Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DotA Dragon's blood, the Dracthyr and Evokers

That series gets so many things right, but am I alone in thinking that what happened to Davian right there is your model for how other races can become Evokers and use their dragon abilities.

They know how to present their concepts well, it is why I really feel warcraft does need a tv series.

Still how cool is that? I am fine with how Dracthyr came to be, though I wouldn't have done it that way. But the way Davian gets to become what he becomes, that's so cool
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-13 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. Can we have some minor explanation on what it is we're talking about?

And well, I can see Evoker make sense on other races in 2-3 expansions time but right now, only Dracthyr as it was invented on their isle, for them, by them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    That series gets so many things right, but am I alone in thinking that what happened to Davaian right there is your model for how other races can become Evokers and use their dragon abilities.

They know how to present their concepts well, it is why I really feel war art does need a tv series.

Still how cool is that? I am fine with how Dracthyr came to be, though I wouldnt have done it that way. But the way Davian gets to become what hebeco es, that's so cool
    What?

Like... What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What?

Like... What?
    This reads like OP had a 2am epiphany, posted it on MMO-Champ then passed out.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

And well, I can see Evoker make sense on other races in 2-3 expansions time but right now, only Dracthyr as it was invented on their isle, for them, by them.
    I assume he's talking about how Davion becomes half dragon because his soul gets merged with a elder wurm.

I guess in the context of WarCraft, he's suggesting that other races would mix their souls with dragons and be able to become Evokers. So essentially a DH but with dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I would rather not Blizzard introduce lore that involves dragons more-or-less possessing mortals in order to explain dragon-hybrid races that can also become humans... in order to give you the excuse to play a Night Elf Evoker. It doesn't fit.

You'll get your Night Elf visage form eventually. Can you not be patient?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I assume he's talking about how Davion becomes half dragon because his soul gets merged with a elder wurm.

I guess in the context of WarCraft, he's suggesting that other races would mix their souls with dragons and be able to become Evokers. So essentially a DH but with dragons.
    Aha... Seems a little risky for a dragon to permit. They can just as easily fix the race thing by expanding the visage options in the future.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

if you watched the series, you know how Dvain a human becomes someone who can become a dragon and dragonling as well as back to a man.

CAn't something like that be the explantion of how other races can become evokeres?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Exactly... the way they do it so cool

10+ Year Old Account
    if you watched the series, you know how Dvain a human becomes someone who can become a dragon and dragonling as well as back to a man.
    Didn't watch that show, and in WoW, we don't really have many indications of the ability of "becoming" a dragon.

I still think the most likely and the best solution would just be expanding the visage as said, I do not believe that Warcraft has anything of people being able to become a dragon. The essence of the dragons does not function the same way as that of the demons with Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No, I would rather not Blizzard introduce lore that involves dragons more-or-less possessing mortals in order to explain dragon-hybrid races that can also become humans... in order to give you the excuse to play a Night Elf Evoker. It doesn't fit.

You'll get your Night Elf visage form eventually. Can you not be patient?
    This is not about night elves. As far as I am concerned, the elven look of Dracthyr visage already scratches the elf itch.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    can someone explain to me what is even going on in this thread? I'm absolutely lost. Is Mace talking about some anime crap or something again?

7+ Year Old Account
    right there is your model for how other races can become Evokers and use their dragon abilities.
    Or, you know, they take the less convoluted option of just expanding their visage forms.

Without some weird lore excuse about dragon possession.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    can someone explain to me what is even going on in this thread? I'm absolutely lost. Is Mace talking about some anime crap or something again?
    Had to look it up. It is an anime show that I haven't watched, but the topic is that he's suggesting other races can become (merge with) dragons I believe I understood it, as an excuse as to how to let other races be Evokers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    This reads like OP had a 2am epiphany, posted it on MMO-Champ then passed out.
    LoL Rofl.... really out loud.

Sounds like an excellent example of how not to do such things.

Of all the many powers one can narratively give to a dragon, shapeshifting is by far the worst.

That series gets so many things right, but am I alone in thinking that what happened to Davian right there is your model for how other races can become Evokers and use their dragon abilities.

They know how to present their concepts well, it is why I really feel warcraft does need a tv series.

Still how cool is that? I am fine with how Dracthyr came to be, though I wouldn't have done it that way. But the way Davian gets to become what he becomes, that's so cool
    maybe explain better next time dude, half of ppl here are lost

Had to look it up. It is an anime show that I haven't watched, but the topic is that he's suggesting other races can become (merge with) dragons I believe I understood it, as an excuse as to how to let other races be Evokers.
    Yep, simple and neat, also pretty cool if you watched it. Good show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Sounds like an excellent example of how not to do such things.

Of all the many powers one can narratively give to a dragon, shapeshifting is by far the worst.
    They do it in a different way in that universe, ofc, but I'm not sure why shapeshifting is such a bad thing - in wow all it does is allow the dragons to disgusie themselves, and explains why they're almsot legendary creatures amongst the human populace.

or do you mean the Dracthyr specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Like every other thread he makes, it's just a roundabout excuse to talk about how he's obsessed with elves and really wants to play elves.

Specifically, his other four "I love elves, let me be an elf evoker" threads were all dead, so he decided the reasonable and logical thing to do was to make a fifth thread about the same thing, with the laughably thin veil of "stuff happened in a totally unrelated series from a different IP, what do you think about the implications of that meaning that I can play an elf evoker?"

They do it in a different way in that universe, ofc, but I'm not sure why shapeshifting is such a bad thing - in wow all it does is allow the dragons to disgusie themselves, and explains why they're almsot legendary creatures amongst the human populace.
    Pfft. Dota (or any MOBA) will never have lore worth a damn, no matter how much money they throw at their TV shows. Dragon Knight is, and always will be, just a hopped-up Wc3 Blood Elf Captain.

Shapeshifting dragons are bad because it is an ability that is invariably used to reduce the dragon-ness of the dragon in favor of "convenience". In the worst cases, it is also used to push the worst kind of cosmetic nonsense in the form of tasteless half-dragon designs or similar garbage which claims to be a dragon but which features human skin blended with scales. Such design are invariably atrocious.