Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Not trying to be a smartass but if discord banned accounts with specific explanation "selling cheats" and this wasn't the case then discord is in breach of its contractual obligations since the end user and discord enter a contractual relationship when one offers the services and the other accepts them.

    Discord would be right to ban if stating "because I can" but they didn't. There is reference: "Your account participated in selling, promoting, or distributing cheats, hacks, or cracked accounts.".

    While this may fly against me and you because we are simple users, a company that was made to promote boosting services and makes big money from it would seek amends for such a decision since the excuse for the ban is inconsistent with the supposed breach and the actual operations.

    I am 100% blizzard paid to have this done. Hopefully they will pay the lawyers discord will need too :P
    Utter nonsense. You're smoking crack if you think Discord can be sued for closing any given channel for any given reason.

  2. #62
    if i dont feel like sinking the time into getting the gear, im paying for it. plain and simple. nothing will stop me, nothing CAN stop me. You'll never stop voluntary transactions between two consenting parties. stop trying.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    if i dont feel like sinking the time into getting the gear, im paying for it. plain and simple. nothing will stop me, nothing CAN stop me. You'll never stop voluntary transactions between two consenting parties.
    Good for you. Probably not. Doesn't mean it can't be drastically reduced and made more difficult though. For example, if it can be proved that you have partaken in such activities, your account can be outright banned, thus making you go back to having nothing at all with a new account. Sounds good, right? The harder they make it, the less people are willing to take the risk.

    stop trying.
    Ummmmm.

    No.

  4. #64
    Stood in the Fire VMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That's a lot of words to say that you want Mythic gear for doing dailies.
    I literally pointed out that what is needed is a fun experience and not rewards. Did you even read that "lot of words" or just jump into kneejerk mode by habit?

  5. #65
    Mechagnome Ihazpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the land of midnight sun.
    Posts
    522
    Token actually is less bad thing if all boosting becomes bannable. It loses most of it's p2w power.

  6. #66
    I am Murloc! Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Monégasque since 20-07-22
    Posts
    5,253
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution is for disputing things you have rights in regards to. You don't have a right to use Discord for any specific purpose. This is delusional. There is no right to have a channel for boosting in WoW. Do you actually believe that out there, in the real world, in a real country, there exists a Constitution or some other legal document that says you have a right to run a channel for video game boosting services in any platform you want?
    It’s weird that you use the word “delusional” and then try to teach me what ODR is because that’s the discord own rules. Discord itself says go to ODR, not me. Oh and it says it’s in addition to any other legal action in national courts where of course the damages sought are not in relation to gaming but in relation to actual monetary damages.

    Also you should probably come to understand but breach of rights is a breach regardless of what the right was being used for. Since there is not a single word in Discord ToS regarding “boosting” and as such it is a service being provided that doesn’t fall under any scope, it is pretty clear that discord used the wrong explanation to fix the issue at hand thus putting themselves in danger of being appealed for wrongful behavior.

    If you read me more carefully you would have understood that the argument I made was very simple: Since you can do as you please say that you do as you please don’t say you punish someone for something they clearly didn’t do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Utter nonsense. You're smoking crack if you think Discord can be sued for closing any given channel for any given reason.
    What an educated response. I find it sad and pathetic that you get so aggravated when you clearly didn’t even bother to read. But hey at least you got that out of your system you seem pretty desperate to offend someone.

    P.S. It’s funny how you say “discord can’t be sued” when discord throws 2 pages of all legal actions that can be taken in relation to claims against discord. Even funnier that you think that somehow anything internet based is exempt from the laws that apply.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You'll never stop voluntary transactions between two consenting parties. stop trying.
    Life is full of laws doing exactly that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Token actually is less bad thing if all boosting becomes bannable. It loses most of it's p2w power.
    They did not ban boosting, they banned large scale boosting under suspicion of RMT. If they were sure that the discord large scale boosting was using tokens they would have left it be. That’s the level of blizzard hypocrisy we are talking about.

  7. #67
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised you don't get WoW token ads
    Does such even exist? I'm being serious. For, I hardly see WoW ads anymore, nothing is blocked. I see two on Facebook, a Horde and Alliance one for returning heroes, nothing else. Nothing about extra sales, or even Dragonflight for the matter. It is a bit weird, almost worrisome that they don't make themselves more publicly visible, but then again after seeing how some of their competitors do it, I don't mind. I'm spammed by FFXIV and ESO ads to the point where I have to report them for being outright spam and block their pages (I don't play FFXIV anymore, and ESO has been a no-go for a long time).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Token is not going anywhere. It produces them 15 dollars every time someone buys one or sells one with no effort of their own. The only way token gets removed if there is a gold reset but that would make the whales mad.
    How does a player selling a token make them 15 dollars? Kinda makes your whole post null if you don't even understand how the token works.

  9. #69
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,771
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    How does a player selling a token make them 15 dollars? Kinda makes your whole post null if you don't even understand how the token works.
    Dunno, the user you commented on might have done the numbers?

    5 dollar profit for generating a digital game currency, and 15 dollars to cover another player's game time. So, they earn an extra 5 dollars pr. token sold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Dunno, the user you commented on might have done the numbers?

    5 dollar profit for generating a digital game currency, and 15 dollars to cover another player's game time. So, they earn an extra 5 dollars pr. token sold.
    That's a "bit" far-fetched considering he said It produces them 15 dollars every time someone buys or sells a token, but nice try.

    It only produces them dollars when someone buys the token from their shop, period.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-08-06 at 09:24 AM.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Does such even exist? I'm being serious. For, I hardly see WoW ads anymore, nothing is blocked. I see two on Facebook, a Horde and Alliance one for returning heroes, nothing else. Nothing about extra sales, or even Dragonflight for the matter. It is a bit weird, almost worrisome that they don't make themselves more publicly visible, but then again after seeing how some of their competitors do it, I don't mind. I'm spammed by FFXIV and ESO ads to the point where I have to report them for being outright spam and block their pages (I don't play FFXIV anymore, and ESO has been a no-go for a long time).
    God those WoW facebook ads they are so bad I thought it was one of those copy-paste mobile ads using stolen graphics initially :'D

  12. #72
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,771
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    That's a "bit" far-fetched considering he said It produces them 15 dollars every time someone buys or sells a token, but nice try.

    It only produces them dollars when someone buys the token from their shop, period.
    What? "Nice try"?

    1 token = 20 dollars.
    1 token = 1 month game time + 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k).
    1 month game time = 15 dollars.
    300k digital generated currency = 5 dollars.

    1 player = 15 dollars
    1 player with 300k gold = 0 dollars from that player
    1 player with 20 dollars = 5 dollars from that player, and 15 dollars to a player with 300k gold.

    1 token = 20 dollar B.net currency as well.

    Every time a token is purchased, they earn 20 dollars, 5 extra from the one buying it to convert for gold, and 15 covering the one buying it for gold.

    In the budget of players and sellers, Blizzard earns 5 dollars extra for offering you a safe digital trade of an online currency. And you, the player, pay 15 dollars to another player for 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k), so, 0,00005 dollars pr. gold which is then used to buy game time or b.net digital currency.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    God those WoW facebook ads they are so bad I thought it was one of those copy-paste mobile ads using stolen graphics initially :'D
    I miss the old WoW ads, now it is just ESO and FFXIV ads that look like something from a mobile game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What? "Nice try"?

    1 token = 20 dollars.
    1 token = 1 month game time + 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k).
    1 month game time = 15 dollars.
    300k digital generated currency = 5 dollars.

    1 player = 15 dollars
    1 player with 300k gold = 0 dollars from that player
    1 player with 20 dollars = 5 dollars from that player, and 15 dollars to a player with 300k gold.

    1 token = 20 dollar B.net currency as well.

    Every time a token is purchased, they earn 20 dollars, 5 extra from the one buying it to convert for gold, and 15 covering the one buying it for gold.

    In the budget of players and sellers, Blizzard earns 5 dollars extra for offering you a safe digital trade of an online currency. And you, the player, pay 15 dollars to another player for 300k gold (If EU, I +/- 25k), so, 0,00005 dollars pr. gold which is then used to buy game time or b.net digital currency.
    Nice try as in posting something that isn't in any way relevant for the post I made. My critic was towards him saying that someone selling the token generates dollars, which de facto does not. Your long post about how token is 5$ more than a sub has nothing to do with that.

    I mean even in your long explanation you don't mention a single time that someone selling the token generates dollars. Do you understand now? Your not wrong, your just taking about a different thing without understanding the whole point.

    And by the way, the 5$ is not for generating the 300k currency, but for the convenient trade of it from one player to another. The 300k is already generated by the time of transaction.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-08-06 at 10:29 AM.

  14. #74
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,771
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Nice try as in posting something that isn't in any way relevant for the post I made. My critic was towards him saying that someone selling the token generates dollars, which de facto does not. Your long post about how token is 5$ more than a sub has nothing to do with that.

    I mean even in your long explanation you don't mention a single time that someone selling the token generates dollars. Do you understand now? Your not wrong, your just taking about a different thing without understanding the whole point.
    Ugh.. I may have misread, to a point of including "buy orsell". There is no "nice try" in it. Yeah, no, the token sale earns them the coin, there's no further on that except where the numbers fall once claimed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    It’s weird that you use the word “delusional” and then try to teach me what ODR is because that’s the discord own rules. Discord itself says go to ODR, not me. Oh and it says it’s in addition to any other legal action in national courts where of course the damages sought are not in relation to gaming but in relation to actual monetary damages.

    Also you should probably come to understand but breach of rights is a breach regardless of what the right was being used for. Since there is not a single word in Discord ToS regarding “boosting” and as such it is a service being provided that doesn’t fall under any scope, it is pretty clear that discord used the wrong explanation to fix the issue at hand thus putting themselves in danger of being appealed for wrongful behavior.

    If you read me more carefully you would have understood that the argument I made was very simple: Since you can do as you please say that you do as you please don’t say you punish someone for something they clearly didn’t do.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What an educated response. I find it sad and pathetic that you get so aggravated when you clearly didn’t even bother to read. But hey at least you got that out of your system you seem pretty desperate to offend someone.

    P.S. It’s funny how you say “discord can’t be sued” when discord throws 2 pages of all legal actions that can be taken in relation to claims against discord. Even funnier that you think that somehow anything internet based is exempt from the laws that apply.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Life is full of laws doing exactly that.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They did not ban boosting, they banned large scale boosting under suspicion of RMT. If they were sure that the discord large scale boosting was using tokens they would have left it be. That’s the level of blizzard hypocrisy we are talking about.
    “Wrongful behavior” on what grounds? You need to have a right to use the service in the first place in order for there to be wrongful behavior. For example, it is illegal in many countries to refuse service on the basis of race. We can point to those laws. What law are you talking about that says Discord is not allowed to consider boosting to be cheating?

    Tell us the law and stop rambling incoherently about “rights” that you have yet to prove even exist.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  16. #76
    I am Murloc! Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Monégasque since 20-07-22
    Posts
    5,253
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Tell us the law and stop rambling incoherently about “rights” that you have yet to prove even exist.
    First of all kindly quote the point you want to discuss it’s very tiresome to quote an entire post to just discuss five words.

    Second, why the angry tone?

    Third and most important quoted from EU Commission: “ Under EU law, standard contract terms used by traders have to be fair. This doesn't change if they're called "terms and conditions" or are part of a detailed contract that you actually have to sign. The contract is not allowed to create an imbalance between your rights and obligations as a consumer and the rights and obligations of sellers and suppliers.

    Contract terms must be drafted in plain, understandable language. Any ambiguities will be interpreted in your favour.”.

    The law is there it’s just that people are so uneducated they will prefer to listen to random opinions instead of pursuing heir legal rights.

    I am not stating opinion just pointing to what the law says. Please don’t bother me with further opinions or questions if you still don’t understand it’s your problem not mine.

  17. #77
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    First of all kindly quote the point you want to discuss it’s very tiresome to quote an entire post to just discuss five words.

    Second, why the angry tone?

    Third and most important quoted from EU Commission: “ Under EU law, standard contract terms used by traders have to be fair. This doesn't change if they're called "terms and conditions" or are part of a detailed contract that you actually have to sign. The contract is not allowed to create an imbalance between your rights and obligations as a consumer and the rights and obligations of sellers and suppliers.

    Contract terms must be drafted in plain, understandable language. Any ambiguities will be interpreted in your favour.”.

    The law is there it’s just that people are so uneducated they will prefer to listen to random opinions instead of pursuing heir legal rights.

    I am not stating opinion just pointing to what the law says. Please don’t bother me with further opinions or questions if you still don’t understand it’s your problem not mine.
    You're quoting the trader/consumer version of physical and online businesses, not digital services.

    Update: Pardon me. I have the long version, not the easy one. Almost the same, just a few differences. Though, it is not counted as "unfair terms" to write in that a company reserves all rights to cancel digital services.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2022-08-06 at 12:40 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  18. #78
    Mechagnome Ihazpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the land of midnight sun.
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    They did not ban boosting, they banned large scale boosting under suspicion of RMT. If they were sure that the discord large scale boosting was using tokens they would have left it be. That’s the level of blizzard hypocrisy we are talking about.
    I know. I said "if all boosting becomes bannable". It should be bannable and token should be removed. But ofc that's not gonna happen.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    First of all kindly quote the point you want to discuss it’s very tiresome to quote an entire post to just discuss five words.

    Second, why the angry tone?

    Third and most important quoted from EU Commission: “ Under EU law, standard contract terms used by traders have to be fair. This doesn't change if they're called "terms and conditions" or are part of a detailed contract that you actually have to sign. The contract is not allowed to create an imbalance between your rights and obligations as a consumer and the rights and obligations of sellers and suppliers.

    Contract terms must be drafted in plain, understandable language. Any ambiguities will be interpreted in your favour.”.

    The law is there it’s just that people are so uneducated they will prefer to listen to random opinions instead of pursuing heir legal rights.

    I am not stating opinion just pointing to what the law says. Please don’t bother me with further opinions or questions if you still don’t understand it’s your problem not mine.
    The TOS says you can’t cheat. Violating the rules of a game is cheating. This isn’t very complicated.

    Where you came to believe that any country has a right to cheat on video games is beyond me.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What an educated response. I find it sad and pathetic that you get so aggravated when you clearly didn’t even bother to read. But hey at least you got that out of your system you seem pretty desperate to offend someone.

    P.S. It’s funny how you say “discord can’t be sued” when discord throws 2 pages of all legal actions that can be taken in relation to claims against discord. Even funnier that you think that somehow anything internet based is exempt from the laws that apply.
    Discord can be sued. The clear inference is that they can't be sued successfully.

    For example; if you're in America, you functionally cannot sue Discord for closing down a server, ever. If you're in Europe, you possibly can, but they probably don't give much of a shit.

    I find it sad and pathetic that you believe I was speaking in aggravation, when I was typing while laughing at you. Think "you're on crack" with a smirk, not "you're on crack" with a frown. It speaks to your state of mind that that's your assumption, though. Big user of the services, were you? That's a shame.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-08-06 at 01:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •