Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Endboss will be Sylvanas riding reanimated Onyxia, better watch out for deep breath.

  2. #42
    I thought this would contain some genius twist and then OP says it's Galakrond. Couldn't it be more obvious?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I thought this would contain some genius twist and then OP says it's Galakrond. Couldn't it be more obvious?
    They are hinting Galakrond tbh which suggests ignorance of their own lore which in turn is very on brand for the lore team at Blizzard.

  4. #44
    Wrong wrong....

    The end boss is Murozond. Galakrond might be involved in the last tier or 2nd tier but the final baddie is Muro.

    Galakrond is just a big brute, there nothing special about him, he can't come back on his own. Hell most likely be the semi last boss for w/e raid he's in.

    Now Murozond makes more sense.

    We're at the precipice of a cosmic war. Nozdormu knows this, since you know... time magic and what not. It's been hinted twice already in alpha that the infinites are also trying to pave the way for Muro to return.

    The aspects will most likely regain their powers as it seems in alpha that is their main goal.

    Once that happens something will trigger nozzy's madness, something voidy...

    The shaman order hall confirmed that sinestra is alive in the great dark, most likely serving the old gods. Sinestra, a dragon, who will bring the might of her void dragons supported by the still active twilight's hammer.

    This display of the voids might is what will cause nozdormu's decent into madness and he'll shatter the time ways to creat an infinite army to combat the void no matter the cost, as anything else is better than the corruption of azeroth.

    How do I know this?


    Well one thing and one thing only...

    Yrel has been set up in bfa as a light antagonist that is stuck I'm AU draenor. She has no way of traveling through time to get to us. Except maybe a crazed time aspects hell bent on defeating the void.


    Hmmm, see the picture?

    Well defeat nozzy and he'll summon yrel as a last ditch effort and that'll set up 11.0. which will take place in what you could argue to be one of the few void strongholds in the physical universe, K'aresh.

    That's what Rafaam is for, not only to perhaps raise galakrond, but to reintroduce players to the ethereals to get ready for our adventure on K'aresh.


    There you go....

  5. #45
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They are hinting Galakrond tbh which suggests ignorance of their own lore which in turn is very on brand for the lore team at Blizzard.
    I think Galakrond could well be a boss in a raid, especially if it's one where we go back in time via the Bronze DF. but it's not going to be the last boss, no

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord 3DTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Aether
    Posts
    4,175
    So TL;DR, not confirmed and just something you're guessing at? Okay then.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!
    Avatar drawn by Sir Meo

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Wrong wrong....

    The end boss is Murozond. Galakrond might be involved in the last tier or 2nd tier but the final baddie is Muro.

    Galakrond is just a big brute, there nothing special about him, he can't come back on his own. Hell most likely be the semi last boss for w/e raid he's in.

    Now Murozond makes more sense.

    We're at the precipice of a cosmic war. Nozdormu knows this, since you know... time magic and what not. It's been hinted twice already in alpha that the infinites are also trying to pave the way for Muro to return.

    The aspects will most likely regain their powers as it seems in alpha that is their main goal.

    Once that happens something will trigger nozzy's madness, something voidy...

    The shaman order hall confirmed that sinestra is alive in the great dark, most likely serving the old gods. Sinestra, a dragon, who will bring the might of her void dragons supported by the still active twilight's hammer.

    This display of the voids might is what will cause nozdormu's decent into madness and he'll shatter the time ways to creat an infinite army to combat the void no matter the cost, as anything else is better than the corruption of azeroth.

    How do I know this?


    Well one thing and one thing only...

    Yrel has been set up in bfa as a light antagonist that is stuck I'm AU draenor. She has no way of traveling through time to get to us. Except maybe a crazed time aspects hell bent on defeating the void.


    Hmmm, see the picture?

    Well defeat nozzy and he'll summon yrel as a last ditch effort and that'll set up 11.0. which will take place in what you could argue to be one of the few void strongholds in the physical universe, K'aresh.

    That's what Rafaam is for, not only to perhaps raise galakrond, but to reintroduce players to the ethereals to get ready for our adventure on K'aresh.


    There you go....
    Is that you actually typing that or is it your imaginary brother that's on bootcamp this time around?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Is that you actually typing that or is it your imaginary brother that's on bootcamp this time around?
    Na that's me 100%. He'll get visiting privileges in December if he stops harassing his fellow campees with Tinker crap. It's a work in progress.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

    We already killed moruzond
    He'll show up and we'll see nozdormu fall but we won't kill him
    Not that I'm hell-bent on Murozond/Nozdormu here, but I could see us fighting him in a raid fight for him to narrowly escape, which feeds his insanity/paranoia and pushes him further toward his inevitable demise.

  10. #50
    How about the end boss is both Galakron, Murozond and Chromatus, with the players mostly just trying to stay alive while they beat each other up.

  11. #51
    I don't understand how some people say Muro can't be the final boss. Because we kill him in end time and then turn around and say that a dead dragon from thousands of years ago is the final boss.

    Like you're okay with a risen galakron, but an aspect of time, OF TIME, somehow cheating death and becoming the boss is out of your creative reach???

    I mean he's not even dead.... Nozzy is still kicking and has yet to turn into Muro. We just killed his future self.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    The final boss is Murozond or Chromatus. Galakrond is a joke.

    Chromatus has the highest possibility of being the final boss.

    This is essentially WoW's version of D&D Dragons - Aspects of Magic vs. the Aspects of Elemental Power (Chromatic vs. Metallic?)

    A 5-headed evil dragon too powerful to be defeated, and currently residing in a state of stasis in an undisclosed prison (Tiamat?)

    Giants that harbor a hatred for dragons as an age-old enemy (also ripped straight from D&D where giants and dragons are ancient enemies, furthering the idea that the dragonflight xpac is just them doing their version of Rise of Tiamat)

    Galakrond might appear with some timey-wimey shit, but will not be the final boss.

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chromatus
    Has Chromatus been mentioned at all in-game (in Dragonflight or otherwise)? Because he'll need some buildup and if there's nothing at all still, that feels kind of like a big problem.

  13. #53
    Here some more speculation...

    Seems like blizzard is keen on bringing hearthstone characters into wow. Look at Rafaam for example.

    If Murozond is the final boss, it opens up the possibility of a very colorful and exciting raid made up of AU characters, in addition to your obligatory infinite dragon bosses.

    Imagine a council fight with the Knights of the Frozen throne

    How about a fight with Ragnaros the light lord

    And any other AU characters from hearthstone.

  14. #54
    Id rather it be Chromatus or hell Muzorond. Galakrond is abit deathwing 2.0 Since his size will mean we have to fight on his back once again and will need all dragons teaming up to fight him. Its jsut the Dragon soul encounter all over again

  15. #55
    Galakrond is unlikely to the be the end boss, because we could never fight it. Too big. Even DW is tiny compared to Galakrond, and DW was already way too big for us to properly fight.

    The last thing we want is a final boss that's just the background while we fight its toe lint or whatever until Thrall can supercharge his spirit bomb and finish it off without us.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Wrong wrong....

    The end boss is Murozond. Galakrond might be involved in the last tier or 2nd tier but the final baddie is Muro.

    Galakrond is just a big brute, there nothing special about him, he can't come back on his own. Hell most likely be the semi last boss for w/e raid he's in.

    Now Murozond makes more sense.

    We're at the precipice of a cosmic war. Nozdormu knows this, since you know... time magic and what not. It's been hinted twice already in alpha that the infinites are also trying to pave the way for Muro to return.

    The aspects will most likely regain their powers as it seems in alpha that is their main goal.

    Once that happens something will trigger nozzy's madness, something voidy...

    The shaman order hall confirmed that sinestra is alive in the great dark, most likely serving the old gods. Sinestra, a dragon, who will bring the might of her void dragons supported by the still active twilight's hammer.

    This display of the voids might is what will cause nozdormu's decent into madness and he'll shatter the time ways to creat an infinite army to combat the void no matter the cost, as anything else is better than the corruption of azeroth.

    How do I know this?


    Well one thing and one thing only...

    Yrel has been set up in bfa as a light antagonist that is stuck I'm AU draenor. She has no way of traveling through time to get to us. Except maybe a crazed time aspects hell bent on defeating the void.


    Hmmm, see the picture?

    Well defeat nozzy and he'll summon yrel as a last ditch effort and that'll set up 11.0. which will take place in what you could argue to be one of the few void strongholds in the physical universe, K'aresh.

    That's what Rafaam is for, not only to perhaps raise galakrond, but to reintroduce players to the ethereals to get ready for our adventure on K'aresh.


    There you go....
    For this to work Murozond needs to be handled like Gul'dan going from WoD into Legion though.

    Which doesn't mean he can't be the final boss or even be killed, but he'd have to be back for it all to happen in a meaningful manner.

    Luckily though a corrupted time-dragon is just about the most unkillable thing out there; even if we defeat him his alternate selves will just recorrupt into him, and that is assuming he isn't so far gone already that he'll just "return from the void" due to being bound to a cosmic power.


    On that note though:
    What if Murozond is not actually void-corrupted?
    But rather order-corrupted?
    Think about it: They desire to reORDER the timeways, and these primalist zealots are clearly setting up order as a potential risk as well. It would also fit their "moral grey" approach to the cosmic powers, which in reality would be more alike to Lovecraft's "grey horror"; not evil per se, but rather so far beyond us that they might crush us all the same by doing the human equivalent of a fart.
    Plus they've indirectly / unintentionally aided in thwarting the void before, thanks to them meddling with us when they did.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    For this to work Murozond needs to be handled like Gul'dan going from WoD into Legion though.

    Which doesn't mean he can't be the final boss or even be killed, but he'd have to be back for it all to happen in a meaningful manner.

    Luckily though a corrupted time-dragon is just about the most unkillable thing out there; even if we defeat him his alternate selves will just recorrupt into him, and that is assuming he isn't so far gone already that he'll just "return from the void" due to being bound to a cosmic power.


    On that note though:
    What if Murozond is not actually void-corrupted?
    But rather order-corrupted?
    Think about it: They desire to reORDER the timeways, and these primalist zealots are clearly setting up order as a potential risk as well. It would also fit their "moral grey" approach to the cosmic powers, which in reality would be more alike to Lovecraft's "grey horror"; not evil per se, but rather so far beyond us that they might crush us all the same by doing the human equivalent of a fart.
    Plus they've indirectly / unintentionally aided in thwarting the void before, thanks to them meddling with us when they did.
    Well he's going to be corrupted one way or another. The thaldrasus questline and uldaman both tease it.

    The important thing is what exactly triggers it. And my money is on sinestra and the twilight's hammer. Perfect reason to have Muro summon yrel at the end and set up 11.0 in K'aresh and have Rafaam supplement it.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-09 at 04:50 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well he's going to be corrupted one way or another. The thaldrasus questline and uldaman both tease it.

    The important thing is what exactly triggers it. And my money is on sinestra and the twilight's hammer. Perfect reason to have Muro summon yrel at the end and set up 11.0 in K'aresh and have Rafaam supplement it.
    Rafaam seems a bit out of the left field for me, but for the rest i'm on board either way.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Rafaam seems a bit out of the left field for me, but for the rest i'm on board either way.
    Besides the Rafaam and galakrond stuff from HS, I feel like his main purpose is to get players familiar with the ethereals again to prep us for K'aresh.

    Last time we delt with them was in the final legion patch and before that was TBC, so the average player probably doesn't know much about them besides being xmog npcs

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Besides the Rafaam and galakrond stuff from HS, I feel like his main purpose is to get players familiar with the ethereals again to prep us for K'aresh.

    Last time we delt with them was in the final legion patch and before that was TBC, so the average player probably doesn't know much about them besides being xmog npcs
    We saw them in Legion's Karazhan and during i.e. the mage artefact quests as well, and aren't void elves technically BfA content? There were ethereals involved with them as well.

    But i digress, more ethereals and setting up K'aresh is no bad idea, though i expect it will be like Argus.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •