Once in a lifetime talents.

What athletes, musicians or entertainers do you consider once in a lifetime talents, that we'll never see again?

Michael Jackson and Jim Henson for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freddie Mercury.
    Ron Jeremy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Entertainer: George Carlin is my favorite.

Musician: Beethoven.

For sports I'm bored of everything except MMA which is a relatively new professional sport. I'd have to pick either Jon Jones or Khabib Nurmagomedov because nobody could beat them. I wish Khabib had done 1 or 2 more fights in the UFC in order to solidify his dominance. It seems like nobody could hurt him, nobody could ever control him.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-09-10 at 01:43 PM.

For boxing: Roy Jones Jr.

The things he could do in his prime were unbelievable.

Bo Jackson
    Michael Jordan
    Alexander Karelin
    RJJ

Others
    Einstein
    Da Vinci

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    What athletes, musicians or entertainers do you consider once in a lifetime talents, that we'll never see again?

Michael Jackson and Jim Henson for me.
    Musician/Entertainer - Devin Townsend.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Entertainer: George Carlin is my favorite.

Musician: Beethoven.

For sports I'm bored of everything except MMA which is a relatively new professional sport. I'd have to pick either Jon Jones or Khabib Nurmagomedov because nobody could beat them. I wish Khabib had done 1 or 2 more fights in the UFC in order to solidify his dominance. It seems like nobody could hurt him, nobody could ever control him.
    Jon Jones was amazing. Too bad he was too rotten and wasted his talent. Stopped following UFC when it started being a clown show with clowns like mcgregor (I think loser knocked himself out once in a fight? broke his foot or something, lmao).
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-09-12 at 08:47 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

15+ Year Old Account
    The jamaican bobsleigh team in the Olympics, hands down.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Jimmy Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughan

5+ Year Old Account
    Quincy Johnes, Michael Jackson, W.A. Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven, Leonardo Da Vinci, Whitney Houston, Krzysztof Penderecki.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Jon Jones was amazing. Too bad he was too rotten and wasted his talent.
    Oh yeah he has a lot of demons and personal problems, but as long as an athlete only wins then I have infinite tolerance for all of their other issues. With Jon I wouldn't even necessarily say he's super athletic for a fighter because I think for him his super power is that he has a lot of 'in the moment creativity'. His opponents couldn't figure him out as a fighter because unlike many fighters he wasn't limited to a fighting formula, he was constantly innovating between fights and while fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Stopped following UFC when it started being a clown show with clowns like mcgregor
    That's good business though. McGregor earned disproportionately more than all the other fighters because of his attitude and clownery. Dana White loves that kind of thing and making the boss and the fans very happy is its own kind of talent.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-09-14 at 05:43 AM.

Oh yeah he has a lot of demons and personal problems, but as long as an athlete only wins then I have infinite tolerance for all of their other issues. With Jon I wouldn't even necessarily say he's super athletic for a fighter because I think for him his super power is that he has a lot of 'in the moment creativity'. His opponents couldn't figure him out as a fighter because unlike many fighters he wasn't limited to a fighting formula, he was constantly innovating between fights and while fighting.
    Most if not all his demons had to do with the fact that he was a black man living in the era of Jim Crow. He unabashedly dated and married white women and laws were passed to punish him for it, if you look up his history it's obvious he wasn't behaving anymore outrageous than white celebrities of his era. He just saw no reason to tone down his personality because he was black, he was going to live the celebrity life even with white America seething and he paid for it.

I mean for fuck sake they gave his second wife an psych exam because being insane is the only explanation for a white woman to be with a black man in their minds.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2022-09-14 at 09:12 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Most if not all his demons had to do with the fact that he was a black man living in the era of Jim Crow. He unabashedly dated and married white women and laws were passed to punish him for it, if you look up his history it's obvious he wasn't behaving anymore outrageous than white celebrities of his era. He just saw no reason to tone down his personality because he was black, he was going to live the celebrity life even with white America seething and he paid for it.

I mean for fuck sake they gave his second wife an psych exam because being insane is the only explanation for a white woman to be with a black man in their minds.
    Oh, I'm not sure if we are talking about the same person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones

I try not to judge people in general. I try to focus on the good aspects of people and ignore their negative behavior for as long as they aren't directly hurting other people. Although I guess I mean "hurting people without consent", because technically it's his job to physically hurt people and give them the beat down, hehe.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-09-15 at 09:06 PM.

Oh, I'm not sure if we are talking about the same person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Jones
    My apologies for some reason I was recalling Jack Johnson's history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Johnson_(boxer)

Do game designers count as entertainers? I'd have to say David Brevik and Chris Avellone in their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post

Jack Johnson was the first ever black Heavyweight Champion of the World, at a time when the Heavyweight Championship of the World was THE most prestigious title in sports.