Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    fuck no tenchars

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    EDIT:
    After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.

    Original post:
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

    But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

    And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

    But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.


    I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    This might very well be one of the worst ideas i've read on here.
    Have you considered giving vanilla classic a spin? Becausr that's the sort of flavorless grinding you're setting yourself up for, even if rewards keep rolling in.

    Now what we DO need is a way to make dailies/weeklies/world quests rewarding without making them mandatory, as well as a way to integrate them into the world without making them too mundane and while we're at it we should think about the way they can be made more accessible for those with limited time.

    Personally i would opt for a daily "inventory" or backlog, allowing you to access those you've missed for a given time (allowing, say, 7 dailies and two weeklies to be stored).

    As to the integration: Incorporate them into the goings on of your zone! I've suggested a supply mechanic in another thread, escorting supplies through the area could be a great mechanism for pvp dailies / pvp activities in general.

    As to mandatoriness: Stop being stingy with player power based on "skill" and cut off the head of the problem. Mythic needs no better gear than heroic; it's a challenge mode, idem for m+ and high pvp; the cosmetics can carry that just fine and the higher ilvl just contributes to statbloat and serves to obstruct those willing to try.


    Also: I have noticed some ideas seen on this forum making their way into the game, is suggesting something terrible your way to entice people to give better suggestions? Because it's certainly working that way.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  3. #103
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,618
    No, simply no.

    Daily quests and such are okay. As long as they are nothing forced onto people. Reputation through dungeons and grinds should be the way to go with new mounts, mogs, etc.

    The the insane title for example, even though it got a huge nerf many years ago with the DKF rep.. but still, that´s an example of how certain thigns should be obtainable in the game, and not by paying money...


    It sucks that all game content is slowly becoming a pay to unlock in most games. It is easily going to happen in wow too but it sucks, so it should be as delayed as possible and, ideally, never arrive.

  4. #104
    I like it, would incentivize me to play more
    Mighty one, never forget.

  5. #105
    Im guessing this went down in flames.

    We already pay a subscription so fuck a battle pass unless they make this game ftp.

    also knowing wow players someone would make a guide for the fastest most optimal way to level up your pass, people would google 'how to finish my pass fastest' and players would play the most degenerate way possible just to be optimal even if they hate it. Players will farm kobolds in elwyn forest for 5 hours straight to finish their pass, bitch that its awful that it FORCES them to play like that and also bitch that they have nothing to do for the rest of the month because they finished their battlepass.

    Dont believe me? nobody is forcing you to do dailies, you do them because it is optimal for time spent while waiting for other content. They are easy and offer decent rewards.

    When i hear things like this suggested i assume that players are just hoping blizz will roll the dice to shake up the game and they hope their favored content will luck out and be on top. If its not they will bitch that blizz fucked it up, if it is then they claim blizz did a good job and listened to all player feedback. If they change it they will bitch that it was changed.

    Now with all that aside i actually wouldnt mind a battlepass IN PLACE OF A SUBSCRIPTION. FTP models are generally degenerate though but blizz have been pushing FTP shit into wow anyway with the money for gold shit, cosmetics in shop and other things, so it would hardly be a big change and wow already has degenerately bad luck systems like trying to get low percentage transmog drops or mount drops. Honestly seeing them offer reroll purchaces for real money wouldnt be too surprising.

  6. #106
    its equal parts lame and ignorant to think that what is best for you as a gamer is best for everyone.
    please do tell, what content are you going to be grinding instead of dailies/weeklies? because the method that works best for you is just as or even more grindy than our current one, only you have no activities to be doing to acquire said scaling. what are you going to be doing for progress? spamming dungeons? raids? crafting? open world mobs? don tell me that you would make a series and set of quests that could be done every day or whenever you had time. ya know, dailies... its content, dont like it, dont play it...

  7. #107
    No, I dont want the game to be more convoluded than it needs to be. Buy game, pay sub. Ideally, everything they put into the game should be obtainable in-game. Meaning, no mounts, pets, gear(tmog)++ should be in the shop. Create wast and big content features within the game, use the old zones of the world(s) to justify putting a new mount into the game. Heck, make that grind/questline long and even tedious, but obtainable.

    Dailies/weeklies are more or less fine enough. The thing is, do you have to do it or is it optional? often times, these things gets quickly annoying when you are forced to grind it for whatever reason. Thats happend plenty of times in wow. Gotta grind it for rep, gotta grind it for X/Y item++.

    Keep the game clean & simple. Thats always been the strength of wow, more convoluded shite is not required and theres been enough of that already.

  8. #108
    a game that has a season pass in order to just login is not a game that needs to add another edition that provides mandatory content for more money.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I very much like this idea. First of all it works well with any game that shares this system.
    What does “it works well with other games” even mean? WoW doesn’t need to plug into other games. Do you have to physically shift gears in your brain coming from Battlefield into World of Warcraft?

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Second and most important, it allows for an individual player pace instead of the obligatory daily crap for petty rewards.
    1. If the rewards are petty, how can the daily crap be obligatory?

    2. Who is to say that an individual player pace is a good thing? What’s wrong with people playing the same game to be working on the same thing? Furthermore, who says there isn’t “individual player pace” now? I for one am not doing any Shadowlands dailies, for instance.

  10. #110
    As a progression/achievement system its fine I suppose but the idea of paying for it on top of a monthly subscription and paid expansions is laughable. Slap yourself.

  11. #111
    I am Murloc! Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Monégasque since 20-07-22
    Posts
    5,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    What does “it works well with other games” even mean? WoW doesn’t need to plug into other games. Do you have to physically shift gears in your brain coming from Battlefield into World of Warcraft?


    1. If the rewards are petty, how can the daily crap be obligatory?

    2. Who is to say that an individual player pace is a good thing? What’s wrong with people playing the same game to be working on the same thing? Furthermore, who says there isn’t “individual player pace” now? I for one am not doing any Shadowlands dailies, for instance.
    First of all noone ever said that wow must plug into other games. Don't make up stuff to argue non existent topics.

    To answer your questions:

    1. reputations
    2. Individuality is always a good thing. Only the mediocre fear it because it would show how bad they are.

    Go enjoy summer and don't bother.

  12. #112
    Scarab Lord Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?
    So you want pay to win, basically. On top of a sub fee, a box fee, and a microtransactions shop.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    EDIT:
    After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.

    Original post:
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

    But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

    And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

    But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.


    I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    Very good idea. But it exists - called Minecraft.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Now what we DO need is a way to make dailies/weeklies/world quests rewarding without making them mandatory, as well as a way to integrate them into the world without making them too mundane and while we're at it we should think about the way they can be made more accessible for those with limited time.
    The impossible solution. When wow is about it goes like this

    Does it exist? Yes
    Does it give rewards? Yes
    Is reward player power? Yes. Then the community cries about the mandatoryness of it
    if no then the community cries about how it is basically not really content in the game.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The impossible solution. When wow is about it goes like this

    Does it exist? Yes
    Does it give rewards? Yes
    Is reward player power? Yes. Then the community cries about the mandatoryness of it
    if no then the community cries about how it is basically not really content in the game.
    Not exactly impossible, you just need to look at player power increases, as in you need to reduce them so that people stop caring so much about them.
    Axing like two "tiers" of itemlevels per raidtier would go a long way towards such goals, personally i suggest axing LFR and mythic loot and replacing them with appropriate amounts of normal and heroic loot respectively. Would also make mythic tuning much more sensible, since you know they won't ever outgear the challengemode while it's relevant content.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  16. #116
    After seeing Diablo immortal, wanting a season pass seems like a recipe for disaster.
    Blizzard should not be trusted to regulate and moderate their own monetization schemes.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    EDIT:
    After reading the first page, I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way.
    I'm advocating for being able to play whatever content you want and everyone getting rewarded for it instead of having to do dailies, every day.
    Also, you might want to take a deep breath and wait a couple of minutes before you go bananas with the keyboard.

    Original post:
    Let's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    Now that Blizzard has bought a company to improve WoW quality, there should be more focus put on it being a game instead of a chore.
    Removing dailies/weeklies would mean less players online, which would mean lower population for pugs in dungeons/raids.

    But there is a solution for this - free season pass which levels up when you gain XP from killing monsters, doing raids, dungeons, pvp, gathering/crafting, etc.
    This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own. The thing MMO is about. Or they could do that by just doing their solo activities.

    And voila, suddenly players feel rewarded for playing the game their way. No need to do the dailies anymore. No one forced into things they don't want to do. Awesome, right?
    This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    Who wouldn't love this?

    But there's also potential to earn more money
    by making it a $10 paid season pass for those who want. This does not need to be on a monthly basis and instead be something that's rotated every 3 months. That would make it some $3.5/month which is most likely accessible to 90+% of WoW players.
    Rocket League has a great season pass system. You pay once and when you level up you earn the currency and at a certain level you have enough to buy the next season battle pass without paying more real money.


    I'm sure someone else thought about this? But I don't see any downsides to it. Do you?
    Once I saw the title I said immediately fuck no. After I've read the post and got to the point where I have to pay for the battle pass I'll definitely say no. I don't think WoW is worth the $15 month subscription with the content they provide back to us so for me to shell out even more money for that feature is a pass.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Once I saw the title I said immediately fuck no. After I've read the post and got to the point where I have to pay for the battle pass I'll definitely say no. I don't think WoW is worth the $15 month subscription with the content they provide back to us so for me to shell out even more money for that feature is a pass.
    A... season pass?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    A... season pass?
    I see what you did there XD

  20. #120
    Herald of the Titans Alex86el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greece/Germany/Australia
    Posts
    2,653
    i liked the first part of the title.

    how about they go back to making the game fun by itself?
    so that people can't wait to login
    and when in, do whatever pleases them without a provided checklist
    like it used to be.
    instead of manipulating the players with boring chores and dailies and fomo progression.

    all that, while also not having a season pass.
    there is a box price and a sub and microtransactions. why do we need a season pass?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •