Poll: Should flex mythic raiding exist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think the better solution here is to offer 10-man Mythic again (back in the day, known as heroic).

Yes, there may be situations where 10 man might be easier than 20, and vice versa, but 20 will still be seen as the "real" Mythic by the RWF community anyway. 10 man mythic (known as 10man heroic at the time) used to be a thing before WoD. It was awesome and allowed us to do the hardest content in the game with a smaller group of people, which made it easier to assemble a team. If it's that big of a problem for RWF, keep 10-man mythic closed for 2 weeks.

Re-introducing 10-man mythic difficulty would fill a void that currently exists in WoW's raiding landscape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lol what. You crazy.
    Yep, people always get mad that other people that arent as good as them do things they did after it was nerfed to the ground.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

All raids should be 10 man. There should just be normal and heroic. You should be able to queue for normal and need an organized group for heroic. The system is wildly bloated.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    All raids should be 10 man. There should just be normal and heroic. You should be able to queue for normal and need an organized group for heroic. The system is wildly bloated.
    Flex raid size is the best thing that ever happenend to the casual wow community.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Flex raid size is the best thing that ever happenend to the casual wow community.
    10 man raids were significantly easier to put groups together for than flex raids.
    -ynnady

10 man raids were significantly easier to put groups together for than flex raids.
    Unless you had like 14 people in your guild who wanted to raid.

Like how is "fixed 10 man" easier to put groups together than "flex 10-30 man" raids? If you have exactly 10 people (or a multiple of 10), you can do either. If you have any other amount, flex is better.

Name one situation, where it's easier to fill a 10 man raid than a flex? Maybe I'm missing something here

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    having flex size would mean every boss would be easier in certain size, and people would be benched for bosses where they are "over the limit"... especialy on bosses with important "Spread" mechanics
    theres surely more reason, this is just first to come to mind...
    People are benched in every tier for a whole variety of reasons. Benching players is a part of Mythic, unless you're one of the insane groups who runs with exactly 20 raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

5+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to have it flexible from 1 to 20 people. Optionally, with the Torghast system to choose from or without it.

Yeah, fuck all those people who want hard content. Who even cares about them, it's not what YOU care about therefore it's irrelevant. You go, girl!

On topic: flex mythic will never work, because the whole REASON they went away from 10/25 raiding is that it was impractical to tune things to be cutting-edge difficult but also work for a variety of raid sizes. There's too much going on with available space, number of people affected by things, roles that need to be filled, ratios between roles, etc. etc. to make this feasible in any way.

Could they reduce ALL mythic to be JUST 10-man? Possibly. Whether or not that's a good idea is another question. There's some pros, some cons. But it's never going to be flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Make rwf till first is done then unlock flex. They keep bragging about their sliders to tune content, it shouldn’t be that hard to flex tune now.
    No, the rest of us like to do tuned content not just world first players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Yes! Every single tier we start heroic with 19-20 people, and end it with 14-15. Now we have to sit on our asses until next tier or reclear heroic, which no one wants to. We want to start pushing into mythic raiding, but we never have the people, as recruiting in this game is satan tier trash. No proper tools to do so, hardly any players left and the few that are left just pug instead, as thats simpler now. And chat channels are spammed to death so recruiting is impossible. So instead we unsub until next tier, and everynew tier when we are supposed to resub for new content. we lost 1-2 players. Our guild has been pushing it since Legion, but i think DF gonna be our last expansion before we as a guild die.

If we could keep going mythic flex after clearing heroic. We would keep playing instead of unsubbing and loosing players
    There are a ton of tools for recruiting? Try using warcraft logs or wow progress or guildsofwow or even just the recruiting forums. Yes that requires you to actually spend some time setting them up and then maybe an hour a week checking them but that isn't satan tier trash.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    I’ve written in a number of threads how the entire focus on raids and mythic raids is a fool’s errand and a remnant of a bygone age. WoW has like 500 dungeons and raids that aren’t utilized at all. The entire game needs a revamp and reprioritization of goals and things to do. Use the existing content but make everything puggable until a certain difficulty slider. Hell, make raids soloable at the easiest level. WoW could be by far the greatest sandbox funpark with endless things to do and grind if the affix and random boss and scaling difficulty was applied everywhere. Instead we got 1 mythic raid that 0,5% of the community engages with and a mountain of abandoned zones and content.
    So you want all raids to scale to current loot levels?

Quote Originally Posted by skajaki View Post
    As a member of a AoTC guild I feel like our guild is slowly dieing with each patch due to the lack of content and rewards there is from raiding atm.
    There's no incentative to do HC for gear due to M+, and after getting the achievement we have no reason to go back. This leads to people taking a break and/or quitting the game. And when the next raid patch comes out, we have to try to recruit good people once again and so on, making it a part-time job to maintain the roster.

This has been an issue for the entire game's lifespan even when raiding was the only source of gear, though. Recruiting always sucks!

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno, even back in LK you needed a roster of 11-12 to do 10 man raids in case someone missed. Woulda been better with Flex!

There are arguments for it and against it.

My guild is in the same boat. It's hard to gather 20 people, and when we manage to do it, there's always someone who should be replaced, but we just can't. We're recruiting all the time, but barely anyone comes and naturally some people quit. Raiding with 19, 18 or even 17 people sometimes is depressing. I like the people I'm raiding with, I like raiding in general so I don't want to quit neither my guild nor the game. But the fact is that the game doesn't have as many players as it used to. And with the vault giving mythic ilev gear, people just don't want to sit in a guild being a "backup", they just change a guild.

My only hope is that DF will revitalize the playerbase a bit and our problem will be solved. For a time...

10 man mythic would be the only thing that could get me back into raiding.
    I signed up to play a video game, not a hr/logistics simulation game.

Trying to get 20 people together, 1-2 times a week, with 0 absence, no rotations, is just unrealistic, so if you're going to bother with recruiting a bench, or rotating people per encounter, you're gonna have to raid more often, or John who had to be rotated an entire reset (because you only raid 1-2 days) will be sad and quit your guild.

Forcing everyone into these 2-5 day cloneguilds where you are just another cog in the 20 man machine.

Add to that, you got 2 tanks for a playerbase of 20+, so cliques will form around m+ farming early on, and if you're unlucky you're pugging keys or playing offspecs on patch day.

There's just so much bad about having 20 man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    10 man mythic would be the only thing that could get me back into raiding.
    I signed up to play a video game, not a hr/logistics simulation game.

Trying to get 20 people together, 1-2 times a week, with 0 absence, no rotations, is just unrealistic, so if you're going to bother with recruiting a bench, or rotating people per encounter, you're gonna have to raid more often, or John who had to be rotated an entire reset (because you only raid 1-2 days) will be sad and quit your guild.

Forcing everyone into these 2-5 day cloneguilds where you are just another cog in the 20 man machine.

Add to that, you got 2 tanks for a playerbase of 20+, so cliques will form around m+ farming early on, and if you're unlucky you're pugging keys or playing offspecs on patch day.

There's just so much bad about having 20 man raids.
    Organized and scheduled gaming is archaic. Most people want to log in and compete. They want to come back tomorrow or next month.

Organized and scheduled gaming is archaic. Most people want to log in and compete. They want to come back tomorrow or next month.
    Good thing there are plenty of games you can do that in some people want to raid at scheduled times that's what games like wow exist for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Good thing there are plenty of games you can do that in some people want to raid at scheduled times that's what games like wow exist for.
    That’s the whole point. WoW is declining because it’s -not- for ’most people’. Most people are playing other games. That’s what Blizzard needs to change.

And you can do that in WoW, just not at the highest level.

You think it's any different in say, LoL or whatever? To compete at the highest level there you also need a team, and that means scheduling. Anything ad-hoc will be at a lower level.

If you just want to do heroics, you can do those at any time of the day in WoW, without a guild or team. Just hop into group finder and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Guild. Guild. People are in guilds because they don't want pugs in their groups.
    Yeah, it's called recruitment. When people leave, you find new ones. Staying together as a guild for 3+ years is the exception, not the rule. Or leave and find a functional guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post

Dunno, even back in LK you needed a roster of 11-12 to do 10 man raids in case someone missed. Woulda been better with Flex!
    Maybe, I'm certainly open minded to more restrained flex setups, but the wide range for flex right now is obnoxious and makes forming groups more difficult, not less. It's virtually impossible to do 10-12 man raids right now, so the option to do it is meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yeah, fuck all those people who want hard content. Who even cares about them, it's not what YOU care about therefore it's irrelevant. You go, girl!
    More people play wow for pet battling than play wow for the second half of mythic raid level difficulty. We don't center the entire game's systems around pet battlers, so why should we center it around 1% of players who want to beat their face against a mythic endboss for two months? Should they have have something to do? Sure. Should the rest of the game be carefully throttled to appease them? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Unless you had like 14 people in your guild who wanted to raid.

Like how is "fixed 10 man" easier to put groups together than "flex 10-30 man" raids? If you have exactly 10 people (or a multiple of 10), you can do either. If you have any other amount, flex is better.

Name one situation, where it's easier to fill a 10 man raid than a flex? Maybe I'm missing something here
    When you enjoy smaller group content and are tired of a system that is constantly wildly imbalanced.
    -ynnady