Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    It is already supported by blizzard? it has been for 8 years, it's called WoW tokens

They knew what they were doing, what else would people spend gold on
    in a way yes. but to really support it they could also create a contract system in game involving gold, dates, and a triggered event (quest, achievement, stat, etc), and help people with their CS. maybe they'll do that one day to centralize boosting into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Boosting isn't a cheat though is it.
    If it wasn't specifically stated in the ToS - we could argue whether or not it's cheating. And there would definitely be valid arguments for both sides.
    But it's against the rules and provides an unfair advantage.
    Edit: We are in the big league now if say a booster is backed by a company and brings up legal action against discord, they ll have a hell of a bad time explaining why they denied service on such grounds. This isn't the typical, "you did something bad heres your 3 day ban" this is about thousands of euro/dollars changing hands daily. Definitely a crime around tax evasion if you ask me but since they dont portray it as such the case would be dropped even if they want arbitration etc.
    Discord can ban for any reason.

Edit: We are in the big league now if say a booster is backed by a company and brings up legal action against discord, they ll have a hell of a bad time explaining why they denied service on such grounds. This isn't the typical, "you did something bad heres your 3 day ban" this is about thousands of euro/dollars changing hands daily. Definitely a crime around tax evasion if you ask me but since they dont portray it as such the case would be dropped even if they want arbitration etc.
    100% IS FUNNY coz a lot of people think the top guilds will never sell boost for gold or real money..... but that's exactly what they do on their alts. How do they come with all that gold to have other do split runs with them(some top guild was paying 100m or more to get people to do split runs).

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If you think ESO has the brand power of Warcraft you are mistaken lol. WoW would sell more gamepass subs, I never see advertisements for ESO or Fallout, I see plenty for Warcraft everywhere.
    You do realize advertising is targeted, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

If you think ESO has the brand power of Warcraft you are mistaken lol. WoW would sell more gamepass subs, I never see advertisements for ESO or Fallout, I see plenty for Warcraft everywhere.
    Sorry but I kinda cannot belive in a video game marketing predictions from someone who does not know how ads work.

10+ Year Old Account

Meaning the booster broke even Blizzard's ToS. Discord can ban and delete as they see fit, it is their platform.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-08-05 at 09:13 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not trying to be a smartass but if discord banned accounts with specific explanation "selling cheats" and this wasn't the case then discord is in breach of its contractual obligations since the end user and discord enter a contractual relationship when one offers the services and the other accepts them.

Discord would be right to ban if stating "because I can" but they didn't. There is reference: "Your account participated in selling, promoting, or distributing cheats, hacks, or cracked accounts.".

While this may fly against me and you because we are simple users, a company that was made to promote boosting services and makes big money from it would seek amends for such a decision since the excuse for the ban is inconsistent with the supposed breach and the actual operations.

I am 100% blizzard paid to have this done. Hopefully they will pay the lawyers discord will need too :P
    "If you are using the services on behalf of a business or legal entity and not in an individual capacity, then you will indemnify and hold Discord and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, and costs (including reasonable legal and accounting fees) related to (a) your access to or use of our services, (b) your content, or (c) your violation of these terms."

The most baffling phenomenon on the internet the last 10 years has been the number of people who think that because a service is free there is some legal obligation to never deny service to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to be a smartass but if discord banned accounts with specific explanation "selling cheats" and this wasn't the case then discord is in breach of its contractual obligations since the end user and discord enter a contractual relationship when one offers the services and the other accepts them.

Discord would be right to ban if stating "because I can" but they didn't. There is reference: "Your account participated in selling, promoting, or distributing cheats, hacks, or cracked accounts.".

While this may fly against me and you because we are simple users, a company that was made to promote boosting services and makes big money from it would seek amends for such a decision since the excuse for the ban is inconsistent with the supposed breach and the actual operations.

I am 100% blizzard paid to have this done. Hopefully they will pay the lawyers discord will need too :P
    Do you honestly believe that the Discord ToS doesn't contain the same language every ToS on the planet does about being able to refuse service for any reason at any time?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I am sure it does but the official explanation given doesn't use this wording and so it is open to be appealed against. In fact I wonder why they didn't just go with a "my service my right to do as I please" and be done with it.
    Appealed to who? Discord themselves? Gee, I wonder who they will rule in favor of.

Just because they provided an explanation doesn't mean that anyone is entitled to an explanation, nor does it entitle them to accuracy in an explanation, nor does it entitle them to challenge Discord's definition of the word "cheat".
    -ynnady

Yes they can do as they please and thats why I wonder why the abstract explanation for the bans. I don't argue what they did I am happy and fine with it but I don't understand why they back it up with an explanation that leaves them open to retort.

