Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Monks? I assume there is some technical reason for Goblin/Worgen exclusion. Perhaps something to do with skeletons/animations.

Warlocks? I could be wrong but I think they're working on some skins in the background to satiate the 'lore' crowd. Races that cannot be warlocks but have NPC warlocks usually have a specific skin (e.g. Eredar draenei).
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Well, since "Lightforged" Draenei can become Death Knights I feel that all 'racial' logic is now gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    Unpopular opinion: They should revert it back to pre-cata era with class and race restrictions. I'm willing to sacrifice my troll druid in favor, because it's getting ridiculous.
    I agree on both posts. Unfortunately I believe that most who'd also agree have quit the game and aren't likely to return...especially now.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The day that Draenei locks get implemented is the day I'm going to return to the game after not having played it since the first month of BFA.

I've always wanted Draenei locks

Maghar orcs and draenei+LF literally cannot be warlocks, doing so makes them no longer draenei, and no longer maghar orcs, maghar orcs who become warlocks just become normal orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Maghar orcs and draenei+LF literally cannot be warlocks, doing so makes them no longer draenei, and no longer maghar orcs, maghar orcs who become warlocks just become normal orcs.
    Please explain how.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Please explain how.
    Bro like... Do you know wow's lore?
    Do I really need to explain what the difference between an orc and a maghar orc is?

cause like maghar orc literally means uncorrupted orc, an orc who has not been corrupted by fel, so becoming a warlock you are no longer a maghar orc, you are... just an orc.

They could definitely just flip the switch now. The only reason I can see that they would wait is to milk it a little more for profit. They will save it for a patch, a dip in MAUs/stocks, or the next expansion as a selling point. Sucks for everyone else, but corporate is gonna corporate.

Well in the case of Warlock at the very least we will need some in-game sentence by a single NPC talking about why they choose to be a Warlock. That's all it takes for any of this to make sense for people. That's all it was for Tauren and Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by oKURWAmon View Post
    I dream of a World (of Warcraft) without Race/Class restrictions and for that matter Faction restrictions.
    Where a gnome demon hunter can fight alongside a goblin evoker, and both can change classes in-game at will.
    The rest of what you've proposed I'm indifferent on, I personally prefer having some distinction between races but it's not a big deal to me, but that bolded part is something I hope never comes to pass. Having all your classes on one character is one of the things I really dislike about FF14. SWtOR's new update allows multiclassing in a limited way as well and I find it equally annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Please explain how.

The whole basis of Mag'har orcs is that they are uncorrupted from fel magic. The term "Mag'har" means "uncorrupted" in Orcish language. When orcs dabbled in fel magic, they became corrupted and turned green. Those who didn't and remained uncorrupted named themselves Mag'har. Mag'har orcs becoming warlocks defeats the purpose of them being a separate sect of orcs altogether, let alone a separate playable race apart from regular playable orcs.

Same goes with draenei and Lightforged draenei, as the corrupted eredar race (draenei means "exiled ones" in their language, and wait for it-- are also uncorrupted from fel maigc) became the Man'ari Eredar that are one of the foundation races of the Burning Legion.

There is a pattern here clearly.

Also all of this is very easy for you to find out on your own.

EDIT: There are some race/class combinations that Blizzard could definitely just bite the bullet on and implement that have no lore significance whatsoever... like Tauren rogues. Lore should still matter.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-08-07 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The whole basis of Mag'har orcs is that they are uncorrupted from fel magic. The term "Mag'har" means "uncorrupted" in Orcish language. When orcs dabbled in fel magic, they became corrupted and turned green. Those who didn't and remained uncorrupted named themselves Mag'har. Mag'har orcs becoming warlocks defeats the purpose of them being a separate sect of orcs altogether, let alone a separate playable race apart from regular playable orcs.

Same goes with draenei and Lightforged draenei, as the corrupted eredar race (draenei means "exiled ones" in their language, and wait for it-- are also uncorrupted from fel maigc) became the Man'ari Eredar that are one of the foundation races of the Burning Legion.

There is a pattern here clearly.

Also all of this is very easy for you to find out on your own.

EDIT: There are some race/class combinations that Blizzard could definitely just bite the bullet on and implement that have no lore significance whatsoever... like Tauren rogues. Lore should still matter.
    MU Mag'har Orcs didn't remain uncorrupted because they didn't use Fel. They were victims of the Red Pox who were quarantined in Nagrand away from the industrial-scale fel magic which ambiently turned every other orc green, even those who weren't actively participating in fel magic like Durotan. Also playable Mag'har are AU Draenor Orcs, so they simply weren't exposed to that fel corruption due to timeline meddling. There's no reason that a Mag'har Orc would turn green from small-scale personal fel use, any more than members of any race other than Orc do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Giving Worgen/Night Elves Paladin makes more sense than Lightforged Draenei Warlocks. I don't believe all races should be able to be everything.
    Agreed. Not all races should have all classes available. They already fucked up with the Death Knights. Still pisses me off when they did that back in the day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacorico View Post
    Unpopular opinion: They should revert it back to pre-cata era with class and race restrictions. I'm willing to sacrifice my troll druid in favor, because it's getting ridiculous.
    Facts. Fucking facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Absolutely zero reason for this to be true.
    Actually it makes a lot of sense. I think it's time you get out from under the rock you hid in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bro like... Do you know wow's lore?
    Do I really need to explain what the difference between an orc and a maghar orc is?

cause like maghar orc literally means uncorrupted orc, an orc who has not been corrupted by fel, so becoming a warlock you are no longer a maghar orc, you are... just an orc.
    Either he doesn't know lore or could care less about it . Either way he has no respect for the lore.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Monks? I assume there is some technical reason for Goblin/Worgen exclusion. Perhaps something to do with skeletons/animations.
    Skeleton theory's already out the window because Vulpera have goblin skeletons and can be monks. No it's because they didn't wanna explain that there was a Pandaran in Pre curse Gilneas and Kezan to teach them how to Monk.

Of which isn't a problem anymore cause of exiles reach

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Well, since "Lightforged" Draenei can become Death Knights I feel that all 'racial' logic is now gone.

I'm all for it! Free all classes to all races!
    ....the difference between a Lightforged DK and a Lightforged Warlock is they CHOOSE to be a warlock while they were RAISED as a DK. They didn't just walk into the Death Knight recruitment office and said "hey you know what would be peachy keen I wanna be a Death Knight!". So it makes slightly more sense for them to be DKs... especially since it's been shown the light cares more about devotion than life status

race-class constraints are a good thing as they give players a good sense of what a race is and what a class is.

Most classes should have followed what is done with druid. The art of veing a druid is complexe and not every race can master it.

There should of course be more widespread classes like warrior, rogue and hunter. But even mage shouldn't be as spread especially when the art has played a defining role into the world of Azeroth.

New players especially get a real feeling of what a race could reprensent when checking what class they can do. Seing that this troll race can do almost everything means that they are in a way superior to the other troll race. Seing that maghar orcs can't be warlock but priest will mean that they looked for other types of power.

Removing these constraints will definitely break the identity of many races and classes. I'm remaining unconvinced that this is something worthy to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

Warlocks? I could be wrong but I think they're working on some skins in the background to satiate the 'lore' crowd. Races that cannot be warlocks but have NPC warlocks usually have a specific skin (e.g. Eredar draenei).
    If you use any costume that transforms you into a worgen or goblin while playing a monk (like that garrison coin of thousand faces or wizards hat), you can see that they actually have all monk animations implemented and in game.

Absolutely zero reason for this to be true.
    This isn't ffxiv my guy

So give maghar a green skin option? I dont see you complaining so much about reg orcs having a brown skin option.

all these ''problems'' to not give a specific race a class option, are largely just made up.
    "Give maghar orc a green skin option"
    So again, make them normal orcs and not maghar orcs...

This is literally
    "I want to play a living undead!"
    So a human
    "I want to play a dead human!"
    so an undead?

Also what?

You don't see me complaining about regular orcs having a brown skin option, cause I'm not an idiot and know they don't have a brown skin option, do you seriously not know ANYTHING you are talking about?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-08-08 at 03:45 AM.