Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gold isn't even created with the token so that really puts a nail in the coffin of your theory. It has to be earned by a person who already has a subscription in order for the system to work. It is rare but tokens have sold out before. Also as I've said if you remove the token today all of the same things still exist. The difference is that busy solo player will just have to earn their gold in-game (or buy it from a "illegal" third party).
    This always bother me when people like you ask for evidence and then go on wild assumptions on your own, its hypocrisy at its finest. Exactly what evidence do you have that blizzard isn't generating gold? None? Ok? Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    This always bother me when people like you ask for evidence and then go on wild assumptions on your own, its hypocrisy at its finest. Exactly what evidence do you have that blizzard isn't generating gold? None? Ok? Now what?
    You say "Wild Assumptions", but Blizzard said exactly how it works when they announced the system. If you have some evidence that they're lying, we'd all love to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

15+ Year Old Account
    The system has run out of product before. If gold was not 100% supplied by players that wouldn't be possible. The only one going on wild assumptions here is yourself that doesn't trust Blizzard when they stated how the system works. There is no hypocrisy in my statement which further shows you are just reaching and looking to demean what you can't refute otherwise.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Do you not know your own words anymore? You made the claim that boosting wouldn't be as popular if the game was more popular. Which means boosting is popular now because less people are playing and that if more people were playing it wouldn't be as popular.

If the game was so fun and engaging in its prime why did people still boost and buy gold? Why did people look for every advantage they could for as little as possible? Even in classic, without a token to "legalize" gold buying, boosting is still a big thing. It is just part of the game now regardless of what your personal views are on the quality.
    LOL you are rambling now Ive no idea what you are blathering on about, you are even talking about classic as if thats relavent.
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    LOL you are rambling now Ive no idea what you are blathering on about, you are even talking about classic as if thats relavent.
    Why wouldn't classic be relevant? It is a state of the game that would have been "Fun and engaging" right? Yet people still boost (even with out a token to have legitimate gold buying).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Right. As I've said from the start there are many reasons why people boost. Not sure what sherlock moment you think you are having. Besides if the game was fun and engaging in "the past" why do people boost in classic? Why did they buy gold in Vanilla? GDKP/Auction runs were a thing if not as prevalent as boosting is today across all servers.

People have always looked for shortcuts to get what they wanted regardless of how fun and engaging they thought the game actually was. How do you know that more people playing the game doesn't mean more people will buy boosts? If 1 million play now and 10% buy boosts wouldn't 10 million playing and 10% buying boosts equal more boosts? What if that number goes higher then 10% when more people are playing? The only self defeating arguments is from yourself as it is silly to try and equate the people playing the game as a reason why boosting is so popular.
    So when you said it isn't something that can be answered based the quality of the game, are you now saying it can be answered?

Its very simple - would making leveling higher quality and more fun and engaging reduce boosting?

- - - Updated - - -

Why wouldn't classic be relevant? It is a state of the game that would have been "Fun and engaging" right? Yet people still boost (even with out a token to have legitimate gold buying).
    So you consider Classic a more fun and engaging experience? that is blasphemy coming from a fanboy - wash your mouth out with soap.

Did people boost because it was fun or maybe because it took longer? Who can say?
    Last edited by MrFawlty; 2022-08-11 at 10:44 PM.
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.

boosting communities hit...oh geez what a shame...lmao

15+ Year Old Account
    So when you said it isn't something that can be answered based the quality of the game, are you now saying it can be answered? Its very simple - would making leveling higher quality and more fun and engaging reduce boosting?
    As I told you the first time that is an unknown because people boost for many different reasons. Leveling being higher quality has no impact on end game content that people buy boosts for. Fun and Engaging is subjective and even then people still might want to boost because they just don't feel like putting the effort it. You keep trying to push that fun and engaging are the only factors for boosting and it is silly.

So you consider Classic a more fun and engaging experience? that is blasphemy coming from a fanboy - wash your mouth out with soap. Did people boost because it was fun or maybe because it took longer? Who can say?
    Why do you need to be insulting? I have nothing against classic and if I really was a "fanboy" wouldn't that included classic since it is a WoW and Blizzard product? You even fail at insulting just as you fail at having an actual argument. If it is "who can say" then why do you keep asking for a specific answer like in the first half of your post? Isn't it strange how you won't accept me saying "Who can say" but you use the same line in response to me?

As I told you the first time that is an unknown because people boost for many different reasons. Leveling being higher quality has no impact on end game content that people buy boosts for. Fun and Engaging is subjective and even then people still might want to boost because they just don't feel like putting the effort it. You keep trying to push that fun and engaging are the only factors for boosting and it is silly.

Why do you need to be insulting? I have nothing against classic and if I really was a "fanboy" wouldn't that included classic since it is a WoW and Blizzard product? You even fail at insulting just as you fail at having an actual argument. If it is "who can say" then why do you keep asking for a specific answer like in the first half of your post? Isn't it strange how you won't accept me saying "Who can say" but you use the same line in response to me?
    I’m confused, is it answerable or not?
    You end up making these nonsense comments simply because you have a massive bias to defend Blizzard. The only reason you commented the person originally because he dared to suggest that the quality of levelling was poor - you just couldn’t let that pass.

By the way, "fun and engaging" was your term not mine and I don’t think people boost to avoid fun and engaging content - that was your ludicrous claim.

So, for the sake of clarity, are you suggesting that improving the quality and making levelling fun and engaging would not reduce boosting or not?

15+ Year Old Account
    In your last post you stated it wasn't answerable. I've told you it isn't answerable. I'm not sure what you are confused about when we are both in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    well said, improving the quality of the game and actually making things fun again would definitely reduce boosts.
    This is what I originally responded to. You seem to be on a personal crusade against me, the poster, which is evident by now moving the goal posts to me being a fan boy of Blizzard when this has nothing to do with Blizzard. Which is clear because even the old "fun and engaging" content had boosts. It has to do with a posters idea of what would reduce boosts.

Fun and Engaging wasn't my term but what the original context of comments was talking about. This again shows you are blinded by your rage for me, the poster, rather then contributing anything to the actual topic of this conversation. You've also used it in arguments so it is silly to back away from it now.

So, for the sake of clarity, are you suggesting that improving the quality and making levelling fun and engaging would not reduce boosting or not?
    For the sake of clarity I have already answered that. You've even answered it. Go back and read the posts again if you want an answer. Or just keep fishing for the specific words and phrases you want in order to keep arguing a strawman.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-08-12 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    boosting communities hit...oh geez what a shame...lmao
    I'll do you one better.

USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY

• A new chat channel for searching or advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities has been added: Trade (Services).
      • Developers' note: The trade channel that’s been in the game for 18 years will continue to exist, but we wanted to add a new channel to direct messages about the request and advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities. If you’re looking to buy or sell these kind of services, this is the channel for you! If you’re not interested in those, you can leave the channel and avoid the noise, or move it into its own chat tab. We believe that with this new distinction, you’ll be able to keep Trade chat for the traditional buying and selling of items and professions, and not other chatter.
    luh-mao

In your last post you stated it wasn't answerable. I've told you it isn't answerable. I'm not sure what you are confused about when we are both in agreement.

This is what I originally responded to. You seem to be on a personal crusade against me, the poster, which is evident by now moving the goal posts to me being a fan boy of Blizzard when this has nothing to do with Blizzard. Which is clear because even the old "fun and engaging" content had boosts. It has to do with a posters idea of what would reduce boosts.

Fun and Engaging wasn't my term but what the original context of comments was talking about. This again shows you are blinded by your rage for me, the poster, rather then contributing anything to the actual topic of this conversation. You've also used it in arguments so it is silly to back away from it now.

For the sake of clarity I have already answered that. You've even answered it. Go back and read the posts again if you want an answer. Or just keep fishing for the specific words and phrases you want in order to keep arguing a strawman.
    No you said it wasn’t answerable when you has already answered it and then said it wasn’t answerable. Is it answerable?

Blinded by rage…LOL you wish.

No, you made a statement that I asked you to clarify, which of course you didn’t you started a meaningless conversation rambling on about Classic. So, all I want to know is do you actually think that improving the quality and making levelling fun and engaging would not reduce boosting or not?

15+ Year Old Account
    No you said it wasn’t answerable when you has already answered it and then said it wasn’t answerable. Is it answerable?
    So I answered your question. You just acknowledged I answered it. You gave the same answer back to me yourself when answering that question. Yet I still need to answer something for you? I clarified my statement. Making the game "Fun and Engaging" may or may not have an impact on boosting because that is not the only reason why people boost.

You end up making these nonsense comments simply because you have a massive bias to defend Blizzard. The only reason you commented the person originally because he dared to suggest that the quality of levelling was poor - you just couldn’t let that pass.

By the way, "fun and engaging" was your term not mine and I don’t think people boost to avoid fun and engaging content - that was your ludicrous claim.

I boost for efficiency. I'm not spending hours in trash pugs that ultimately fail and disband (leaving me pissed off for wasting my time). I'm not joining another progression guild that makes the game another part-time job only to deal with interpersonal drama with most of the assholes that play this game. I'll buy a carry and see the content, and gear up in an hour. I do that a few weeks in a row and I have the tmogs i want, with minimal wasted time on my part.

The system has run out of product before. If gold was not 100% supplied by players that wouldn't be possible. The only one going on wild assumptions here is yourself that doesn't trust Blizzard when they stated how the system works. There is no hypocrisy in my statement which further shows you are just reaching and looking to demean what you can't refute otherwise.
    It did for what, the first 2 months? That was over 5 years ago?
    What hard evidence do you have that they dont produce gold? None? Ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you buy or sell boosts you're most likely a pedo so good call on Discord.

15+ Year Old Account
    It did for what, the first 2 months? That was over 5 years ago?
    What hard evidence do you have that they dont produce gold? None? Ok?
    What hard evidence do you have that they do? None? Ok? Oh wait you'll say you don't need to prove your claim or some other deflection, right? The system has been stated to not produce gold. It has sold out of tokens. If the system created gold for people to buy with a token then it why would it have sold out? You've now moved the goal posts to "Blizzard modified the system post-launch".

It is just an endless amount of conspiracies with you. Even if there was hard evidence you would likely find a way to dismiss it.

So I answered your question. You just acknowledged I answered it. You gave the same answer back to me yourself when answering that question. Yet I still need to answer something for you? I clarified my statement. Making the game "Fun and Engaging" may or may not have an impact on boosting because that is not the only reason why people boost.
    That’s not what you said, you said "not really" implying it wouldn’t work. Next time when you jump to the defence when someone criticizes Blizzard, engage brain and don’t just say the opposite of what they say. That way you don’t make ridiculous comments that make no sense and have to resort to semantics to save face.

Anyway, from now on this will be the 2nd part of my social experiment with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Gold is generated by the token since it now has a monetary value. As a result it encourages the production of gold both by players playing for longer AND ofcourse encorages bots. The token moves gold from those that dont want it and wouldnt spend it to those that do and will spend it. This has a direct effect on in game inflation. Wow, I can hear the frothing of the fanboy mouths from here.

15+ Year Old Account
    That’s not what you said, you said "not really" implying it wouldn’t work. Next time when you jump to the defence when someone criticizes Blizzard, engage brain and don’t just say the opposite of what they say. That way you don’t make ridiculous comments that make no sense and have to resort to semantics to save face.
    The only one not making sense here is yourself. How am I defending Blizzard when all I've said is people boost for many reasons. Which is true, right? Or do you think that people only boost for one reason? For reference the post of "not really" where you've ignored the context and rest of the post:

Not really. People don't boost just because they aren't having fun or the game isn't engaging. They simply boost because they want to. People love to ascribe stuff to whatever thing they don't like about the current game instead of just being honest. Boosting happens because people want to do it and no amount of "fun and engaging" game design will stop it. Not to mention how nebulous fun and engaging is because it varies per person.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-08-15 at 08:43 PM.

The only one not making sense here is yourself. How am I defending Blizzard when all I've said is people boost for many reasons. Which is true, right? Or do you think that people only boost for one reason? For reference the post of "not really" where you've ignored the context and rest of the post:
    stupid question but why do people search for FASTEST way to level? why not level doing what you actualy enjoy? somehow, id rather do what i like for 20h than something i dont for 10 or less... and since today you can level via pretty much anything its not really an issue, is it?

and if you dont enjoy questing, dungeons, battlegrounds, pet battles, treasures or whatever else is there... seems like theres not much to do for you at engame either...