Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonflight Zone Preview: Thaldraszus

Dragonflight Zone Preview: Thaldraszus
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Thaldraszus, a wonderous mountain region in the Dragon Isles, is the cradle of dragon civilization. From formidable structures to complex waterways, titan and dragon influence can be found throughout its diverse biomes. The sense of history in this region is palpable, and it feels alive with the spark of possibility.

The bronze dragons used the Temporal Conflux as a seat of power. Its vast libraries of knowledge contain the secrets of the timeways, as well as the Bronze Oathstone that symbolizes their calling to protect all time.

While titan-forged spaces bear distinctive architecture, the places established by the dragons reflect the most cultured aspects of dragon society. The dragons built vast structures, the most glorious of which was Valdrakken. From the top of this grand city, the Aspects passed laws and directed their protection of Azeroth.

Also nestled in the heart of Thaldraszus is Tyrhold, home to the Halls of Infusion. A mysterious place that has been locked away for millennia and holds the secrets that Tyr left behind.

The land is filled with a variety of life that you will see as you traverse through Thaldraszus:

Valdrakken Scaleworn

Vorquin

Giant Mantis

Primal Beetle

Thaldraszus is filled with history beckoning to be uncovered. Dive into the mysteries of the past in ancient lands.

We look forward to sharing more details as development continues on Dragonflight. Visit the Dragonflight site to pre-order. Check WorldofWarcraft.com/news for updates and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

See you in the Dragon Isles!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-08-04 at 05:20 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Woah! Tyrhold is amazing! I wanna make my house there.

Why does the model for the Valdrakken Scaleworn look better than the Dracthyr model?
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks an awful lot like Draenor, with some Night Elf and Titan architecture thrown in.

Don't know. Somehow every zone looks like another.

They've made so many zones, I imagine it is kind of hard to not be similar to something at this point.

Was hoping for some really bright sunlight on Tyrhold during the day as seen in the cinematic. Zones always look great, but there's also always the "WoW light filter" on them. Being able to use Ray-traced shadows really does improve things, but "natural" light is still missing in WoW.

To me, this is the Suramar of the expansion. The zone is aight, nothing crazy (though the views are jawdropping, the zone feels empty) - But the city more than makes up for it. Thank god we finally get a decent city that isn't Dalaran for the 3rd time.

Valdrakken Scaleworn body type option please!

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has top notch artists and animators and they are doing magic on this 18 year old game. It still looks great. But the low texture quality really shows and ruins the whole experience for me.
    I can only imagine what those artists could do with a brand new, optimized engine. That game would put all others to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Why does the model for the Valdrakken Scaleworn look better than the Dracthyr model?
    I'm sorry, that doesn't work with Blizzard's business model of You-Can't-Have-Nice-Things™.

How about some more dracthyr forum emotes and another recolored backpack instead?

Do I need to grab my rifle for the army of mantis men? Where's the yellow line?

5+ Year Old Account
    Vorquin, well, that is done by a furry...

I mean it looks great, but it looks like every other zone

Thought the same about ardenweald and val’svarah too

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    It doesn't? Like at all lol.... maybe your taste is just off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Blizzard has top notch artists and animators and they are doing magic on this 18 year old game. It still looks great. But the low texture quality really shows and ruins the whole experience for me.
    I can only imagine what those artists could do with a brand new, optimized engine. That game would put all others to shame.
    always hoped that 10.x would be the 1.0 or ending of "vanilla wow" with a new chapter coming in a new engine, i.e. a WoW 2 like overwatch 2.

maybe it happens in lieu of a 11.x. but if it doesn't at that point, we might never see more than a few additional things tacked on this behemoth of an engine year after year.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    always hoped that 10.x would be the 1.0 or ending of "vanilla wow" with a new chapter coming in a new engine, i.e. a WoW 2 like overwatch 2.
    Overwatch 1->2 is comprised of a handful of maps and 34 heroes with minimal art and rebalancing changes for a small number of abilities each. And it's still running *years* behind schedule.

Imagine how long it would take to move 18 years of WoW into a new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Thank god we finally get a decent city that isn't Dalaran for the 3rd time.
    Ya I am happy with the layout they did. More open, I think that was apart of the reason people didn't enjoy Oribos too much. Remember reading all about it. Anyways it would nice to see more of it but I think it looks good from the viewpoint that is displayed. WoD everyone wouldn't stop complaining about how they were locked away in their garrisons. So I think it has more of impact than others and possibly the company likes to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    It doesn't? Like at all lol.... maybe your taste is just off.
    Unpopular opinion but their bodies are severely out of proportion and wouldn’t work as a short player model. Same with hulk trolls.

It looks painfully bland.