Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Props to the artists but putting makeup on a corpse doesn't make it less dead...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Overwatch 1->2 is comprised of a handful of maps and 34 heroes with minimal art and rebalancing changes for a small number of abilities each. And it's still running *years* behind schedule.

Imagine how long it would take to move 18 years of WoW into a new engine.
    Was about to comment something like that. WoW is a massive game with who knows how many textures to redesign. Probably will never happen.
    BUT! There's this company Blizzard bought recently that specializes in remastering games, so we can always hope :-)
    I guess we should be happy with characters looking very decent. They actually did a fantastic job on redesigning the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW zones are always stunning, can't deny that.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    WoW zones are always stunning, can't deny that.
    I keep saying it, WoW has the best art and graphics combination of any MMO out there to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Was about to comment something like that. WoW is a massive game with who knows how many textures to redesign. Probably will never happen.
    BUT! There's this company Blizzard bought recently that specializes in remastering games, so we can always hope :-)
    I guess we should be happy with characters looking very decent. They actually did a fantastic job on redesigning the characters.
    remember the doom 2016 secret levels? current movement, 3d weapon but like entering a time capsule into the oldest doom games?

make WoW as a whole up until dragonflight as chapter I. open chapter II but do it in a new custom engine or even in a licensed one but encapsulate, emulate or sandbox chapter I in that new WoW 2. you can enter the old chapter and farm transmogs and do timewalking stuff and your toon gets a cosmic de-makeup from that high fidelty chapter II snazziness to i.e. an already preloaded transmog you set as your default apperance in the old chapter.

we could start from a fresh slate by doing the last things of an expansion, defeating a big bad and - black. we get catapulted into another world and maybe even encounter old friends and enemies since the game still should be able to stay true to the DNA.

sure, that idea is borrowed to an extent from fortnite. but it really shook things up and introduced new stuff and got me extremely excited. it was a graceful way to end the previous seasons and push forward. wished that companies would re-invent their games like that all the time. in the case of WoW we could argue for six to eight years per chapter, why not. but the idea is entertaining.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    remember the doom 2016 secret levels? current movement, 3d weapon but like entering a time capsule into the oldest doom games?

make WoW as a whole up until dragonflight as chapter I. open chapter II but do it in a new custom engine or even in a licensed one but encapsulate, emulate or sandbox chapter I in that new WoW 2. you can enter the old chapter and farm transmogs and do timewalking stuff and your toon gets a cosmic de-makeup from that high fidelty chapter II snazziness to i.e. an already preloaded transmog you set as your default apperance in the old chapter.

we could start from a fresh slate by doing the last things of an expansion, defeating a big bad and - black. we get catapulted into another world and maybe even encounter old friends and enemies since the game still should be able to stay true to the DNA.

sure, that idea is borrowed to an extent from fortnite. but it really shook things up and introduced new stuff and got me extremely excited. it was a graceful way to end the previous seasons and push forward. wished that companies would re-invent their games like that all the time. in the case of WoW we could argue for six to eight years per chapter, why not. but the idea is entertaining.
    Yes it is, that idea is pretty awesome and I completely support something like that.
    I love a lot about Fortnite, except building things, it robbed me of being #1 quite a few times as I never build :-)

The vorquin sticks out so much. I doesn't look like a wow creature.