Question Little Help from the Lore Geeks?

I am looking for help in finding some particular quest lines for the experience I want.

I played a lot circa 2010-2011, and again 2016-2018. I didn't come back to join a raid team this time, just to muck around in some old story lines as I decompress after work. I left off in Battle for Azeroth, and want to play through some of the prominent quest lines I missed. I am particularly interested in playing my Troll Shadow Hunter (how I think of him) through the quests with Saurfang, and *anything* with Bwonsamdi or Voljin. Problem is, when you log in with out-of-date characters, the game naturally funnels you toward all the catch-up mechanisms. I even found some of the original zone quests being reclassified as 'trivial' and thus invisible unless I checked the box to see them. Zones are time-twisted so it's hard to keep track of which patch I'm in, with all the different raid tiers happening at same time.

Which particular quest threads/quest lines should I be hawking?
    Links from Wowhead would be welcome; I just figured this group would be faster than me at knowing which to search for. If you can comment with the wowhead links for particular questlines I should search out, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If you're in and around BfA, ensure you've enabled the display of low-level/trivial quests, and you can find the breadcrumbs for the following arcs of interest:

Bwonsamdi
    Saurfang
    Vol'jin

Every quest on WoWpedia should have a link to WoWhead as well, as needed. Additionally, the Night Fae Covenant campaign series in Shadowlands also touches a good deal on both Bwonsamdi and Vol'jin. Not exclusively, but it's the main campaign that covers the ongoing story from BfA concerning the fate of Vol'jin's spirit, Bwonsamdi's issues with his "boss" the Loa Mueh'zala, and both characters' roles in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-08-27 at 11:16 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you're in and around BfA, ensure you've enabled the display of low-level/trivial quests, and you can find the breadcrumbs for the following arcs of interest:

Bwonsamdi
    Saurfang
    Vol'jin

Every quest on WoWpedia should have a link to WoWhead as well, as needed. Additionally, the Night Fae Covenant campaign series in Shadowlands also touches a good deal on both Bwonsamdi and Vol'jin. Not exclusively, but it's the main campaign that covers the ongoing story from BfA concerning the fate of Vol'jin's spirit, Bwonsamdi's issues with his "boss" the Loa Mueh'zala, and both characters' roles in the Shadowlands.
    Thanks Aucald!

I think you will need to finish the campaign storyline before getting access to the saurfang scenari. I seem to remember it being offered on Nathanos' boat. If you're interested in Vol'jin story, you have quests left and right to do, between zandalari allied race unlock scenario, some random quest line about vol'jin asking you to beat the first raid ultimate boss (random as in it popped a month after the raid release).

But one thing that is quite important is to at least do Nazmir and once you're starting the Shadowlands you will be asked to choose a congregation, at this point choose night fae.

You're going to want to head to the Valley of Four Winds, to the Lorewalkers building. From there I believe Lorewalker Cho will allow you to enter the MoP scenarios. One of which is Dagger in the Dark, which involves a quest experience with Vol'jin

Good Tips ~ Thanks All!