Boosting of such scale certainly holds an interest for the authorities for tax evasion, fraud, anti-trust breaches and many many other legal issues. Either way just making conversation I am very interested to learn the thoughts behind this.

- - - Updated - - -

From discord ToS:

"Our right to terminate. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and/or your access to some or all of our services with or without notice, at our discretion"

"Settling disputes between you and Discord
    Informal resolution. Most disputes can be resolved informally, so if you have an issue with the services, let’s consult with each other first. Before pursuing formal legal action, you agree to try to resolve a dispute with us informally by sending notice to disputes@discord.com.If you reside in the European Union, you may also be entitled to submit your complaint to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform. ODR allows EU consumers to resolve disputes related to the online purchases of goods and services without going to court.Governing law and jurisdiction. The Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and California law will apply to these terms and any disputes related to these terms or our services, regardless of conflict of laws rules. Any of these disputes that are not subject to arbitration will be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts in San Francisco County, California, and you and Discord both consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in these courts.If you are a consumer residing in the European Union, this clause and these terms in general do not affect any mandatory consumer rights you may have under your local law, and all disputes arising in connection with the services and/or these terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Amsterdam, the Netherlands or, if you are a consumer, to a court closer to your domicile if in an EU Member State.".

So, one more time: When using your right to terminate, use your right to terminate not something random that is likely to drop the case if it goes to court.
    The European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution is for disputing things you have rights in regards to. You don't have a right to use Discord for any specific purpose. This is delusional. There is no right to have a channel for boosting in WoW. Do you actually believe that out there, in the real world, in a real country, there exists a Constitution or some other legal document that says you have a right to run a channel for video game boosting services in any platform you want?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You do realize advertising is targeted, right?
    Not all of it is targeted, gamepass advertising for example advertises the same shit to everybody aside from a small row dedicated to similar games you have played.

It's interesting that so many people hate boosting and want something done to stop boosting and its associated spam, and yet Blizzard steadfastly refuses to do the one and only thing that would stop boosting in its tracks: make content that is fun by itself regardless of reward for every level of play.

So long as Blizzard insists that the only way to have fun in WoW is by getting shiny rewards that are better the more complicated acquiring them is, you will always see people willing to pay money to skip the non-fun parts of the game to get what they want. Content should at least be fun, preferably whether it's rewarding or not.

Not all of it is targeted, gamepass advertising for example advertises the same shit to everybody aside from a small row dedicated to similar games you have played.
    Thats gamepass advertising - my dad doesnt see any gamepass advertising. You know why? He never looks at anything game related online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Honestly, I'm surprised you don't get WoW token ads beamed directly into your skull with the level of obsession you seem to have with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    It's interesting that so many people hate boosting and want something done to stop boosting and its associated spam, and yet Blizzard steadfastly refuses to do the one and only thing that would stop boosting in its tracks: make content that is fun by itself regardless of reward for every level of play.

So long as Blizzard insists that the only way to have fun in WoW is by getting shiny rewards that are better the more complicated acquiring them is, you will always see people willing to pay money to skip the non-fun parts of the game to get what they want. Content should at least be fun, preferably whether it's rewarding or not.
    That's a lot of words to say that you want Mythic gear for doing dailies.

It doesn't matter what Discord does, all that matters is what Blizz does. Blizz hasn't announced any policy changes so no, boosting communities are not gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    If it wasn't specifically stated in the ToS - we could argue whether or not it's cheating. And there would definitely be valid arguments for both sides.
    But it's against the rules and provides an unfair advantage.
    Boosting isn't against the rules? What's going on here lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Utter nonsense. You're smoking crack if you think Discord can be sued for closing any given channel for any given reason.

if i dont feel like sinking the time into getting the gear, im paying for it. plain and simple. nothing will stop me, nothing CAN stop me. You'll never stop voluntary transactions between two consenting parties. stop trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    if i dont feel like sinking the time into getting the gear, im paying for it. plain and simple. nothing will stop me, nothing CAN stop me. You'll never stop voluntary transactions between two consenting parties.
    Good for you. Probably not. Doesn't mean it can't be drastically reduced and made more difficult though. For example, if it can be proved that you have partaken in such activities, your account can be outright banned, thus making you go back to having nothing at all with a new account. Sounds good, right? The harder they make it, the less people are willing to take the risk.

stop trying.
    Ummmmm.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That's a lot of words to say that you want Mythic gear for doing dailies.
    I literally pointed out that what is needed is a fun experience and not rewards. Did you even read that "lot of words" or just jump into kneejerk mode by habit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Token actually is less bad thing if all boosting becomes bannable. It loses most of it's p2w power.