Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    boost buyers and communities are simply a symptom of a much greater problem that blizz will never address, since they are the ones who created that environment and profit directly from it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I mean the comparison is completely off, because honor buddy was a bot that directly interfered with the wow client and was not some unaffiliated third party web site, but just to stay in that example: In 2017 Blizzard won in US court and Bossland (the manufacturer of Honor Bot) was made to pay 8.6 million dollards, but in 2018 a german court ruled that (as there are no punitive damages in most civil law countries) Bossland does not have to pay. So they could only seize assets that were in the US, but there were none. So there was nothing to gain for Blizzard (but they effectively shut down Honor bot, which obviously also is a victory).
    Whether or not it interferes with the client has absolutely nothing to do with why they got sued or the outcome of the lawsuit. If you read the outcome of the trial it was specifically about ruining blizzards customers experience and ruining their reputation.

    This boosting would fall almost exactly in line with the honor buddy lawsuit.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    boost buyers and communities are simply a symptom of a much greater problem that blizz will never address, since they are the ones who created that environment and profit directly from it.
    They didn't create it. Gold selling/buying has always existed and was against the ToS. Blizzard simply decided to finally capitalize on it and started selling the tokens for real money and allowing people then to trade them in game for gold.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Cæli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    They most certainly can. In fact this exact thing happened where blizzard sued a German company named honor buddy for something like $10 million dollars specifically because they proved in court that their products or practices infringed on the experience of blizzards playerbase and that they were ruining blizzard reputation so they shut them down and they had to pay big big big bucks.

    You can argue whether or not blizzard should do something or how hard it would be, but that’s besides the point. They most certainly COULD do something if they wanted to. They have done it before.
    no, they can't do anything against someone determined to do illegal things. this is like saying "everything that is illegal is prevented by the police". what is illegal for blizzard isn't necessarily illegal in other juridictions.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    no, they can't do anything against someone determined to do illegal things. this is like saying "everything that is illegal is prevented by the police". what is illegal for blizzard isn't necessarily illegal in other juridictions.
    What in the fuck are you even trying to say dude lol. Of course they can and they have. They can sue. They have sued before. And they have won. I never said that they can eradicate all illegal activity in their game I said they can do something to prevent it or deter it.

    How in the hell did you take what I said and come up with the idea that blizzard will eradicate all of crime forever lol. That’s some baby brain thinking you got there.

  6. #26
    I read this and felt for some of the disabled gamers that do rely on /follow. Glad Blizz are looking at removing the egregious uses of it while mantaining the usability benefits.

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Good now they just need to remove the token as I've been saying and I know it's coming so don't QQ when it happens.
    And how, exactly, is removing the WoW Token going to stop people buying services with WoW Gold?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Cæli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    What in the fuck are you even trying to say dude lol. Of course they can and they have. They can sue. They have sued before. And they have won. I never said that they can eradicate all illegal activity in their game I said they can do something to prevent it or deter it.

    How in the hell did you take what I said and come up with the idea that blizzard will eradicate all of crime forever lol. That’s some baby brain thinking you got there.
    my point was that blizzard cannot shut down all entities doing things blizzard doesn't like. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. because "blizzard can react" if that's what you mean, duh.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Good now they just need to remove the token as I've been saying and I know it's coming so don't QQ when it happens.
    You think they are gong to remove the wow token? really? lol that makes them so much more money than a simple sub. It's not going anywhere.

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    3,026
    thats actually dogshit. discord doesnt need to adhere to blizzards bullshit. not that im really torn up about it but thats an extremely slippery slope to get actioned on by something that happened outside of your platform. actions that occurred before the ToS was changed should not result in anything happening if they were done within the ToS at the time. i dont get how people dont see how thats a massive fucking issue.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    And how, exactly, is removing the WoW Token going to stop people buying services with WoW Gold?
    It won't but it'll make the game a proper mmo again with no advantage to the whales, as it has been proven whales are always bad for the long term health of any game, epsecially one that already has a rather expensive monthly fee and box price to just get into the game.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  12. #32
    Oh no, somebody think of the whales. They might have to actually play the game!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    You think they are gong to remove the wow token? really? lol that makes them so much more money than a simple sub. It's not going anywhere.
    It will as it hurts the overall health of the game even if people are in denial about it because they get to play for "free". They are at the lowest sub count in the history of WoW and it isn't just design descisions that got them here.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  14. #34
    Why can't Discord shut down the pedo servers that certain specific RP realm individuals like to lure younger WoW players to on the regular as quickly?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    my point was that blizzard cannot shut down all entities doing things blizzard doesn't like. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. because "blizzard can react" if that's what you mean, duh.
    Okay let’s just ignore the fact that you are blatantly attempting to move the goal posts here sweet heart and let’s go back to what started this conversation.

    Someone specifically said blizzard can take action against websites or other third party actors and you said AND I QUOTE:

    blizzard doesn't control the world, blizzard cannot do anything against many websites and especially if it's a website hosted outside the us. I mean...
    The conversation was never about whether or not blizzard could eradicate the world of all crime you knob. You specifically said they can’t do ANYTHING against websites especially if they are outside of the US. I proved you wrong with my specific examples I gave you. THATS what I was getting at.

    If you’re going to say “if that’s what you mean then duh” then you’re calling yourself dumb, because you specifically said they couldn’t.

  16. #36
    Moderator Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,985
    Hehe, it's good to see that Discord and Blizzard finally collaborate with each other. This will definitely make the gaming environment healthier.
    Behold my new creation!


  17. #37
    I am Murloc! SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It won't but it'll make the game a proper mmo again with no advantage to the whales, as it has been proven whales are always bad for the long term health of any game, epsecially one that already has a rather expensive monthly fee and box price to just get into the game.
    And yet, look at Classic.

    Yep. No WoW Token sure curbed the rampant inflation and the extreme rise of the "dreaded" GDKP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Why can't Discord shut down the pedo servers that certain specific RP realm individuals like to lure younger WoW players to on the regular as quickly?
    Report them to Discord with legitimate evidence of said actions?

    I mean... its not Rocket Surgery...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  18. #38
    OMEGALUL. Oh well.

  19. #39
    I mean I hate the boosting clownshow as much as the next guy, but I fail to see how they broke the rules of discord. Feels rather corrupt.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    thats actually dogshit. discord doesnt need to adhere to blizzards bullshit. not that im really torn up about it but thats an extremely slippery slope to get actioned on by something that happened outside of your platform. actions that occurred before the ToS was changed should not result in anything happening if they were done within the ToS at the time. i dont get how people dont see how thats a massive fucking issue.
    Discord shouldn't punish people for breaking Discords ToS and community guidelines?

    That rule has been active for years. Nothing new here..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I mean I hate the boosting clownshow as much as the next guy, but I fail to see how they broke the rules of discord. Feels rather corrupt.
    Blizzard: "Selling in-game items and services such as carries or boosting for real money is not allowed."
    Discord: "selling game cheats is not allowed"

    Seems obvious what rule they broke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •