Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Feel free to post a quote from Blizzard saying this. Throughout their developer interviews, they repeatedly called Dracthyr dragons, and when you enter Stormwind and/or Orgrimmar, your dracthyr is called a dragon repeatedly, and you aren't trusted. Nowhere are they ever called "half-dragons" or anything other than dragons or dracthyr.



    Its in the opening questlines. When you arrive in Stormwind, Wrathion says that like other dragons, the dracthyr can assume a visage form to make themselves more acceptable to the mortal races. In other words, the dracthyr are capable of taking on a mortal visage EXACTLY like the dragons do.



    Except you can't do that until you get to Stormwind and you encounter the mortal races. If they were part mortal, why would they not be able to use their visage forms until they actually see the mortal races? Why would Wrathion explicitly say that the Dracthyr need to use their visage forms to mingle with mortal races just like other dragons do?
    Throwback to when NPCs called Pandaren Furbolgs.
    Does that mean Pandaren are Furbolgs or does it mean the NPCs were unreliable narrators because they don’t know what the Pandaren were?

    Either way it’s been stated several times they’re half-dragons because they’re hybrids between mortals and dragons.

    Which you’ll see in the “Origins of the Dracthyr” animation they’re gonna do for DF, feel free to quote me on it.

    Also what happened to you saying something isn’t a dragon if it wears armor?
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-08-05 at 11:34 PM.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    We've also never had a ranged/healer/tank class either...to use the same argument
    We've had tank/tank/tank
    We've had melee/melee/melee
    We've had healer

    Hope that clarifies your misunderstanding.

    To Americans: This November, vote like your life depends on it, because it does.

  3. #63
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Throwback to when NPCs called Pandaren Furbolgs.
    Does that mean Pandaren are Furbolgs or does it mean the NPCs were unreliable narrators because they don’t know what the Pandaren were?
    This comparison only works if Blizzard and the Pandaren also called the Furblogs Pandaren. Multiple dragon NPCs also call the Dracthyr dragons during the opening quest line.

  4. #64
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This comparison only works if Blizzard and the Pandaren also called the Furblogs Pandaren. Multiple dragon NPCs also call the Dracthyr dragons during the opening quest line.
    They’re specifically called Dracthyr, not ‘dragons’ in the starting zone.

  5. #65
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    We've also never had a ranged/healer/tank class either...to use the same argument

    Are you saying we've never had a ranged/healer/tank class?

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,665
    Who doesn't?
    /thread
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Are you saying we've never had a ranged/healer/tank class?
    Technically no!

    We DO have a ranged/healer/tank/melee class, though!

  8. #68
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    They’re specifically called Dracthyr, not ‘dragons’ in the starting zone.
    Where.....?

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLamperouge View Post
    Ion said they would maybe do it later. So there is a small hope if many people ask for it. Having only 2 specs is make incomplete content.
    Didnt he said the same thing about 3rd spec for demonhunters?

  10. #70
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Where.....?
    Almost every interaction between the dragons and Dracthyr.
    Including the first in-game cinematic you get in the starting zone.

  11. #71
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Almost every interaction between the dragons and Dracthyr.
    Including the first in-game cinematic you get in the starting zone.
    In other words, your interpretation versus Blizzard and various NPCs literally calling them dragons.

    Got it.

  12. #72
    Not having a black dragon themed tank spec was a huge miss. The argument that a tank spec doesn't make sense for a dragonic race made as ultimate warriors makes no sense whatsoever. Considering how demanding and demanded the tank role is there is no justification for not adding more options to play it. They cut design resources, that's what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

  13. #73
    Primary issue is that Evokers are first and foremost envisioned as a pure caster class based in chromatic dragonflight magic. That vision really clashes with the idea of a tank or melee spec.

    I'd frankly sooner see an Earthwarder tank spec for shamans. I think that class fantasy meshes much better with tank gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Primary issue is that Evokers are first and foremost envisioned as a pure caster class based in chromatic dragonflight magic. That vision really clashes with the idea of a tank or melee spec.

    I'd frankly sooner see an Earthwarder tank spec for shamans. I think that class fantasy meshes much better with tank gameplay.
    Not only that, but Ion also said they wanted to make Empower abilities a core class mechanic for the Evoker, and it didn't make any sense for a tank/melee spec, because melees/tanks don't channel.

  15. #75
    Dreadlord Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Not having a black dragon themed tank spec was a huge miss. The argument that a tank spec doesn't make sense for a dragonic race made as ultimate warriors makes no sense whatsoever. Considering how demanding and demanded the tank role is there is no justification for not adding more options to play it. They cut design resources, that's what it is.
    Adding another tank spec isn't going to magically fix the problem of not having enough tanks (or healers, for that matter, but the latter is far more 'rare' it seems). All it does is makes balancing fights around whatever niche the supposed 'tank' Evoker could have been.

    I've posted enough on this subject, so I won't rehash it for the umpteenth time unless specifically requested, but the idea that somehow an Evoker Tank-spec would help the tank drought is a laughably naïve idea, even compared to the other weird headcanon justifications as to why a class called 'Evoker' should have a tank spec.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Adding another tank spec isn't going to magically fix the problem of not having enough tanks (or healers, for that matter, but the latter is far more 'rare' it seems). All it does is makes balancing fights around whatever niche the supposed 'tank' Evoker could have been.

    I've posted enough on this subject, so I won't rehash it for the umpteenth time unless specifically requested, but the idea that somehow an Evoker Tank-spec would help the tank drought is a laughably naïve idea, even compared to the other weird headcanon justifications as to why a class called 'Evoker' should have a tank spec.
    You can apply that argument against adding anything to the game, it can't really be a discussion. By the same logic Demon Hunter shouldn't be a tank either. The only limitation for an Evoker to not allow for a tank spec is your imagination. I've played too many games with arcane and magic fighter type classes to take it seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

  17. #77
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    In other words, your interpretation versus Blizzard and various NPCs literally calling them dragons.

    Got it.
    Ironic coming from you lol.
    Given there is no evidence they’re actual dragons.
    But either way you’ll see in the animated “Origins of the Dracthyr” that they’re in fact, hybrids like Drakonids.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-08-06 at 05:45 PM.

  18. #78
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Not having a black dragon themed tank spec was a huge miss. The argument that a tank spec doesn't make sense for a dragonic race made as ultimate warriors makes no sense whatsoever. Considering how demanding and demanded the tank role is there is no justification for not adding more options to play it. They cut design resources, that's what it is.
    It makes perfect sense when you realize that Evokers are casters, and Blizzard isn’t going to make a caster class a tank.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Ironic coming from you lol.
    Given there is no evidence they’re actual dragons.
    But either way you’ll see in the animated “Origins of the Dracthyr” that they’re in fact, hybrids like Drakonids.
    No evidence beyond the makers of the game and several NPCs literally calling them dragons, and them having the abilities of WoW dragons?

  19. #79
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No evidence beyond the makers of the game and several NPCs literally calling them dragons, and them having the abilities of WoW dragons?
    There’s not a single NPC, that knows what the Dracthyr are, that calls them a dragon.

    The makers of the game did specify that they’re not dragons though. Ion even said they’re a Drakonid race, so…


    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dracthyr
    When the dracthyr were revealed with the Dragonflight expansion, they were described as a drakonid, draconic race
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-08-06 at 06:23 PM.

  20. #80
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Posts
    4,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Why? Cos mail users will finally have a tank class - and it's dragons man, surely they can tank
    It would have been really cool to be able to tank with them. But you know Blizzard, it aint gonna happen, they don't tend to give players what they want

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •