it is preferred but it doesn't mean you can't have a discussion about it.

Just think back to any friends or relatives in your life that has been frustrated or agitated by something... I think you wanted to talk to them about it and it usually resolves it or makes it easier to face the issue. I also think it has happened with you being frustrated about something and someone listened and talked to you about it. Of course if that frustration and "irrationality" (not sure if that's properly phrased) keeps going so you can't talk about it, then yeah, best to leave it for another time.

Main point is that if you face it like there's no discussion, there will be no discussion. If you face it like there is, then there's a chance there will be. So question is, do you want one? you don't have to want it, it's ok to not want to discuss certain things as well.

The problem lies with people on these forums often think that because they don't want a discussion or don't like it, it should be locked instead of just leaving it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-08-04 at 12:42 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Let's get one thing out of the way - not allowing to discuss moderation is dictatorship. Like China, Eritrea, etc.
    Imagine if Xi said "you are not allowed to publicly say ANYTHING about me, instead send me an email".
    That's ridiculous and that rule needs to go.

Anyway, to my point.
    Mods need to do some actualy moderation for once.
    Many of them (you know who you are) are spamposting in every forum instead of doing their job. It's fine to discuss, but do your job properly, mkay?

What happens is that a GOOD thread gets a ton of bad posts and gets closed by a mod leaving all the bad posts in it.
    You're killing the forum. YOU. Not the posters. The mods are.
    Leave the damn thread open and delete the posts that are offensive and issue infractions (but go easy on these as you're way too trigger happy atm).

And finally, stop taking sides and infracting people who disagree with your opinion and using trolling as an excuse. That shit is not cool. If I go to the Ukraine thread and say that it does needs to be denazified, that is not trolling and it's not a reason for infraction.
    I agree with you on this but there wil never be anything done with it. These days it seems like they prefer to just mod with the feels instead of removing the truly bad/disgusting posters because lots of the times their beliefs are on the same side. Its why I rarely post on/read this board anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Only if you face it as such. Plenty of people in this thread seems to be able to face this discussion civilized. Usually the trigger for some discussion is frustration, even though I agree on that cutting back on it is preferred but it doesn't mean you can't have a discussion about it.

Just think back to any friends or relatives in your life that has been frustrated or agitated by something... I think you wanted to talk to them about it and it usually resolves it or makes it easier to face the issue. I also think it has happened with you being frustrated about something and someone listened and talked to you about it. Of course if that frustration and "irrationality" (not sure if that's properly phrased) keeps going so you can't talk about it, then yeah, best to leave it for another time.

Main point is that if you face it like there's no discussion, there will be no discussion. If you face it like there is, then there's a chance there will be. So question is, do you want one? you don't have to want it, it's ok to not want to discuss certain things as well.

The problem lies with people on these forums often think that because they don't want a discussion or don't like it, it should be locked instead of just leaving it.
    I think it's fair to say I was a bit rash, which I can definitely admit. I'm definitely open to discussion, and I'm pretty sure the actual owners, globals and mods are too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since OP was clearly already aware of our rules on how to proceed with feedback about moderation, going to lock this here.

As to the opinion that threads can be productive if you just delete posts, you must have forgotten or not seen the abundant negativity when even a single post gets removed, let alone whole swaths of them. We'd be accused of cencorship and hiding the "truth".

So no. The best way to handle a thread that has gone off the rails and is discussing content we don't allow is to close the thread and hope people have learned their lesson for next time (while obviously hitting any bad posts in them).

CLOSED.