Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    EDIT:
    After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.

Original post:
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.

I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    Very good idea. But it exists - called Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Now what we DO need is a way to make dailies/weeklies/world quests rewarding without making them mandatory, as well as a way to integrate them into the world without making them too mundane and while we're at it we should think about the way they can be made more accessible for those with limited time.
    The impossible solution. When wow is about it goes like this

Does it exist? Yes
    Does it give rewards? Yes
    Is reward player power? Yes. Then the community cries about the mandatoryness of it
    if no then the community cries about how it is basically not really content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The impossible solution. When wow is about it goes like this

Does it exist? Yes
    Does it give rewards? Yes
    Is reward player power? Yes. Then the community cries about the mandatoryness of it
    if no then the community cries about how it is basically not really content in the game.
    Not exactly impossible, you just need to look at player power increases, as in you need to reduce them so that people stop caring so much about them.
    Axing like two "tiers" of itemlevels per raidtier would go a long way towards such goals, personally i suggest axing LFR and mythic loot and replacing them with appropriate amounts of normal and heroic loot respectively. Would also make mythic tuning much more sensible, since you know they won't ever outgear the challengemode while it's relevant content.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

After seeing Diablo immortal, wanting a season pass seems like a recipe for disaster.
    Blizzard should not be trusted to regulate and moderate their own monetization schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    EDIT:
    After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.

Original post:
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.

I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    Once I saw the title I said immediately fuck no. After I've read the post and got to the point where I have to pay for the battle pass I'll definitely say no. I don't think WoW is worth the $15 month subscription with the content they provide back to us so for me to shell out even more money for that feature is a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Once I saw the title I said immediately fuck no. After I've read the post and got to the point where I have to pay for the battle pass I'll definitely say no. I don't think WoW is worth the $15 month subscription with the content they provide back to us so for me to shell out even more money for that feature is a pass.
    A... season pass?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    A... season pass?
    I see what you did there XD

10+ Year Old Account
    i liked the first part of the title.

how about they go back to making the game fun by itself?
    so that people can't wait to login
    and when in, do whatever pleases them without a provided checklist
    like it used to be.
    instead of manipulating the players with boring chores and dailies and fomo progression.

all that, while also not having a season pass.
    there is a box price and a sub and microtransactions. why do we need a season pass?