Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonflight City Preview: Valdrakken

Dragonflight City Preview: Valdrakken
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    A shining treasure within Thaldraszus, Valdrakken is a testament to the power of cooperation between the dragonflights and dragonkin. It serves as a hub of activity for all who visit the Dragon Isles and provides a variety of services.

This bejeweled city is a feast for the eyes and ears, with waterfalls cascading down the mountain surrounding the city and breathtaking views overlooking nearby Tyrhold. There is a tranquility here even as the Dragonflights work with their allies to reclaim their homeland and reestablish a presence in their city.

Key Features:

• Bank
    • Black Market Auction House
    • PvP Vendors
    • Auction House
    • Crafting Stations
    • Profession Trainers
    • Void Storage
    • Transmogrifier
    • Barbershop
    • Portals to Orgrimmar and Stormwind
    • Questing

Seat of the Aspects: Portals to Orgrimmar and Stormwind

Located in the largest building toward the center of the city is the Seat of the Aspects along with portals to Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

Inn: The Roasted Ram

Take a load off and stretch your limbs (or wings if you have them) in the Roasted Ram inn near the center of the city.

Crafter’s Consortium

A bustling hub of commerce within the city, the Crafter’s Consortium is where crafters and patrons come together. Patrons can place Crafting Orders, or crafters can meet up at the various crafting stations to hone their skills, pick up a Crafting Order, or even recraft goods.

A Home for Every Dragonflight

Each of the dragonflights has their own areas to explore within Valdrakken.

The Blue Dragonflight houses a public library, and you can also visit a couple of the flight members taking time for a bit of tea on one of the balconies looking out over the majestic views of Thaldraszus.

The Green and Red Dragonflights house private gardens filled with shades of verdant green and striking red flora.

You’ll find the Black Dragonflight housing a variety of additional services, including Gear Upgrade Vendors, PvP Vendors, Forge, Anvil, Blacksmithing, and Mining.

The Bronze Dragonflight hosts the Timewalkers faction, a group of dragons and mortals dedicated to studying and preserving the timeways.

There’s plenty to discover in this majestic metropolis. Whether you’re visiting for profit or as a place to rest between your adventures, you’ll find what you need here.

Missing old Feralas art...

An Auction House? About fucking time they do that, and no, having an engineer only AH doesn't count. So tiresome to have to go back to old areas to use an AH or hope that someone has an AH mount out and doesn't ride away when they see you using it.

Add a portal to Legion Dal and Wyrmrest please

Blizzard's city design has gone downhill since BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Add a portal to Legion Dal and Wyrmrest please
    Yes please, Legion Dal is a nice place to get a portal to, and Wyrmrest temple just make sense for the sake of theme and lore

Looks like discount MoP shrines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazjin View Post
    I thought Zandal'ar was pretty meh but Kul'tiras was great.

The Inn looks weirdly out of place in what is supposed to be an ancient dragon city.

Doesn't look bad. Beats Oribos and Ashran residues, of that I'm certain. Still, doesn't really look like a literal city of dragons. You could remove all NPCs from screenshots, maybe change that stained glass a little, and say: "hey, check out this elf city", and I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

I don't know, it looks uninteresting and uninspired. Way too generic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Neither Zandalar or Kul Tiras were cities though. The cities were Zuldazar and Boralus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazjin View Post
    Question, do people forget that Shattrath existed or did they honestly like an army brown ruin with a horrible layout?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I say we should have Dalaran as expansion hub, all the time.

Looks neat. I like it. Anything but another sterile circle like we currently have

Uninspiring to say the very least.

- - - Updated - - -

One was built as a city, the other was built as a set piece. It showed.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Looks like discount MoP shrines
    It looks nothing like MoP shrines at all but go ahead, be insane and think that.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty. make it f2p and I'll check it out.

This looks incredibly boring and generic. Like they reused old assets, or at least recycled old aesthetics. Not at all what I'd expect from a new expansion hub.

Oribos was at least unique. And though the BFA hubs had their problems, they were also distinct and new in their own way. This is just... bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This looks incredibly boring and generic. Like they reused old assets, or at least recycled old aesthetics. Not at all what I'd expect from a new expansion hub.

Oribos was at least unique. And though the BFA hubs had their problems, they were also distinct and new in their own way. This is just... bleh.
    Zul was, imo, the worst city in WoW's history. Oribos was a legit headache too.

I quite like this new city. It's simplistic and I think it's decent looking. It ain't no Dalaran, but I do really like it so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything just looks generic.