Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Do you realize that in other cultures on the planets insects are already treated as food?
    And the Chinese eat dogs and cats. Hell, the Chinese eat anything that is organic in nature, even human fetuses (no, this isn't country-bashing, they actually do that, mr. moderator, look it up before infracting me). Would you eat cats and dogs?

Being compelled to do it through social media activism and government measures, is where the line should be drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    And the Chinese eat dogs and cats. Hell, the Chinese eat anything that is organic in nature, even human fetuses (no, this isn't country-bashing, they actually do that, mr. moderator, look it up before infracting me). Would you eat cats and dogs?

Being compelled to do it through social media activism and government measures, is where the line should be drawn.
    What the hell are you even talking about? They don't eat human fetus.

1+ Year Old Account
    What the hell are you even talking about? They don't eat human fetus.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Probably thought this was actually real lol
    https://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/S...d.php?idx=7333

And I wasn't referring to that link. I know that artist wanted to raise awareness against cannibalism. Hmm...makes you wonder why would a person want to raise awareness about something if the subject in question isn't real.

Don't kid yourself. If something, anything, exists and is organic, the Chinese will either eat it or make dick medicine out of it. ANYTHING.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-09-26 at 12:07 PM.

Do you realize that in other cultures on the planets insects are already treated as food?
    Not typically by choice. They eat insects because they are unable to afford, or are otherwise unable to access meat reliably. As soon as you introduce a stable, reliable source of meat, insect consumption drops off a cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything not the norm for these people is woke.

Sure, I'll try.

Woke is defined by a lack of self respect - appology culture, guilt culture.

"I'm so sorry I was born! I'm so sorry about the past!" What did you personally do? Nothing? Lol. Taking the blame for the sin of others, whatever.

Plant based food is future food. We are in the early stages of the future. So it's one of the byproducts.

It also depends on who's doing the talking, like anything in Politics.

You ask anyone, what is mass produced cereal and chips in America? They call it Junk Food. Poisonous food. It can kill you.

You ask anyone, what is mass produced candy in Japan? "Oh my God, it's so futuristic! Check out the packaging."

How to spot liars - something I call Universal Application. Can it work anywhere else, or can it only exist in this one area, under these circumstances only, like a mental delusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can be woke, not things. And not all progressive people are "woke." Like not all conservative people are "fascist" or anti-science. "Woke", like "fascist" is so easily used by the opposing faction that it loses its descriptive power.

Plant-based food is just another option added to our menu. You can still eat meat and eat these products. Although I'm not. Tofu, seitan, maybe, but these false-meat like "BeyondMeat"? No. Because just looking at how they are made make me sick... Some of them are so transformed and full of salt that I'd rather eat a good juicy steak. And I've eaten some "tofu-dogs" and like the proverbial raven, I say "Nevermore."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    Sure, I'll try.

Woke is defined by a lack of self respect - appology culture, guilt culture.

"I'm so sorry I was born! I'm so sorry about the past!" What did you personally do? Nothing? Lol. Taking the blame for the sin of others, whatever.
    I know this is an older post but, I just have to ask... are you a Christian? It's cool if you're not, but Jesus Christ quite literally (according to Christian myths at least) died for the sins of others. He took on the blame of Original Sin and died to have it forgiven. So, the concept of 'taking the blame for others' seems like something that should be very popular in the US, a country that supposedly has a massive Christian population.

Unless, y'know, most of them aren't actually Christian at all and just identify as such. Weird.

Please refrain from discussing religion.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Chick-fil-a, having made their bed with bigots, racists, and other intolerant types, is offering plant based "chicken" sandwiches. (Cauliflower actually)

The reaction from the fuckboy squad is about what you'd expect.

https://gizmodo.com/conservative-con...dwi-1850100961

The crowd that is cosntantly talking about how the other side are snowflakes are sure acting a lot like snowflakes themselves.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

What's wrong with eating insects?
    Chitin is an allergen and there is even a warning label because of that on the products because of that.

Also because insects will eat anything they often get fed with garbage since its cheaper so more profit. All you got to do is check asian countries since they got plenty experience. This is not a new unique problem either. Our western fish farms selling you "high quality" did same scam feeding the fish feed with crap because they apparently didn't get audits on what the fish feed eats.

And to make it more than just theory: EU legalized last month to stretch breadth,pizza,... with insects

Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    Chitin is an allergen and there is even a warning label because of that on the products because of that.
    So are peanuts.

Also because insects will eat anything they often get fed with garbage since its cheaper so more profit. All you got to do is check asian countries since they got plenty experience. This is not a new unique problem either. Our western fish farms selling you "high quality" did same scam feeding the fish feed with crap because they apparently didn't get audits on what the fish feed eats.
    That's a problem with capitalism...not insects.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    So are peanuts.
    Peanuts arent put in breadth and pasta... the basic issue is can you still trust the food? And the answer is no cause they legalized safety standards away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Would you eat cats and dogs?
    If I had to, yes - people in the western world also ate dogs from time to time not that long ago - there is absolutely nothing different from eating dogs/cats to eating cows.

The only reason it's taboo is because they are considered pets now, the same thing is happening with horses although they are still being eaten many places.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horse prepared correctly is delicious.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally have a wheat allergy. Should we ban all wheat products or slap big warning labels on everything? Or is it enough for those allergic to make sure they don't eat what triggers their allergy? Like with every other allergy?

Sure, include "chitin" in the list of allergens on the ingredients section, like we do with all other allergens. More than that's unnecessary.

And to make it more than just theory: EU legalized last month to stretch breadth,pizza,... with insects
    You've never eaten wild-caught fish? Hell, the entire meat industry, going back to the beginning of agriculture, exists so that livestock can eat the things we won't or can't eat and turn that material into something we can eat (meat, in short). Why should it matter what the insects ate? What matters is if they're edible themselves, now, and whether they carry any particular diseases or toxins, which we'd have determined in figuring out whether they're edible.

- - - Updated - - -

Peanuts arent put in breadth and pasta... the basic issue is can you still trust the food? And the answer is no cause they legalized safety standards away.
    Seriously, wheat's a frickin' allergen, dude. And most non-gluten-free pasta and breads are made from wheat.

This is why, here in Canada at least, all food labels have too look like this;

It's either gotta list it in the ingredients directly or in a "Contains:" list at the end. Legal requirement. Trivial to implement. I have no idea if the USA has a similar requirement, but even if they didn't, a ton of these companies ship to both so they're already meeting Canadian standards on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I literally have a wheat allergy. Should we ban all wheat products or slap big warning labels on everything? Or is it enough for those allergic to make sure they don't eat what triggers their allergy? Like with every other allergy?

Sure, include "chitin" in the list of allergens on the ingredients section, like we do with all other allergens. More than that's unnecessary.

You've never eaten wild-caught fish? Hell, the entire meat industry, going back to the beginning of agriculture, exists so that livestock can eat the things we won't or can't eat and turn that material into something we can eat (meat, in short). Why should it matter what the insects ate? What matters is if they're edible themselves, now, and whether they carry any particular diseases or toxins, which we'd have determined in figuring out whether they're edible.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, wheat's a frickin' allergen, dude. And most non-gluten-free pasta and breads are made from wheat.

This is why, here in Canada at least, all food labels have too look like this;

It's either gotta list it in the ingredients directly or in a "Contains:" list at the end. Legal requirement. Trivial to implement. I have no idea if the USA has a similar requirement, but even if they didn't, a ton of these companies ship to both so they're already meeting Canadian standards on this.
    Wheat in a wheat product is normal and expected. You would have a case if they sneaked wheat into apple juice or whatever other product where it doesn't belong cause that's what this was about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheat in a wheat product is normal and expected. You would have a case if they sneaked wheat into apple juice or whatever other product where it doesn't belong cause that's what this was about.
    You seriously don't understand how widely wheat is used as a filler, or how trace amounts can get into food made in the same production line ascwheat-based food.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're aware that a lot, if not most, sausages have wheat in them right?

Just as an example
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You seriously don't understand how widely wheat is used as a filler, or how trace amounts can get into food made in the same production line ascwheat-based food.
    No i get that but how is that even a counterpoint to "putting more unnecessary allergens in food is bad"? Its that some embrace the slippery slope and if some things are bad lets fuck it all up?