Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I had a blast playing Torghast with all the ability modifications and stuff. Blizz had it perfectly laid out, just add tons of those options to these talent trees, nerf/balance accordingly and boom, perfect talent trees that actually add to the game instead of just "they took away some abilities just for us to get them back via talent trees".

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    First of all, I really love many of the new talents. REALLY cool compared to before.

BUT! why do I have to use my talent points to get spells, that I had before? Like Mind freeze, outbreak, SS, and so on.

feels bad when I lose something and then have to pay for it.
    The problem lies with you confusing "choosing" with "paying".
    You pay nothing.
    You have only gained the option to forego them.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

same to me

Am I missing something? Talent trees have always been set and forget. You Google the cookie cutter and you paste it. Is that changing now?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Am I missing something? Talent trees have always been set and forget. You Google the cookie cutter and you paste it. Is that changing now?
    Some strange people think about inventing a better wheel.

Personally, I think the talent system is completely redundant and useless. Anyone who knows how to use 3rd party info, just goes to Icy Veins and copies what the website says is the best build and then forgets all about it. No one even reads talent tooltips.

I really wouldn't miss anything if talents were just removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

Personally, I think the talent system is completely redundant and useless. Anyone who knows how to use 3rd party info, just goes to Icy Veins and copies what the website says is the best build and then forgets all about it. No one even reads talent tooltips.

This totaly works for LFR.

In higher content Talent choises will totaly matter. Not only different types of throughput, but utility wise. Some raidfights u wont need an interrupt, so you can spec out of that in to a defensive point, and another might need alot of interrupts, so abilities that enhance that will be taken.

Options that matter is good for the game and makes fights more interesting, just because some people dont care about their performance doesnt make talents a bad system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    There is a reason that old talent trees were removed. They didn't feel good.
    Most people disagree with that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Most people disagree with that notion.
    Don't know about that. Playing Classic I find myself forgetting about even having talent points to spend. There are 2-3 important talents, but the rest is absolutely superfluous.
    It's hard to get exited about a 1% damage increase for a spell, that deals 10% of your damage...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with that. You are meant to build your character as you wish.

In the garden you do not carry around all the gardening tools, you make a pick at the start of your works and carry/use wehat you will intend to use... not everything.

Same here. This is GREAT for a MMORPG. Also, remember, this is a "first", from here on they might develop it adding new stuff.

Heck, this is easily the single best thing of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

You can see on this thread a lot of people are very excited about thing getting changed up. I keep seeing the "now you can choose" argument over and over. I'm just confused cause I never heard about anyone changing their talents. You pick what your guild tells you to pick and that's it. I was hoping something crazy changed.

But it's exactly like classic? Or you can respec anytime out of combat?

7+ Year Old Account
    But it's exactly like classic? Or you can respec anytime out of combat?
    You can change talents and you can set loadouts and change them any time you are out of combat. At least in raids. I haven't done any M+ since pre-patch, but, i believe I read it somewhere, it was supposed to work inside M+ as well.

So you can setup entire talent trees as loadouts, say for ST and a different one for AoE/Cleave, and change the entire loadout according to your needs in a particular fight ou trash.
    Last edited by NickFireman; 2022-11-17 at 06:51 PM.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    The new talents are a mixture of the MoP system and the oldschool system. We had some of our baseline abilities "taken away" and put into the Class tree, because now the Classes themselves have their own talent tree and the specs have their own as well.

"but this is bad"
    Sincerely and without prejudice - shut up. God, please, shut up. If you don't like an ability your class gets, do you want to be forced to use it or take it? No? You don't want to use it? Okay, don't take it. You don't need an interrupt for this fight? Okay, don't take the interrupt.

Also, might I add that you can change your talents everywhere at any time, save for instanced PvP and M+?

It boggles me how people prefer less choice over more. It's legitimately infuriating sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by NickFireman View Post
    You can change talents and you can set loadouts and change them any time you are out of combat. At least in raids. I haven't done any M+ since pre-patch, but, i believe I read it somewhere, it was supposed to work inside M+ as well.

So you can setup entire talent trees as loadouts, say for ST and a different one for AoE/Cleave, and change the entire loadout according to your needs in a particular fight ou trash.
    If you can change anytime out of combat it seems pretty cool.

I'm just confused cause I never heard about anyone changing their talents.
    This is a genuine question and not ment as an underhanded comment, at what level are you playing the game? like what arena rating/raid difficulty/rio score. Im genuinely interested in knowing where the cut-off is for people never changing talents. Ive played this game for a good ammount of years now, and id personally say at a pretty low level compared to where i wish to be, but i've changed talents constantly, depending on the key, the affixes, the raid fight, hell even between pulls.