Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh no. Again, it's an item that you can remove from your character at any time.
    ... Just like you switch to your visage form and see your weapon on your back?

    If you get tired of not seeing your weapons, you can simply swap out the item. if you get tired of not seeing your weapons on your Dracthyr, you're stuck with it unless you want to reroll.
    Or switch to your visage form?

    Again, because it's temporary. You're comparing a temporary situation to a permanent one.
    It's not a permanent situation because the visage form exists.

    Face it, Teriz: "not showing weapon on the back because of wings" is nowhere near the issue you're trying to paint it as. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's not an issue at all, looking at all the evidence in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Because not all Dracthyr are Evokers, as seen in the Starting Zone. Evoker is a special title given to the elite of the Dracthyr.
    Besides, they've actually already said that Dracthyr could become other classes after Dragonflight.

    Not to mention they've already put in the time to add all of the animations for Rogue, Warrior, and Hunter to Dracthyr... why would they do that if they weren't planning on opening up those classes up to the Dracthyr down the line?

    They've never said that other races could become DHs, and they've never added DH animations to the other races.
    It is for us players. These threads already exist and they aren't changing for the foreseeable future. The expansion isn't even out yet. Give it a rest already
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

  3. #43
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... Just like you switch to your visage form and see your weapon on your back?
    So you're saying that Dracthyr warriors will be able to stay in visage form the ENTIRE time during combat?

    If that's the case, then what's the point? Just roll a Human or an Elf. I thought the point of this was to look like a dragon.

    Face it, Teriz: "not showing weapon on the back because of wings" is nowhere near the issue you're trying to paint it as. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's not an issue at all, looking at all the evidence in the game.
    The very fact that your solution is to hide the draconic form (which is the ACTUAL Dracthyr form) entirely shows that it is a problem, and pretty much ensures that it'll never happen.

  4. #44
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "It's definitely possible" =/= "Its going to happen"
    Which would be the case if they didn’t already have lore setup for them to be other classes down the line… or if they didn’t have animations made for them to be those classes.

    Fun fact one of the edicts even says that there is/was a Weyrn made specifically for infiltration too… sounds a lot like what a rogue would be doing.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It certainly is an issue. You’re simply ignoring it because it doesn’t bother YOU. You’re also ignoring the fact that Dracthyr can’t fully wear equippable armor, something else a Warrior or Rogue would want to display. Remember all those threads where people were whining about the Dracthyr not showing armor? No biggie since they’re dragons, huge issue if you make them other classes that are more gear dependent.



    They’re all dragons.



    Evokers have the powers and abilities of the aspects, so that should tell you something.



    Some people do. If you look at the “show your dracthyr” thread, many people have their Dracthyr not wearing armor at all. Why? Because you’re playing as a dragon, not a warrior, a rogue, a shaman, etc.



    If you don’t want to be an Evoker, you don’t want to be a Dracthyr.
    How are evokers any less gear dependant then a war when it comes to cosmetics. Evokers are just like any other class where a player is gonna wanna see armor. They just don't show it because the dracthyr make it impossible to fit typical armor and blizzard spins it that's it just part of their fantasy. Which is fine to me. If it's not fine to other players then they don't have to roll a drac warrior. What is the issue you have with that?

    And don't tell me it ain't worth the effort cuz you sure as hell know that many players will still roll a drac war or w/e despite the lack of gear.

    Why else are evokers so popular in alpha? I'm sure it's not because they're naked I'll tell u that.

    Yeah they're all dragons. But there's still very clear differences.

    No evokers have the powers of the flights combined with the tenacity and potential of mortals, not the aspects themselves.

    Because maybe they don't like the armor that drac have available to them, I mean duh lol. If they could wear armor then most wouldn't be naked I promise you.


    Yeah for now, while drac and evokers remain exclusive to each other, but yet if in lore that isn't the case as. It all dracthyr are evokers.

    Which means eventually the dracthyr are going to be other classes. And they're going to be warriors without armor outside of visage because that's how dragons roll.

    And again, if you don't like it then simple don't roll a dracthyr.

    What exactly is the issue with any of that minus, sheathing a 2 hander.

    Which again.... Is already existent in game AND can be made to have a magical dematerializing sheathing animation

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So you're saying that Dracthyr warriors will be able to stay in visage form the ENTIRE time during combat?

    If that's the case, then what's the point? Just roll a Human or an Elf. I thought the point of this was to look like a dragon.



    The very fact that your solution is to hide the draconic form (which is the ACTUAL Dracthyr form) entirely shows that it is a problem, and pretty much ensures that it'll never happen.
    What's wrong with perma visage. Evokers it makes sense to have them morph due to their abilities.

    But we've seen media where dragons are more than capable to fight in human form untill they choose to change. Look at Alex vs Hanzo.

    Same with a war. If anything using their racials would trigger the change and probably keep them like it during combat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They don't have to. The simple fact that Evoker is restricted to a single class shows that is not a "mandatory requirement". New races don't "have to be" available to every class that is available to all the other races. Keep in mind that, back in TBC, blood elves couldn't be warriors, despite that class being available to all the other races.


    I don't think dragons revere Tyr. If it's something new in Dragonflight, it's something that's been retconned in, as far as I know.


    Dragons are no longer connected to the elemental plane, which is "one half" of the shaman concept, plus they have no connections with the spirits, which is the "other half".

    Of course, they rever Tyr. Again, they have an entire stronghold named after him with silver hand equiped statues.

    He's part of the reason why modern dragons even exist and by extension the dracthyr.

    So damn straight I'm rolling a drac pally as soon as they happen haha.

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Which would be the case if they didn’t already have lore setup for them to be other classes down the line… or if they didn’t have animations made for them to be those classes.

    Fun fact one of the edicts even says that there is/was a Weyrn made specifically for infiltration too… sounds a lot like what a rogue would be doing.
    Sounds more like a 3rd Evoker spec, which would make far more sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    How are evokers any less gear dependant then a war when it comes to cosmetics. Evokers are just like any other class where a player is gonna wanna see armor. They just don't show it because the dracthyr make it impossible to fit typical armor and blizzard spins it that's it just part of their fantasy. Which is fine to me. If it's not fine to other players then they don't have to roll a drac warrior. What is the issue you have with that?
    Because Blizzard isn't going to allow a Warrior race to not be able to properly display weapons and armor. Hence why Dracthyr are confined to Evoker only, and are going to stay that way.

    And don't tell me it ain't worth the effort cuz you sure as hell know that many players will still roll a drac war or w/e despite the lack of gear.
    Not enough to justify the amount of work required to make it happen, and not enough for Blizzard to deal with the constant complaining and badgering coming from the player base if they ever do it. If you thought the complaining about the Evokers not showing armor in dragon form was annoying, wait until you get Dracthyr warriors, rogues, Shaman, DKs, Mages, Warlocks, etc. demanding that Blizzard give them all the transmogs and allow them to show all their weapons and gear sheathed, even in dragon form.

    Nah, it's best to leave things the way they are.

    Why else are evokers so popular in alpha? I'm sure it's not because they're naked I'll tell u that.
    Did you honestly believe a class based on WoW dragons wouldn't be popular?

    No evokers have the powers of the flights combined with the tenacity and potential of mortals, not the aspects themselves.
    Oh? Name some mortal abilities that they have. From what I see, their abilities are entirely from the Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green dragonflights. Where are the mortal abilities?


    Yeah for now, while drac and evokers remain exclusive to each other, but yet if in lore that isn't the case as. It all dracthyr are evokers.
    Doesn't the lore say that the top Dracthyr are evokers? Wouldn't that mean that a non-Evoker Dracthyr is some sort of mental/physical reject?

    You seriously want to play something like that?

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sounds more like a 3rd Evoker spec, which would make far more sense.
    The third spec would make more sense to be the one dedicated to siege, and have it be a tank spec.

    But nonetheless, other classes will happen eventually especially since they’re already putting in the work to add class animations to Dracthyr.

    Lore wise it makes perfect sense for the Dracthyr anyways, their characters are being set up to be nothing like the dragons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Doesn't the lore say that the top Dracthyr are evokers? Wouldn't that mean that a non-Evoker Dracthyr is some sort of mental/physical reject?

    You seriously want to play something like that?
    Evokers are basically the Archmage/Archdruid equivalent for Dracthyr. They’re the best of the best.
    A Dracthyr not being an Evoker is no less a reject than a regular Mage or Druid.

    The player character is the only (known) Evoker from what we know right now. Though there will probably be a boss fight against another Evoker from the Dracthyr that rebelled.


    Every dracthyr is an expert soldier. Whatever weyrn they serve, they use their talents to defend dragonkind in obedience to the Earth-Warder. Yet even among such illustrious ranks, there are a select few who transcend the skills of their kin. Who are able to master the specialties of all weyrns and shift between roles at will. These are the evokers. The best of the best, finest of the finest.

    These elite forces possess the rare potential to focus their essences into an instrument of preservation or a weapon of devastation. The journey to such mastery is long, and few dracthyr can see this path through. But those who learn to harness their full potential shall be honored with the title of evoker.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-08-08 at 03:54 PM.

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    The third spec would make more sense to be the one dedicated to siege, and have it be a tank spec.
    If the goal is to have a tank spec.

    Evokers are basically the Archmage/Archdruid equivalent for Dracthyr. They’re the best of the best.
    A Dracthyr not being an Evoker is no less a reject than a regular Mage or Druid.
    That really doesn't change the point though. Why would you roll a mage when you can be an Archmage instead?

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That really doesn't change the point though. Why would you roll a mage when you can be an Archmage instead?
    Why roll a Lightforged Warrior when you can be a Lightforged Paladin?
    Practically the same concept.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sounds more like a 3rd Evoker spec, which would make far more sense.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because Blizzard isn't going to allow a Warrior race to not be able to properly display weapons and armor. Hence why Dracthyr are confined to Evoker only, and are going to stay that way.



    Not enough to justify the amount of work required to make it happen, and not enough for Blizzard to deal with the constant complaining and badgering coming from the player base if they ever do it. If you thought the complaining about the Evokers not showing armor in dragon form was annoying, wait until you get Dracthyr warriors, rogues, Shaman, DKs, Mages, Warlocks, etc. demanding that Blizzard give them all the transmogs and allow them to show all their weapons and gear sheathed, even in dragon form.

    Nah, it's best to leave things the way they are.



    Did you honestly believe a class based on WoW dragons wouldn't be popular?



    Oh? Name some mortal abilities that they have. From what I see, their abilities are entirely from the Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green dragonflights. Where are the mortal abilities?




    Doesn't the lore say that the top Dracthyr are evokers? Wouldn't that mean that a non-Evoker Dracthyr is some sort of mental/physical reject?

    You seriously want to play something like that?
    Dude what, like then the majority of the race are rejects???? Lmao no man. Evokers are just the elite of the elite. That's what the edict says. Not saying that those who aren't are undesirables.

    This opens up for drac classes once they being to mingle with the other. Mortal races. Like it can't get more natural than that to get more drac classes. I don't see how.you don't see that.

    If they allow evokers to not have armor then they'll allow the same for wars. Blizzard never said the reason evokers are like that is for the fantasy of a naked dragon.

    And it really.wouldnt take that much work. All they have to do is enable those animation from other classes. They don't need to give them gear.

    Honestly at this point it just seems to me that you just wanna pigeonholed dracthyr evokers as they are forever because of your own personal biases.

    You're willfully choosing to ignore the fact that the edicts revealed that not all dracthyr are evokers as evokers are the elite of the elite.

    Again, that doesn't mean non evokers are rejects....

    I mean dragon warriors already exist with the drakonids who spin their weapons when running.

  11. #51
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Of course, they rever Tyr. Again, they have an entire stronghold named after him with silver hand equiped statues.

    He's part of the reason why modern dragons even exist and by extension the dracthyr.

    So damn straight I'm rolling a drac pally as soon as they happen haha.
    I'm not in Alpha so I can't exactly comment on lore of Dragonflight. But those buildings, from what I saw, look like they've been created by the Titan Keepers, not the dragons. After all, keep in mind that, outside of the Dragon Isles, the dragons have no building created by their own. They're always in caves or groves. And the Wyrmrest Temple looks like it was, again, built by Titan Keepers considering it matches the architecture of Ulduar and the Keepers' buildings.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So you're saying that Dracthyr warriors will be able to stay in visage form the ENTIRE time during combat?
    No. But if you're in combat, the weapon/shield would be in your hand(s) and not on your back, so your point is moot, there.

    The very fact that your solution is to hide the draconic form
    It's not. That was never my "solution", and I never even mentioned anything remotely like that. Don't be dishonest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  12. #52
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Why roll a Lightforged Warrior when you can be a Lightforged Paladin?
    Practically the same concept.
    Uh know its not. Paladins are not more powerful than warriors. That is not claimed in lore, or in gameplay.

    However, an archmage would be more powerful than a standard mage across the board.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm not in Alpha so I can't exactly comment on lore of Dragonflight. But those buildings, from what I saw, look like they've been created by the Titan Keepers, not the dragons. After all, keep in mind that, outside of the Dragon Isles, the dragons have no building created by their own. They're always in caves or groves. And the Wyrmrest Temple looks like it was, again, built by Titan Keepers considering it matches the architecture of Ulduar and the Keepers' buildings.

    - - - Updated - - -


    No. But if you're in combat, the weapon/shield would be in your hand(s) and not on your back, so your point is moot, there.


    It's not. That was never my "solution", and I never even mentioned anything remotely like that. Don't be dishonest.
    Yeah but all that is after the fact when the aspects were empowered after their clash with Galakrond with the help of Tyr who had a huge hand to play, no pun intended.

    U don't need to be in alpha, just read about dawn of the aspects.

    Tyr was the one who suggested the aspects become the guardians of azeroth after they fought side by side. Thus they were empowered from proto drake's to the dragon we know today.

    The first raid in DF is about the dragons who were against that transformation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh know its not. Paladins are not more powerful than warriors. That is not claimed in lore, or in gameplay.

    However, an archmage would be more powerful than a standard mage across the board.
    And evokers aren't more powerful than any other class either... So it actually is exactly the same.

    With your logic why would a light infused draenie choose to become a warrior over a paladin.

  14. #54
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Dude what, like then the majority of the race are rejects???? Lmao no man. Evokers are just the elite of the elite. That's what the edict says. Not saying that those who aren't are undesirables.
    The very term "elite" means that you're above the standard. Thus if Evokers are elite, then everything else is beneath them.

    This opens up for drac classes once they being to mingle with the other. Mortal races. Like it can't get more natural than that to get more drac classes. I don't see how.you don't see that.
    I don't see it because I don't see the point of it if Dracthyr can't wear equipable/transmog armor, or can't properly sheathe weapons and shields.

    If they allow evokers to not have armor then they'll allow the same for wars. Blizzard never said the reason evokers are like that is for the fantasy of a naked dragon.
    Again, players expect a dragon not to wear armor. Playes EXPECT a warrior to be able to wear armor and properly utilize weapons and shields.

    And it really.wouldnt take that much work. All they have to do is enable those animation from other classes. They don't need to give them gear.
    Uh no. You'd literally have to remap every piece of armor in WoW to fit the Dracthyr body. The barbershop "armor" they get is specially designed only for them for that very reason.

    Honestly at this point it just seems to me that you just wanna pigeonholed dracthyr evokers as they are forever because of your own personal biases.
    I'm pigeon-holing the race when Blizzard themselves made the race exclusive to Evokers and vice versa, and used that exclusivity as a selling point for their new expansion?

    Hilarious.

    You're willfully choosing to ignore the fact that the edicts revealed that not all dracthyr are evokers as evokers are the elite of the elite.
    Which means absolutely nothing when it comes to them being able to be other classes or not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

    No. But if you're in combat, the weapon/shield would be in your hand(s) and not on your back, so your point is moot, there.
    Again it isn't moot, because as a player I can choose whether to equip that item and deal with that effect. It is NOT the same thing as having a race that can't do it due to technical limitations, and me as a player being stuck with that limitation throughout my ENTIRE playtime.


    It's not. That was never my "solution", and I never even mentioned anything remotely like that. Don't be dishonest.
    So you didn't say that the solution is to simply be in visage form?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    And evokers aren't more powerful than any other class either... So it actually is exactly the same.
    No it isn't. You said yourself that the Evokers are the elite among the Dracthyr, thus any non-evoker dracthyr aren't on their level.

    With your logic why would a light infused draenie choose to become a warrior over a paladin.
    Except the lore never states that. However, you keep harping on the lore that says that Evokers are the elite among the Dracthyr, which once again indicates that non-Evoker Dracthyr are beneath their level.

    With that said, why anyone would want to play as a gimped warrior that can't wear armor or properly sheathe weapons and shields is something I simply don't get.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The very term "elite" means that you're above the standard. Thus if Evokers are elite, then everything else is beneath them.



    I don't see it because I don't see the point of it if Dracthyr can't wear equipable/transmog armor, or can't properly sheathe weapons and shields.



    Again, players expect a dragon not to wear armor. Playes EXPECT a warrior to be able to wear armor and properly utilize weapons and shields.



    Uh no. You'd literally have to remap every piece of armor in WoW to fit the Dracthyr body. The barbershop "armor" they get is specially designed only for them for that very reason.



    I'm pigeon-holing the race when Blizzard themselves made the race exclusive to Evokers and vice versa, and used that exclusivity as a selling point for their new expansion?

    Hilarious.



    Which means absolutely nothing when it comes to them being able to be other classes or not.
    Dude, dracs are exclusive to evokers because the dracthyr have been asleep for 10000 years.... They were never exposed to anything else.

    Now they are joining the two strongest super powers of azeroth and you're gonna tell me with a straight face that those who aren't evokers aren't gonna choose to be a mage, or a druid, or a paladin.

    Like seriously man.....

    You're one of the most creative posters in this site and you really can't see that?


    A warrior doesn't need armor to use mortal strike. Like there are warriors who are in a loin cloth and they function just fine.

    Dragons as dragons don't use armor and that's fine. They can till be as effective as some random in underwear swing two maces.

    I promise you it's not gonna ruin the fantasy.

    If anything it'll server as lore progression for dracthyr

    Do you want them to stagnate after DF the same way panadren did after mop?

    And the editcs aren't trashing on the non evoker dracs..

    It's just the way it is. The other dracs have their own value, and that's what their groups are for. I forget the term for their clans.

    You might argue that nelf priests and druids we're the top of nelf society. But that doesn't mean nelf wars are "rejects"

    It's just how the society views it.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-08 at 04:38 PM.

  16. #56
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Dude, dracs are exclusive to evokers because the dracthyr have been asleep for 10000 years.... They were never exposed to anything else.
    Don't be silly. Dracs are exclusive to Evokers because Blizzard wanted to make a dragon race/class combo that could allow players to use the powers of the various WoW dragon characters. Hence why they're bragging about it as an expansion feature.

    The fact that you're confusing lore reasonings with actual game design is hilarious.

  17. #57
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Yeah but all that is after the fact when the aspects were empowered after their clash with Galakrond with the help of Tyr who had a huge hand to play, no pun intended.
    And then why didn't they build anything after they were empowered? It's been millennia since they were empowered, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Don't be silly. Dracs are exclusive to Evokers because Blizzard wanted to make a dragon race/class combo that could allow players to use the powers of the various WoW dragon characters. Hence why they're bragging about it as an expansion feature.

    The fact that you're confusing lore reasonings with actual game design is hilarious.
    Okay and they succeeded...

    Are dracthyr rogues gonna delete the evokers from the game now?

    Only reason they don't exist now is for lore reasons.

    Same reason why panadren DKs didn't exist until SL.

    Same reason why goblins and worgen still don't have monks.

    Their intro experience prevent it because theyre stuck in cata era.

    DKs intro was stuck in wrath era.

    But hey, now panadren have their own unique DK experience along with ARs. All it'll take for gobs and worgen monks is to update their intro or force them to start in ER.

    As for drac. After they have spent enough time in the H and A, you can bet those who aren't evokers will choose other paths. Only a fool would deny that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And then why didn't they build anything after they were empowered? It's been millennia since they were empowered, after all.
    I dunno man. They don't like getting concrete in their claws?

    All I know is that Tyr and dragons have close history with each other. It's not coincidence that the keeper who was close with dragonkind has a complex in the dragon's ancestral home.

    And since the silver hand is inspired from Tyr. Then you can bet some non evoker dracs will prob join them. Or form their own order much like the blood knights or sunwalkers, or prelates.

    In honor of Tyr. The one who made them possible to exits the way they do today.

    I mean with out Tyr there's no earth warder neltharion, which means there's no dracthyr.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-08 at 04:51 PM.

  19. #59
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again it isn't moot, because as a player I can choose whether to equip that item and deal with that effect.
    It is moot because you complained that you would have to be in visage form during combat to see the weapon sheathed on their backs. And the reason it is moot is because, during combat, the weapon would be in your hands.

    It is NOT the same thing as having a race that can't do it due to technical limitations,
    There are zero technical limitations. If Blizzard wanted they could have the weapon clip through the wings with no problem. Like they do with the chest armor already.

    Not to mention they can just make the weapon disappear when sheathed on their backs while in Dracthyr form. Besides, this "hiding weapon when sheathed on the back" that you call so egregious that it would never happen... is already happening in the game FOR THE DRACTHYR:



    You see that? Staves. That the dracthyr can use. Staves that are stashed on your back.

    So you didn't say that the solution is to simply be in visage form?
    Nope. I never even mentioned anything regarding "staying in visage form all the time" since it's immaterial to this discussion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I dunno man. They don't like getting concrete in their claws?
    *shrugs* They have servants, in the form of drakonids.

    But the point is that it's highly unlikely that dragons ever built anything, and just lived 'on the land', and all buildings they currently may inhabit, such as the Wyrmrest Temple likely were built by the Titan Keepers, which would include the buildings in the Dragon Isles, which would explain and make sense why there's so much iconography for Tyr, especially if he was the one who supervised its construction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It is moot because you complained that you would have to be in visage form during combat to see the weapon sheathed on their backs. And the reason it is moot is because, during combat, the weapon would be in your hands.


    There are zero technical limitations. If Blizzard wanted they could have the weapon clip through the wings with no problem. Like they do with the chest armor already.

    Not to mention they can just make the weapon disappear when sheathed on their backs while in Dracthyr form. Besides, this "hiding weapon when sheathed on the back" that you call so egregious that it would never happen... is already happening in the game FOR THE DRACTHYR:



    You see that? Staves. That the dracthyr can use. Staves that are stashed on your back.


    Nope. I never even mentioned anything regarding "staying in visage form all the time" since it's immaterial to this discussion.

    - - - Updated - - -


    *shrugs* They have servants, in the form of drakonids.

    But the point is that it's highly unlikely that dragons ever built anything, and just lived 'on the land', and all buildings they currently may inhabit, such as the Wyrmrest Temple likely were built by the Titan Keepers, which would include the buildings in the Dragon Isles, which would explain and make sense why there's so much iconography for Tyr, especially if he was the one who supervised its construction.
    Fine but then that's probably why that area around Tyrhold became their ancestral home, because they're BFFs with tyr.


    Maybe the lesser keepers built.Tyrhold after the aspects empowerment?


    Either way it means I get to play a drac paladin in minimum 2 years, lmao

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •