Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    The issue is the community is too toxic.
    I cannot say i agree because if majority of players are fine with this behaviour and partake in it, i become the exception. It's up to Blizzard to choose who they want to support and how they want the game to be played.

The fact boosting isn't straight out "banned" (not realistically possible, but they could take a way harder stance against it) but they just told people "do your business in the other, less visible room" explains a lot to me. Whether they like it or not, it's something that makes a lot of people stay subbed or buy tokens or whatever - the most important metric is that partecipation to activites is artificially inflated and that can be sold as "look, we did a good thing and players love doing it".
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I cannot say i agree because if majority of players are fine with this behaviour and partake in it, i become the exception. It's up to Blizzard to choose who they want to support and how they want the game to be played.

The fact boosting isn't straight out "banned" (not realistically possible, but they could take a way harder stance against it) but they just told people "do your business in the other, less visible room" explains a lot to me. Whether they like it or not, it's something that makes a lot of people stay subbed or buy tokens or whatever - the most important metric is that partecipation to activites is artificially inflated and that can be sold as "look, we did a good thing and players love doing it".
    Or they can make content where you can't carry people coz player needs to know the fight and put their own weight. Like in FFXIV (again using it coz I play) is hard to say bring a carry to ulimate or savage raid since each person have to know the fights and actually do damage and have personalty responsibilty. If one person is lacking is very hard to carry them. Easier content like dungeons and normal raids sure you don't need to know much mechanics but those are meant to be pug like LFR and heroic dungeons.

Or they can make content where you can't carry people coz player needs to know the fight and put their own weight.
    It exists, it's called mythic raids, high end m+/pvp. The fact it requires every player to bring its own weight immediately translates in a huge drop in partecipation.

Remeber, while we all agree here that 15s are more or less on the easy side, in the end a third pf the players actually do them - factor in the boosted people and you can see where the actual medium player skill level lies.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The only "problem" with boosting is the scope it reached nowadays and the fact It's become the new standard for a lot of players.
    Go on raider.io website, search for just 3 characters who are boosted and tell me how long that took you.

I think I met exactly one boosted player while pugging my way to KSM multiple times. It was an overgeared/underskilled dude in a +9 who had a single 15 every week and fucked around below 10 for his own enjoyment.

Boost ads are off the roof, but I don't think the number of boosted players is anywhere near what the amount of advertisements suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Go on raider.io website, search for just 3 characters who are boosted and tell me how long that took you.

I think I met exactly one boosted player while pugging my way to KSM multiple times. It was an overgeared/underskilled dude in a +9 who had a single 15 every week and fucked around below 10 for his own enjoyment.

Boost ads are off the roof, but I don't think the number of boosted players is anywhere near what the amount of advertisements suggest.
    How do you tell who is boosted just from raider.io unless it's blatantly obvious because they're buying from well known boosters?
    Last edited by lllll; 2022-09-27 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

I agree only partially. The point is that a lot of people who actually like to play and push M+ for example, immediately buy boosts because they want to skip the whole "increase your r.io and keys level" beggining phase - then they actually play and are likely skilled players, but don't want to deal with the 1-to-15 part of the system.

Also, boosted player retention is the lowest. Most of them just buy the boost to get some kind of objective and then stop playing that content. So while it's true you don't really see many boosted players in the lower brackets, actually most of them either stopped or are playing at a high level pretty competently.

Or they can make content where you can't carry people coz player needs to know the fight and put their own weight. Like in FFXIV (again using it coz I play) is hard to say bring a carry to ulimate or savage raid since each person have to know the fights and actually do damage and have personalty responsibilty. If one person is lacking is very hard to carry them. Easier content like dungeons and normal raids sure you don't need to know much mechanics but those are meant to be pug like LFR and heroic dungeons.
    Mythic fights have insane personal responsibility lol. It's just that people can suicide 1 sec into the fight and eventually the best guilds in the world can easily manage without 1 dps.

Like there's literally no possible way to tune a 20 person raid to make boosting impossible without also making it impossible for anyone but Echo lol

The Patient
    If Blizzard allows you to buy gold with real money, and also allows players to sell services for gold, then the game supports real money boosting via WoW tokens. Since that's the case, the game is pay to win if you're a dishonest person who buys achievements/accomplishments.

My only problem with boosting was how in your face it was. Now you don't have to see it if don't want to.