Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    so does blizzard, whats your point? blizz sells gold and the co lead sells boosts.
    Erm, how exactly does Blizzard "sell gold" exactly? You do understand how the token works, right?

so does blizzard, whats your point? blizz sells gold and the co lead sells boosts.
    You asked for the rule that they broke, I gave it to you. I’m not arguing whether or not blizzard does the same thing. Take your answer and accept it.

So youre just flat out wrong. boosting is still allowed but advertising it else where isnt, which is dumb because its really none of their business what people do off the game.

at the end of the day their discord accounts shouldve been left alone
    Selling boosts for money is specifically against the rules, do you need me to link it to you honey?

Here I’ll link it for you. Policy change here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...y-2022/1176836

And here is their rules for real money services

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/269874

Any questions?
    Last edited by Somic; 2022-08-05 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I read it again, and I quoted you on it specifically. You word for word said blizzard can’t do anything. Period. You even said especially if they are out of the US. What part of this sentence, that you said yourself, aren’t you understanding? Why am I having to repeat back to you the words that you said?
    I never said "blizzard can’t do anything about 100% of them". I said "blizzard can’t do anything about a part of those". why do you care that much? you can't do anything against the fact that blizzard can't do anything about many people not respecting their tos.

So youre just flat out wrong. boosting is still allowed but advertising it else where isnt, which is dumb because its really none of their business what people do off the game.

It's an interesting topic - so I would encourage you to do some more research.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for making boosting more difficult, but I question the inclusion of multiboxers in the argument as a gameplay style Blizzard doesn't appreciate. Some players really don't like multiboxers and have had a misperception for years that it's somehow bannable, but Blizzard has been quite clear that it's allowed and not against the EULA. It's odd that this argument tries to mix an activity that is against EULA (boosting) with one that is not (multiboxing). So although it's not my cup of tea, it's unfortunate if this makes multiboxing more difficult for gamers that do it legitimately and enjoy that playstyle. This was recently updated by Blizzard as well, so there is no question on their stance:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Most discords were pretty blatant about their RMT boosting services, can't blame discord for shutting it down when asked by blizz.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I said "blizzard can’t do anything about a part of those".
    I know you said that, and you’re wrong. Per what I already told you.

I don’t care about the topic that much. I care about slimy people like you trying to save face and not accept that what you said was just BS. Instead you squirm around to attempt to sound like you were at least partly correct.

You aren’t. You’re wrong. Accept it.

breaking the rules is breaking the rules, not cheating. its against the rules to say certain words to people, that doesn't mean you're cheating.

theyre not cheating at all, theyre ignoring a bullshit rule that is trying to dictate what they can or cannot do outside of the game. if blizzturd whats to ban them that would make more sense, discord however has no reason to as the thing they are doing isnt a cheat or a hack.

- - - Updated - - -

as i said to the other guy, breaking a rule is not the same as cheating. so if anything they should've been banned in the game and not on discord.
    Buddy, it is. It fucking clearly is. What topic do you think you’re in right now? A topic that is discussing whether or not these discords should be banned? No you are in a topic that is talking about why these discords got banned and they got banned for the activities they were doing in world of Warcraft. You can argue all day and say “IN MY OPINION ITS NOT ACTUALLY CHEATING”, and that’s adorable and all, but that doesn’t change the fact that blizzard and discord clearly thinks differently and your opinion doesn’t change the reality of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    I know you said that, and you’re wrong. Per what I already told you.

I don’t care about the topic that much. I care about slimy people like you trying to save face and not accept that what you said was just BS. Instead you squirm around to attempt to sound like you were at least partly correct.

You aren’t. You’re wrong. Accept it.
    I'm not wrong, you're making up some imaginary situation where I said something that I didn't (again proven by what is written). the guy I quoted at first said blizzard can act against ANY websites. this was wrong. I then commented.

you came at first convinced about that reality when in fact it wasn't the case...anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    boost buyers and communities are simply a symptom of a much greater problem that blizz will never address, since they are the ones who created that environment and profit directly from it.
    MMO titles generally have ways to convert game currencies into something that can be bought with real money and vice versa. Blizz did not create anything that never existed before. They allowed people who bought gold illegally and unsafely to do so safely. Boosts are very likely a small part of the token economy since I firmly believe that most people buy gold from Blizzard to have some extra gold around. How they use it is their business.

You're making the same error that governments make about drugs: If drugs are a problem go after those that are pushing the drug/sales (guilds), not those who are users.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

breaking the rules is breaking the rules, not cheating. its against the rules to say certain words to people, that doesn't mean you're cheating.

theyre not cheating at all, theyre ignoring a bullshit rule that is trying to dictate what they can or cannot do outside of the game. if blizzturd whats to ban them that would make more sense, discord however has no reason to as the thing they are doing isnt a cheat or a hack.

- - - Updated - - -

as i said to the other guy, breaking a rule is not the same as cheating. so if anything they should've been banned in the game and not on discord.
    It's not expressly authorized by Blizzard and grants you an advantage over other players not using such methods.
    In the EULA that's defined as cheating.

selling boosts isnt a cheat or hack though so discord is in the wrong

and if you think it is by that same logic buying items from the auction house is cheating.
    You don't define the rules of what is or is not a cheat, the developer does. They don't want you going to an outside something to buy something ingame, they want the whole process to happen ingame.

But what you're missing is that these "communities" are companies that sell the gold they gain to gold buyers for real money.

they do it themselves so clearly it is.
    Who are they? Blizzard as an entity is not an end user. Do you mean a person affiliated with blizzard? A person that sold boosts before the ToS was updated.

Come on. If you want to argue this then you need to step up your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I'm not wrong, you're making up some imaginary situation where I said something that I didn't (again proven by what is written). the guy I quoted at first said blizzard can act against ANY websites. this was wrong. I then commented.

you came at first convinced about that reality when in fact it wasn't the case...anyway.
    They can act against any website. I already explained to you how they can. What in the actual fuck aren’t you understanding? They can find out who they are and sue them if they wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

you're wrong though because boosting is ALLOWED. but even if it wasn't its not cheating, not anymore than buying an item off the ah is.

cheating would be along the lines of using exploits or hacks, which isnt happening.

if blizz thought it was cheating theyd ban it outright like actual cheats and hacks but they haven't.
    It’s clearly fucking not allowed and it is clearly cheating. Are you so dense that when blizzard themselves write in their rules “boosting with RMT is not allowed ”, you think it’s a smart thing to say “but boosting is allowed”. And also seeing discord specifically ban someone and say “you’re banned for cheating” you think it’s smart to say “they aren’t cheating”.

How absolutely brain dead do you have to be in order to ignore the people who are literally making the rules and saying that they have their own rules wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    well said, improving the quality of the game and actually making things fun again would definitely reduce boosts.
    Not really. People don't boost just because they aren't having fun or the game isn't engaging. They simply boost because they want to. People love to ascribe stuff to whatever thing they don't like about the current game instead of just being honest. Boosting happens because people want to do it and no amount of "fun and engaging" game design will stop it. Not to mention how nebulous fun and engaging is because it varies per person.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

boosting is not against the rules, advertising them outside of the game is.
    The rule is a bit more complicated. But feel free to dumb it down.
    I don't know if he still doesnt it or not and it doesnt really matter as its not against the rules to do so.
    You don't know? It doesn't matter? Why did you bring it up?
    I think it clearly demonstrates what you contributed to this discussion.

that said im just repeating myself now so ill just let onlookers make up their own mind.

at the end of the day imo discord shouldnt have messed with their accounts though it not really surprising with platforms trying to enforce bans across multiple platforms for an offense on one.
    I will repeat it again. Blizzards EULA defines it as cheating (same does a lot of dictionaries) - and somehow without any argumentation or additional info you say it's not
    Combined with RMT it's against Discords rules. It's not a new rule - and public statistics from Discord show it's a rule they have enforced for a long time.

These community Discords did NOT get banned because:

- They were offering boosting services.
    - They were cheating.

These were banned BECAUSE:

- They were offering escrow services (i.e. organizing cross-realm boosts, specifically, transferring gold from buyers to boosters between realms)

Hope this helped.

as for blizz contradicting their rules, well i guess its just rules for thee. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Didn't you just say that you have no knowledge about that?

15+ Year Old Account
    again breaking the rules does not mean that its cheating, but you dont care and youre just gonna call me dumb so theres no reason to continue.
    It does mean it is cheating. You are just narrowing the definition to include or exclude the stuff you want to define it as. Discord doesn't have a specific definition so any general definition works and "against rules" or what another company defines as "against rules" would certainly fit. Boosting also fits the definition for Cheating Blizzard has in their own EULA.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
    1.cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
    It would also be covered under the prohibited commercial use as well. There is a reason why companies often have general or vague "anti-cheat" sections. It allows them to have a broad umbrella to take action against things they don't like regardless of semantics that some people argue about a "true" meaning of cheating.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-08-05 at 09:43 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."