Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,340
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    stupid question but why do people search for FASTEST way to level? why not level doing what you actualy enjoy? somehow, id rather do what i like for 20h than something i dont for 10 or less... and since today you can level via pretty much anything its not really an issue, is it?
    Because they want to? Just because people want to do something fast doesn't mean they don't enjoy doing that something. If a person doesn't enjoy doing anything the game offers then they shouldn't be playing so boosting is irrelevant.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because they want to? Just because people want to do something fast doesn't mean they don't enjoy doing that something. If a person doesn't enjoy doing anything the game offers then they shouldn't be playing so boosting is irrelevant.
    Don’t play dumb and act like you weren’t talking to me. You’re insulting your own intelligence by even acting like anyone is buying that.

    Boosting is absurd. It feels like 70% of the player base in classic is:

    1- Create an account.

    2- Buy gold with RL money.

    3- Pay for boosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

  3. #243
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,340
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Don’t play dumb and act like you weren’t talking to me. You’re insulting your own intelligence by even acting like anyone is buying that.
    Buying what? That some people enjoy faster leveling? You see it every expansion launch between those who like to level fast and those who like to take their time. I'm not sure why you are getting personally angry over simple facts. Some people just enjoy leveling faster. Some don't enjoy it at all. Some do enjoy it but don't want to repeat it again. It is the same thing with end game boosting. There is much more to it then fun and engaging content as Classic has shown, right? Because if classic content is not fun and engaging then what WoW content has been?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-08-16 at 01:26 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Buying what? That some people enjoy faster leveling? You see it every expansion launch between those who like to level fast and those who like to take their time. I'm not sure why you are getting personally angry over simple facts. Some people just enjoy leveling faster. Some don't enjoy it at all. Some do enjoy it but don't want to repeat it again. It is the same thing with end game boosting. There is much more to it then fun and engaging content as Classic has shown, right? Because if classic content is not fun and engaging then what WoW content has been?
    What with Ion Hazzikostas as the in game director?
    Buy a Heroic Boost and then duel your friend (if you have any) that started a char at the same time but didn't buy a boost. Who will win? Who has the power bought by real life money?
    And yes, buy tokens, sanctioned by Blizzard, and buy carries and BiS items.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

  5. #245
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,340
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    What with Ion Hazzikostas as the in game director?Buy a Heroic Boost and then duel your friend (if you have any) that started a char at the same time but didn't buy a boost. Who will win? Who has the power bought by real life money?And yes, buy tokens, sanctioned by Blizzard, and buy carries and BiS items.
    What are you even talking about? You are now moving the goal posts, creating a strawman, and posting nonsense.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What are you even talking about? You are now moving the goal posts, creating a strawman, and posting nonsense.
    Remember, people who are mediocre or bad at the game have either left a long time ago or avoid group content to avoid the abuse.
    Or they just buy boosts.

    In addition, FFXIV is a story based game, that just so happens to also be an MMO, the creators have their focus on story.

    So FFXIV: An RPG that happens to be an MMO
    WoW: A MMO that used to be an RPG
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

  7. #247
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    32,184
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    This always bother me when people like you ask for evidence and then go on wild assumptions on your own, its hypocrisy at its finest. Exactly what evidence do you have that blizzard isn't generating gold? None? Ok? Now what?
    Blizzard has said specifically the system does not generate gold and explained how the system works. So you either think their lying or not.

    There's no accounting for conspiracy theories except that most of the time they're wrong.
    Two rules for living: "Don't go around hurting each other. Try to understand things." — William Least Heat-Moon (Blue Highways)

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Blizzard has said specifically the system does not generate gold and explained how the system works. So you either think their lying or not.

    There's no accounting for conspiracy theories except that most of the time they're wrong.
    If i think a blizzard, a company driven around profits and microtransactions, their own devs selling boost and so on? Yes, it's pretty obvious they generate gold and are lying about it to avoid backlash.
    Do you really think for a second they would lose money if there was no one putting up tokens? That is what everyone believes?
    Then we can agree to disagree

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •