Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That's a rather ridiculous strawman. Nobody is arguing that they want to waste time doing things they don't want to do.

Your idea is only half fleshed out, what content is currently locked behind world quests that would instead be in the battle pass?

How does the Battle Pass deal with the concept that WQ's have varying rewards, and a lot of players only do the WQ's which specifically grant the reward that player is looking to get?

Why are any of these ideas worth paying for?
    I'm not saying that world quest content should be copied to a battle pass. I'm saying that it should be completely removed.
    What are the rewards for world quests anyway? A chest with a random reward? Anima? Some random item you don't need?

Season pass could have all from gold to crafting materials, anima, exclusive transmog items, chests with random items that can grant all from gold to legacy raid transmogs, mounts, etc.
    There would be something for everyone and those rewards they would get by doing any activity they enjoy, be it gathering, crafting, pvp, raids, dungeons, explorations, archaeology, etc etc etc.
    Why should you be forced into doing a raid world quest late in the week before reset when there are no groups? And feeling bad because you won't be able to complete it? Or forced to log in early so you can find a group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    We need to open the eyes of the WoW players.

It feels like they have always played WoW and nothing else, So they don’t know systems found in other game.
    Exactly :-)
    As MMOs are my favorite genre, I have touched everything that is out there. There are some great systems that can be used in WoW to improve a game that let's be honest, is one of the best MMOs out there that turned into a chore.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2022-08-05 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So you'd rather waste your time on things you don't want to do instead of wasting your time on things you want to do?
    I'm not sure many people share the same idea.
    And before you comment "I like dailies" - this thread is not about me or you.
    Seems that you just refuse to understand why people don't like this. If you take the "mandatory" dailies and place them into a battle pass it's exactly the same shit.
    And there is absolutely no need to have extra rewards for doing activities, you get rewards from the activities themselves. This was the whole point of people demanding that the mandatory systems and grinds get removed so people can do whatever they like, not trade a system for another. It's even worse that you advocate to add cash to it.
    Basically going from "Do 5 dailies for whatever" to "Do 5 dailies for the battle pass to get 10 bonus x materials (50 if you spend 10 euros)" is a retarded idea.

OP already edited his post to reflect that he is in no way ready to listen to arguments that counteract his own. Dead thread

tbh, who cares? (besides the few thousand remaining players)

DF will be BfA or SL 3.0. the next, even more halfassed, cheapshit, cost effective xpac, to milk the cow. that company will wether evolve anything (regardless in which way), nor will things get „any better“ or „big changes“. the reality is: they stripe and streamline all that shit more and more and more, to press even a bit more milk out of that dying cow, to compensate a bit all the players, they lost with their milking. and DF will even less invest, less content, more recycling, more cost efficient, more simple, less quality, and more cheap. it’s a downward spiral and it will continue, cause this is their concept. and they stick to it.

so, again: who gives a F? this thread will not even become more than 5 pages long, before it gets stalled, because the most ppl realized what’s wow about these days and are already out of the door. so imo it’s useless to talk about „some crazy evolve-ideas“, when it’s obvious that the exact opposite will happen.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-05 at 09:24 AM.

One thing is sure with Blizzard....if they add season pass, it'll be a paid one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, here's a controversial idea. Keep it as it is, and if you genuinely only log in for dailies/weekly, then unsubscribe and take a break. There are many who actually play the game, and who don't force themselves to transform the game into a set of chores.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    OP already edited his post to reflect that he is in no way ready to listen to arguments that counteract his own. Dead thread
    Dead thread. i agree. for obvious reasons and foremost cause not many ppl will care these days. because they are gone.

just try to find Det on mmoc. just as some random example. he posted 35k+ over 12 years. away. since a year or more. at least i have not seen anything from him, since a long time. since after the first few SL months. and he is just 1 of many. i don’t know him in any way. but he was here. always. as many others too. and he seems gone. as many others too.

so, yes. as with the most threads these days: Dead thread.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-05 at 09:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Seems that you just refuse to understand why people don't like this. If you take the "mandatory" dailies and place them into a battle pass it's exactly the same shit.
    And there is absolutely no need to have extra rewards for doing activities, you get rewards from the activities themselves. This was the whole point of people demanding that the mandatory systems and grinds get removed so people can do whatever they like, not trade a system for another. It's even worse that you advocate to add cash to it.
    Basically going from "Do 5 dailies for whatever" to "Do 5 dailies for the battle pass to get 10 bonus x materials (50 if you spend 10 euros)" is a retarded idea.
    No, it's not about the rewards. It's about getting rid of the dailies completely.
    I think you misunderstood the whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    And what counter arguments are we talking about exactly?

This?
    Diablo Immortal that way ----> you can pass there all you want.
    Or this?
    Of all the many, shitty ideas I've read over the past few years this is, by far, the worst and shittiest. Bravo!
    Maybe this?
    You wanna have battlepass? Go play battlefield.
    You wanna have seasoned story mode? Hey check out Guild wars 2 . I belive you like it. Do you think people interacte more cuz of it? No..
    How about this?
    Please get over urself. You dont like how wow is? Don’t play. And let us who enjoy it in peace without ur idiotic idea of how you think the game could change to fit 1 person.
    Or you thought about this part?
    Go and play games that offer that shit instead of trying to ruin the game others like.

The world doenst revolve around you and ur needs and belving that there is people that think like you do. Ye mbey, but ur are a minority in that. Even if a 1000 people here would agree with you. That wouldnt represent the player base. And yes blizzard tends to read even this forum. But they also know that the majority who dont write here enjoy the game and they do know that people with idiotic ideas like yours are a very very very very Small minority of the playerbas.

And yes i read all of ur shit..

Hence i recommend games that has those systems. Go play them
    There's however more so I'm not sure if you mean this counter argument?
    Please never write your ideas ever again thank you very much. Seasonal shite is one of the many cancerous mechanics the modern game rely on to waste your time and money. WoW already has some parts of it. No need to run it even deeper.
    How about this awesome counter argument?
    Coming up with a dumb arse idea is useless.
    There is no such thing as none arguemt.
    Cuz you cannot arguement on that doesnt make it none arguement..
    That's just from the first page, and then you come up with this:

No, it's not about the rewards. It's about getting rid of the dailies completely.
    I think you misunderstood the whole thing.
    To what end exactly? They're not mandatory and they're only meaningful to certain type of players.
    What exactly would be the gain to remove dailies that ask you to kill mobs and put the kill mobs target on another thing? What is the difference?

I'm not saying that world quest content should be copied to a battle pass. I'm saying that it should be completely removed.
    What are the rewards for world quests anyway? A chest with a random reward? Anima? Some random item you don't need?

Season pass could have all from gold to crafting materials, anima, exclusive transmog items, chests with random items that can grant all from gold to legacy raid transmogs, mounts, etc.
    There would be something for everyone and those rewards they would get by doing any activity they enjoy, be it gathering, crafting, pvp, raids, dungeons, explorations, archaeology, etc etc etc.
    Right, but in a battle pass, you get one reward per level. So say I'm a player who only does the Anima WQ's, because Anima is what I'm interested in. Each day I do the 4-5 WQ's that reward Anima, and ignore the rest.

Suddenly, in your BP world, I may only get Anima every 5-6 levels(If we assume the rewards are pretty evenly spread). Now I log in, and suddenly I've got to do _some_ amount of content to earn BP levels I don't care about, just so I can get to rewards I DO care about.

I don't think the idea of a BP in WoW is an inherently bad idea, Renown was a BP, just gated to 2-3 a week at first. It gave us mounts, titles, various resources, and was obtainable from basically any content you could think of.

I think it could continue to work going forwards(And it seems Blizzard agrees, given they've already mentioned that the Dragonflight Reps are going to work like Renown in DF), I just don't believe it's a good idea to remove WQ's and Dailies for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

" I'm beginning to think people just want to be force fed things and told what to do instead of having a choice of doing things their way."

This sentence shows that it is a moot point trying to argue about how the game is currently. You are at the opinion that dailies are in some way required (depends on content, Zereth mortis is currently needed for unity, other than that no daily is required), and people that differ from your opinion "just want to be force fed".

So yeah.. no point in talking to ya.

Seems like shit idea to be blunt. Let's go back to having difficulty curves instead of grinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I kind of like the daily quest grind. I wake up and do my dailies with my coffee. It's a great morning routine for a couple of months.

I enjoyed dailies and WQs a lot when I was playing. I don't like PvP, should I also make a post debating how removing PvP would make the game better? I'll be honest, I haven't played SL since the first month after it launched, but I don't remember WQs being mandatory. I think they hit that sweet spot where dailies (WQs) are rewarding enough for the amount of effort they take to complete, but are in no way the best way to get AP or gear or whatever else, and, as far as I know, there won't be an AP grind in DF, right? So why worry about something that's most likely not even going to be a part of the "main grind" anymore anyway? O_O

you see an issue based of facts that are completely distorted and search for a solution that is barely related to the issue you noted... This thread will not go well

et's be honest. How many of you play the game (not log in, play) because of daily/weekly quests?
    I do. I wouldn't subscribe without them. In fact, WQ are pretty much all I do these days.

Games like this need structure. Goals to follow. Giving buffs for grinding won't make people grind. The best example was the research rep from Korthia. To do it you'd have to kill rares otherwise you were getting almost no progression. Most people just didn't do it, not seeing any structure to their goal.

Personally, I don't see the plus in what you suggest. I have limited time to play. Checking off a few things feels like I did something. And doesn't feel like I'm missing out because I have less time to play than others.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-08-05 at 11:17 AM.

A battle pass in itself is not a bad thing, it becomes bad either when it isn't linked properly to the activities proposed ingame, and when there is a paid version. So as long as WoW dodges these two things, I'm fine with them including one
    MMO Champs :

This would increase player interactivity instead of everyone playing on their own.
    sounds like you havent played wow in LONG time...

1. currently there is not a single daily q you are "forced" to do, literaly none, only current reputation you need is in ZM which can be done without doing SINGLE daily q, via world boss and killing rares (and weekly q which can be done via killing rares), plus ofc campaign (which you need anyway at least once)
    2. everything adding to your progres is neat idea, i wish i could just get into the game and do pvp and be rewarded for it ...wait a minute... i can... right now, without any issues...
    3. your "solution" wouldnt help with interaction at all, killing mobs together? go to ZM and find a group to kill any rare, there is usualy zero interaction, if its a group to kill multiple then all interaction is usualy just people saying which rare is up...

This season/battle pass could include everything from gold to crafting mats to transmog items, mounts and currency you need to improve gear.
    so instead of "forced" (lol at this) dailies you would be "forced" to progress through battle pass, which would be more inconvenient, bcs instead of one dungeon/daily q/whatever your reward would be locked behind god knows how much stuff...
    basicaly you would trade one chore for another more complicated and forcefuly implemented chore...
    goood job! /s

But I don't see any downsides to it.
    you have to be troll, how can you seriously mean you dont see any downsides to it... honestly i strugle to find any UPSIDES to this... thing
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-08-05 at 11:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya that's a good way to make me quit wow forever. Keep that season pass crap out.