Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Saw that. He’s a bell-end. Side note, these hot takes trivialising the Queen’s demise are lame. No matter what people think of the monarchy in general, I’m proud to have called her our Queen. She was a stunning example of so many positive qualities in a person and leader, that it’s hard not to admire and respect her.
    lol bootlicker. Footy off for another week? Big ooof.

  2. #342
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Saw that. He’s a bell-end. Side note, these hot takes trivialising the Queen’s demise are lame. No matter what people think of the monarchy in general, I’m proud to have called her our Queen. She was a stunning example of so many positive qualities in a person and leader, that it’s hard not to admire and respect her.
    Why are they hot takes and why are they lame? I don't really have an opinion on the matter other than people seem to be mourning someone they never actually knew.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Why are they hot takes and why are they lame? I don't really have an opinion on the matter other than people seem to be mourning someone they never actually knew.
    It’s lame because saying stupid shit like ‘oh some 90 year old died. Why stop football?’

    Even if no one knew the Queen personally, it’s naive to think the country wouldn’t slow down and have things to work through during this time. Any head of state dying IS a logistical nightmare. It will have a rollover.

    As far as not knowing her is concerned, I don’t particularly care for the monarchy, but as far as monarchs go, she did the country good. Made mistakes like any leader, but smashed it on the whole.
    Last edited by Valkyrst; 2022-09-13 at 09:17 AM.

  4. #344
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It’s lame because saying stupid shit like ‘oh some 90 year old died. Why stop football?’

    Even if no one knew the Queen personally, it’s naive to think the country wouldn’t slow down and have things to work through during this time. Any head of state dying IS a logistical nightmare. It will have a rollover.

    As far as not knowing her is concerned, I don’t particularly care for the monarchy, but as far as monarchs go, she did the country good. Made mistakes like any leader, but smashed it on the whole.
    Oh I agree about the logistical nightmare and the fact people need to get over the fact football has stopped for 2 weekends. People need to get over that, it's not like this happens often.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Oh I agree about the logistical nightmare and the fact people need to get over the fact football has stopped for 2 weekends. People need to get over that, it's not like this happens often.
    Bingo. It’s just people being edgy and going ‘byaaah she’s only an old lady who died’. She’s the Queen. Everyone knows the Queen. She’s inexorably linked to the U.K. so it’ll always be a big deal logistically and publicly when a monarch passes.

  6. #346
    Royals suck, and on that note...the world cup.

    I still don't get it. All the stadiums are in Doha which isn't a very big city? Maybe they aren't expecting the world to come pouring in?

  7. #347
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,648
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Royals suck, and on that note...the world cup.

    I still don't get it. All the stadiums are in Doha which isn't a very big city? Maybe they aren't expecting the world to come pouring in?
    On the upside, it means teams don't have to travel extensively for the tournament.

    Brazil was a nightmare for that.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  8. #348
    The Unstoppable Force Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    20,326
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Royals suck, and on that note...the world cup.

    I still don't get it. All the stadiums are in Doha which isn't a very big city? Maybe they aren't expecting the world to come pouring in?
    They will, it'll also be hilariously over-policed where any kind of fun will be severely punished if you can't afford to pay off the arresting officers.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    On the upside, it means teams don't have to travel extensively for the tournament.

    Brazil was a nightmare for that.
    i mean doha is the size of dublin (close enough) imagine the world cup was hosted in just dublin. Madness.

  10. #350
    The Patient Mazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    the land of beer, chocolate and waffles
    Posts
    324
    Hopeful night for Belgium football with Club Bruge flattening Porto in Portugal. Not even sure a Belgian team ever managed a 0-4 away win in the CL before.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Bunch of youngsters in that Bruge team as well
    Last edited by Mazza; 2022-09-13 at 10:28 PM.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It’s lame because saying stupid shit like ‘oh some 90 year old died. Why stop football?’

    Even if no one knew the Queen personally, it’s naive to think the country wouldn’t slow down and have things to work through during this time. Any head of state dying IS a logistical nightmare. It will have a rollover.

    As far as not knowing her is concerned, I don’t particularly care for the monarchy, but as far as monarchs go, she did the country good. Made mistakes like any leader, but smashed it on the whole.
    Football is also people's jobs across a wide range of people not just top athletes. People also travel to these games. Bad luck if you travelled from India and don't much care for the British crown I guess. I'm sure those airports and hotels will understand
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  12. #352
    Edited since it was completely off-topic. For info, it was just a rant about the royals
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2022-09-15 at 09:22 PM.

  13. #353
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,996
    The Nations League is so frigging boring... *yawn*

  14. #354
    One thing about international breaks is that it helps expose these egomaniac's when they get access to journo's and get asked questions by their national reporters.

    Lastest bellend, Harry Maguire. Slagging off his team mates because hes benched by someone who came from the eredivise and rightfully so.

    Football player aside and just looking at it from a captain perspective. Its so typical of modern "leadership" both within football and outside of football to just blame outside factors and the people around you but never being a true leader and calmly stating the buck starts from the top.

    I hate it. I hope hes sold. And GL england having that twat as a key player because southgate is like any other england manager and I cant actually remember the last time england had a manager that picked a team on form/with a system in mind and didnt just pick on name.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  15. #355
    I'm tired of players thinking they are owed playing time despite being a walking dumpster fire for ages. Maguire and Shaw for example have been putting in a lot of lackluster performances and been dreadful last season and rightfully so they have finally been moved to the bench. I don't wanna hear anything about Maguire 'deserving' to start or things like that. If you're not playing good then you shouldn't be starting. If you wanna be at a team where you start every week based on you being a bigshot England international then you need to go to a team like West Ham or Everton who aren't aiming to win anything.

  16. #356
    gareth is in full malaise mode, backward ball and terrible selections, its not coming home lads

  17. #357
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,648
    There's zero end product for England, and when they inevitably lose possesion the wingers are out of place to get back and defend.

    It's like watching Liverpool.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  18. #358
    550 minutes+ without a goal in open play. I can't think of a premier league manager who would survive that stat.

  19. #359
    Anyone who has access to the player pool that England has and plays essentially 5 at the back with Rice as 1 of the 2 CMs deserves a sacking though.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Anyone who has access to the player pool that England has and plays essentially 5 at the back with Rice as 1 of the 2 CMs deserves a sacking though.
    doesnt score from open play, doesn't play the best set piece taker JWP. England and the FA is a massive jobs for the boys organization tho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •