Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Okay and they succeeded...

    Are dracthyr rogues gonna delete the evokers from the game now?

    Only reason they don't exist now is for lore reasons.

    Same reason why panadren DKs didn't exist until SL.

    Same reason why goblins and worgen still don't have monks.
    And again, it was never a lore issue. It is a technical issue. They purposely designed the Dracthyr to ONLY be an Evoker. The fact that you don't understand this and are latching on to some silly lore or some throwaway comments from Ion simply shows that I'm wasting my time here.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And again, it was never a lore issue. It is a technical issue. They purposely designed the Dracthyr to ONLY be an Evoker. The fact that you don't understand this and are latching on to some silly lore or some throwaway comments from Ion simply shows that I'm wasting my time here.
    To tell their story the right way....

    There is no technical issue that would prevent them.

    They already have animations for other classes.

    Now we see that that it's possible lore wise to get other classes.

    But at the beginning it makes better sense to only have dracthyr evokers.

    Idk where you getting this technical impossibility.

    Go into the dressing room, the animations are there. And if they aren't they can be added.

    And lack of armor isn't a technical impossibility.

    Ask that caveman paladin follower from WOD if you don't believe me.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-08 at 05:11 PM.

  3. #63
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Either way it means I get to play a drac paladin in minimum 2 years, lmao
    Regardless, I don't think you should count more classes for the dracthyr immediately on the next expansion after DF. I imagine it'll take at least a couple expansions before that happens, considering Blizzard's track record in expanding race/class combos.

    Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely to happen? Not at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They purposely designed the Dracthyr to ONLY be an Evoker.
    They didn't. They really didn't. This is just your own headcanon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  4. #64
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    To tell their story the right way....

    There is no technical issue that would prevent them.
    They can’t wear transmog armor, and they can’t sheathe weapons and shields. Those are technical issues.

    Don’t you think if Blizzard’s goal was to make them playable for all classes, they would simply make them like Drakonoids (which would pretty much be a reskinned Tauren or Draenei) that could easily use existing transmog and sheathe weapons? Not only would that be easier to design, you could EASILY move them over to other classes.

    Why would you go through all the trouble of creating a new unique racial model that can’t wear mogs and can’t sheathe weapons? That makes ZERO sense design-wise.

    Unless of course your ONLY point in creating the Dracthyr was for the Evoker class.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They didn't. They really didn't. This is just your own headcanon.
    Which is why Dracthyrs racials are improved in the Evoker talent tree right? Can you provide another example where a race’s racials are improved in any class’ talents? I can’t think of a single case where that has happened in the history of the game…..

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They can’t wear transmog armor, and they can’t sheathe weapons and shields. Those are technical issues.

    Don’t you think if Blizzard’s goal was to make them playable for all classes, they would simply make them like Drakonoids (which would pretty much be a reskinned Tauren or Draenei) that could easily use existing transmog and sheathe weapons? Not only would that be easier to design, you could EASILY move them over to other classes.

    Why would you go through all the trouble of creating a new unique racial model that can’t wear mogs and can’t sheathe weapons? That makes ZERO sense design-wise.

    Unless of course your ONLY point in creating the Dracthyr was for the Evoker class.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Which is why Dracthyrs racials are improved in the Evoker talent tree right? Can you provide another example where a race’s racials are improved in any class’ talents? I can’t think of a single case where that has happened in the history of the game…..
    That is bizarre I'll give you that, but not something that can't be removed in alpha or in 11.0 when talents and classes get reworked to accommodate changes. Now there's no harm no foul since it's one class and.one race together.

    But dude. The armor issue isn't an issue.

    They don't wear it because they're dragons and dragon don't wear armor outside of visage.

    That still doesn't prevent them from being.other classes. Again, loin cloth warrior exists. You think a magical lizard is gonna have an issue?

    You're just projecting your own preferences in some weird fear that evokers will be ruined because they can be other classes.

    Now if we had a stripper class that undresses themselves to do damage by chucking their thong at the raid boss's face then I'd say you have a point.

    But telling me a dracthyr can't and shouldn't be a war since they don't have visible armor is just silly.

  6. #66
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    That is bizarre I'll give you that…
    It’s not bizarre at all if you simply realize that the Dracthyr was specifically designed for the Evoker class and Vice versa. Again, the design goal is for the player to be a dragon. Dracthyr provides the body and racials of a dragon, Evoker provides the abilities of a dragon.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s not bizarre at all if you simply realize that the Dracthyr was specifically designed for the Evoker class and Vice versa. Again, the design goal is for the player to be a dragon. Dracthyr provides the body and racials of a dragon, Evoker provides the abilities of a dragon.
    Yeah for now...

    Cuz that's the reality for now. One class for one race. So it doesn't really matter.

    But once that's no longer the case in a future expansion I'm sure those talents won't exist. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it past alpha.

    What's even more bizarre is that if you were 100% right with what you're claiming on blizzards intentions. Then why give dracthyr racials to begin with?

    Seems kinda redundant if you ask me if they'd make the entire class their racial.

    Which just makes me believe that those will be the racials for other dracthyr classes and the evoker talents will eventually fade out.

    Look we could debate all day. Only blizzard really knows for sure.

    All I know is that it'd be silly if the majority of dracthyr aren't even evokers then why wouldn't we eventually have other classes made available after the dracthyr spend an expansion or two fighting side by side 12 other forms.of combat.

    Naked or not. As long as they can swing a sword or channel the light. Etc etc.

  8. #68
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Fine but then that's probably why that area around Tyrhold became their ancestral home, because they're BFFs with tyr.


    Maybe the lesser keepers built.Tyrhold after the aspects empowerment?


    Either way it means I get to play a drac paladin in minimum 2 years, lmao
    Dracthyr Rogue would be cool too I think.
    Surprisingly the rogue animations don’t look that bad on Dracthyr.

  9. #69
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which is why Dracthyrs racials are improved in the Evoker talent tree right? Can you provide another example where a race’s racials are improved in any class’ talents? I can’t think of a single case where that has happened in the history of the game…..
    That only means that the class was made with the race in mind, and not the other way around like you claim it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  10. #70
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Yeah for now...
    Forever.

    What's even more bizarre is that if you were 100% right with what you're claiming on blizzards intentions. Then why give dracthyr racials to begin with?
    There's nothing bizarre about that. You give the Dracthyr racials because they are a WoW race. Them being confined to a single class doesn't change that.


    Look we could debate all day. Only blizzard really knows for sure.
    Blizzard made their intentions crystal clear. Which is why the Dracthyr and the Evoker are one in the same;

    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    NEW PLAYABLE RACE-AND-CLASS
    DRACTHYR EVOKER
    Dominate the Dragon Isles as a newly awakened Dracthyr Evoker, World of Warcraft’s first-ever playable race-and-class combo.
    https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-us/

  11. #71
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Forever.



    There's nothing bizarre about that. You give the Dracthyr racials because they are a WoW race. Them being confined to a single class doesn't change that.



    Blizzard made their intentions crystal clear. Which is why the Dracthyr and the Evoker are one in the same;



    https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-us/
    If blizzard was absolutely against the idea of Dracthyr being other classes they wouldn’t have added animations for other classes to Dracthyr.

    They wouldn’t have said that it’s possible/would make sense for Dracthyr to become other classes in the future after DF.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Forever.



    There's nothing bizarre about that. You give the Dracthyr racials because they are a WoW race. Them being confined to a single class doesn't change that.



    Blizzard made their intentions crystal clear. Which is why the Dracthyr and the Evoker are one in the same;



    https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-us/

    which is why they confirmed not all dracthyr are evokers and why the director himself said its a possibility, right?

    I guess most dracthyr are just doomed to auto attack till the end of time, no potential ever to learn the ways of the druid, who are very closely tied to green dragons, or mages who are closely tied to red and blue dragons.

    What you truly have against open classes to dracthyr ill never know, but coming from you honestly I'm disappointed since your concepts are so creative. Yet you cant imagine a draconic warrior who was never able to make it as an evoker?????

    I mean look at this.....

    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/dressin...8Eqv87VTPn87cz

    How awesome.is that?

    The visage looks even better but don't have the time right now to post it.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-08 at 06:48 PM.

  13. #73
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    If blizzard was absolutely against the idea of Dracthyr being other classes they wouldn’t have added animations for other classes to Dracthyr.

    They wouldn’t have said that it’s possible/would make sense for Dracthyr to become other classes in the future after DF.
    As I said, if the goal was to make the Dracthyr available to other classes in the future they would have went the easy route and simply made playable Drakonoids like you always wanted. The fact that they didn’t, and made the racial model the antithesis of non-Evoker classes shows their intentions loud and clear.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As I said, if the goal was to make the Dracthyr available to other classes in the future they would have went the easy route and simply made playable Drakonoids like you always wanted. The fact that they didn’t, and made the racial model the antithesis of non-Evoker classes shows their intentions loud and clear.
    You're the only one who's saying not having armor goes against what it means to be a warrior when there's npc, paladins and wars running around in underwear.

    Garrosh is practically half naked with leggings ffs.

    Like dude tell me, what do YOU lose. Or what does WOW lose by opening up dracthyr classes?

    Like what the heck you have against that.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-08 at 06:53 PM.

  15. #75
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You're the only one who's saying not having armor goes against what it means to be a warrior when there's npc, paladins and wars running around in underwear.

    Like dude tell me, what do YOU lose. Or what does WOW lose by opening up dracthyr classes?

    Like what the heck you have against that.
    Pass. This discussion is ultimately pointless, because Blizzard’s design goals are clear. Feel free to wait for this “inevitable” development alongside DH fans waiting for an “inevitable” third spec and more DH races.

  16. #76
    The director stating possible dracthyr wars is CLEAR that the have 0 intention to make it a possibility?

    The game stating that not all dracs are evokers means no chance at all?


    I dunno about third spec. But races of course.

    DKs already did it. We just need the right scenario where the illidari are training other races willing to take up the mantel. Make it a short scenario like the panda and AR dk intro.

    It'll happen. They already said one of their goals is to not restrict players on class and race.

    Which leaves us with YOU having some kind of weird thing against more dracthyr classes. Lmao come on man.

    You have extremely detailed class concepts and somehow a drac warrior is blasphemy. WTF to that..
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-08 at 07:01 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They put the time in to give Goblins and Worgen Monk animations. Still no Goblin or Worgen Monks.

    That was over 10 years ago.
    Honestly, the only thing standing in the way of worgen and goblin monks is that their unique starting experiences take place before Pandaria was revealed and the monk class spread across the world. But thanks to exile's reach being a thing now, there's no reason blizz couldn't just force worgen and goblin monks into exiles reach as their starting experience.

    As far as Lightforged go, they've been on Azeroth long enough now that there's no reason some of them couldn't start learning to be monks or existine draenei monks sign up to be lightforged. I'm actually surprised monk wasnt added to these last three races with mage, rogue, priest for all in Dragonflight.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Honestly, the only thing standing in the way of worgen and goblin monks is that their unique starting experiences take place before Pandaria was revealed and the monk class spread across the world. But thanks to exile's reach being a thing now, there's no reason blizz couldn't just force worgen and goblin monks into exiles reach as their starting experience.

    As far as Lightforged go, they've been on Azeroth long enough now that there's no reason some of them couldn't start learning to be monks. I'm actually surprised monk wasnt added to these last three races with mage, rogue, priest for all in Dragonflight.
    Give it time...

    It'll happen.

    I wouldnt be surprised if one of the major features for 11.0 is full race class combos.

    The only issue I see are maghar locks and DH but we'll see what lore they come up with to justify it.

  19. #79
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The fact that they didn’t, and made the racial model the antithesis of non-Evoker classes shows their intentions loud and clear.
    You're objectively wrong in everything you said, there.

    They haven't made it "the antithesis of non-evoker classes". The Dracthyr race can easily be made to choose other classes.

    Your sole point of contention is "can't stash weapons on the back" which has already been debunked by the game itself since one of the evoker's weapons of choice is a staff. Which is stashed on your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  20. #80
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As I said, if the goal was to make the Dracthyr available to other classes in the future they would have went the easy route and simply made playable Drakonoids like you always wanted. The fact that they didn’t, and made the racial model the antithesis of non-Evoker classes shows their intentions loud and clear.
    I still got my playable Drakonids in a way and the class that casts dragon magic.

    Weird how every time you try and say Blizzard’s intentions you’re almost always proven wrong.
    (Like what I said previously about you claiming Dracthyr won’t wear armor, won’t have any weapons, the ‘dragon class’ wouldn’t be humanoid… etc)

    I still don’t get where you’re getting your information from in thinking blizzard “made their intentions clear” on the Dracthyr never being other classes.
    Despite the Game Director saying otherwise… and class-specific animations being made for the Dracthyr.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    which is why they confirmed not all dracthyr are evokers and why the director himself said its a possibility, right?

    I guess most dracthyr are just doomed to auto attack till the end of time, no potential ever to learn the ways of the druid, who are very closely tied to green dragons, or mages who are closely tied to red and blue dragons.

    What you truly have against open classes to dracthyr ill never know, but coming from you honestly I'm disappointed since your concepts are so creative. Yet you cant imagine a draconic warrior who was never able to make it as an evoker?????

    I mean look at this.....

    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/dressin...8Eqv87VTPn87cz

    How awesome.is that?

    The visage looks even better but don't have the time right now to post it.
    Dracthyr Pally does look dope though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Your sole point of contention is "can't stash weapons on the back" which has already been debunked by the game itself since one of the evoker's weapons of choice is a staff. Which is stashed on your back.
    Don’t forget that Evokers can also use 2H Swords, 2H Maces, and 2H Axes
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-08-08 at 07:41 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •