Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Might be the best time to do a Warcraft 2 movie

If they keep it simple stick to the original plot and bring the charm of warcraft.

Face it, classic stories, told well are killing at the box office vs all this subversive ultra woke, intersectional feminism crap a lot of movies are doing, or just plain bad story telling.

Look at Maverick and Spiderman No way Home - people are crying for pure entertainment that's just good, and in fact are loving a classic tale that's about the story, not representation, which we dont care about if it is done well or it's not changing an IP's original to tick boxes and score social media and political advertising points ...a lot of studios seem to write off classics as cliche or somehow think themun desired because the Twitter crazies arent interested in anything but their sub culture stuff. This has resulted in the good classic now being the exception rather than the rule, and people love it so a good time to revisit a story like warcraft on the big screen imo.

Warcraft we all know is not original in terms of story or plot, but it told simple stories well and had its charm

What is its charm? The setting, the magic, Azeroth this hodge podge of pop fiction tropes all coexisting side by side and that was is actually original, despite many of the elements not being..

The art and the fantasy is also quite appealing, and that is its charm.

Tell a simple classic story well and show all the charm of your world and location and it will do well.

Warcraft 1 veered too off the original, and didnt properly frame things, everything seemed rushed with focus too divided and too heavy on the monster orcs than relatable humans. Story should have been told mostly from the human perspective, which new viewers can relate to. This really makes WC2 and especially 3 quite the twist when you realise the orcs arent the monsters they appear.

Tbh Wc1 needed an extra 30-45 mins, maybe even an hour, with more focus on Azeroth and Stormwind and it would have been much better . Starting by introducing and building up Stormwind, Medivh/Lane/Anduin Lother trio, the wife family etc.. show it's a cool place, good king, good guardian with something off, etc build a relationship for us and the humans, before doing the orcs and the set up there, especiallly before introducing the orc and Gul'Dan.

But I think making the movie now would be the best time for a while what do you think?*
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-08 at 06:57 AM.

Given the heat that blizzard has been under lately, although it`s been bad PR, it`s still PR and if they went "full-send" and made a lich king movie with henry cavill as arthas, they could capitalise on that PR in a massive way.

Personally i didnt hate the Warcraft movie, and lowkey hoping that they make more, but that might just be the nostalgia of seeing my all time most played/favorite game on the big screen

Any money invested in movie with live actors and CGI will be absolutely wasted.
    They tried it so many times and it fails 99% of the time.
    The only movie/series from video games can be only be good if are animated imho.
    Just make 2hours movie of something like Lords of War (from WoD) or Warbringers (from BFA) and i am happy.
    Riot masterpiece named Arcane could also be perfect starting point.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-08-08 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    all this subversive ultra woke, intersectional feminism crap
    about the story, not representation
    social media and political advertising points
    Twitter crazies arent interested in anything but their sub culture stuff.
    Jesus fucking wept. Get a grip.

Man that movie kinda sucked and didn't make a lot of money and was critically panned

LETS MAKE A SEQUAL...

whatever you are smoking I kind of want some if your that delusional

Now they know for sure they could only recoup their losses by making the film explicitly pro-china, whats the point?
    I dont want some chinese domestic market crap.

With all the political crap Blizzard is currently adding to their games, it's probably the worst time for us to receive a movie from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    If they keep it simple stick to the original plot and bring the charm of warcraft.

Face it, classic stories, told well are killing at the box office vs all this subversive ultra woke, intersectional feminism crap a lot of movies are doing, or just plain bad story telling.

Look at Maverick and Spiderman No way Home - people are crying for pure entertainment that's just good, and in fact are loving a classic tale that's about the story, not representation, which we dont care about if it is done well or it's not changing an IP's original to tick boxes and score social media and political advertising points ...a lot of studios seem to write off classics as cliche or somehow think themun desired because the Twitter crazies arent interested in anything but their sub culture stuff. This has resulted in the good classic now being the exception rather than the rule, and people love it so a good time to revisit a story like warcraft on the big screen imo.

Warcraft we all know is not original in terms of story or plot, but it told simple stories well and had its charm

What is its charm? The setting, the magic, Azeroth this hodge podge of pop fiction tropes all coexisting side by side and that was is actually original, despite many of the elements not being..

The art and the fantasy is also quite appealing, and that is its charm.

Tell a simple classic story well and show all the charm of your world and location and it will do well.

Warcraft 1 veered too off the original, and didnt properly frame things, everything seemed rushed with focus too divided and too heavy on the monster orcs than relatable humans. Story should have been told mostly from the human perspective, which new viewers can relate to. This really makes WC2 and especially 3 quite the twist when you realise the orcs arent the monsters they appear.

Tbh Wc1 needed an extra 30-45 mins, maybe even an hour, with more focus on Azeroth and Stormwind and it would have been much better . Starting by introducing and building up Stormwind, Medivh/Lane/Anduin Lother trio, the wife family etc.. show it's a cool place, good king, good guardian with something off, etc build a relationship for us and the humans, before doing the orcs and the set up there, especiallly before introducing the orc and Gul'Dan.

But I think making the movie now would be the best time for a while what do you think?*
    I think that making a movie takes a lot of time, so if now is the time for a new movie then they are already far too late.

Though there are currently unfolding events that might be suitable for adoption into a new movie, as though overt politics rarely fit well into a movie (and are usually a mark of incompetent censors) they can still be incorporated semi-subtly to positive effect.

Perhaps Ner'zul could have his look altered to look a bit like Putin for example, alter either the Horde or the scourge (or both) to incorporate elements of cultures or systems you deem repugnant, etc..
    Personally i would not agree much with these politics, but i could see them being used to produce a better movie, and secure additional funds&favors as well from interested parties.

In that sense the time could definitely be ripe for a new movie, but it depends on what you mean for the movie to do; incorporate/cater current events (i.e. world politics and growing woke backlash) or to entertain the present mood, the latter of which is quite impossible if they were to start (or restart) now.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Ahh have you paid any attention to what blizz is like now?

Would the main character be body-type 1 or body-type 2?

Honestly if blizz makes another movie its going to be some dreadful woke bullshit cringefest.

What i would want out of a warcraft 2 movie? blood violence black magic heroism and every other scene looking like the cover of a deathmetal album. What i will get is some bullshit interspecies love triangle and hollow lectures about racism, sexism and every other ism the worst people on the planet are offended by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    This whole post is just an excuse to burden the forum with yet another with cringey attempt to "own the libs." Crying about feminism in movies on a gaming forum is peak "still living in mom's basement" energy lol. Incels gonna incel I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, good thing WC2 never had allegories about fascism, or that WC3 never had strong female protagonists, stories about casting off slavery, and direct admonishments of racial discrimination...

...oh wait.
    I remember how when i played warcraft 3 i didnt have my nose rubbed in it every 3 minutes. The strong female characters were allowed to be strong without being constantly reminded that females have it so much harder but they are 5x better than everyone else because of GiRl PoWa!1!
    The masculine orcs invaded ashenvale and were confronted by the amazonianesque night elves and gave them immediate respect based on their battle prowess, we didnt have to suffer ignorant male strawmen getting pummeled by mary sue self inserts.
    Sylvanas was a badass in war3 because she was a driven antihero bent on revenge, not because of girl powa or some other bullshit.

OOPS! i should say 'body-type2 powa' sorry for whoever/whatever/whenever they is that got offended by that/this.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I remember how when i played warcraft 3 i didnt have my nose rubbed in it every 3 minutes. The strong female characters were allowed to be strong without being constantly reminded that females have it so much harder but they are 5x better than everyone else because of GiRl PoWa!1!
    The masculine orcs invaded ashenvale and were confronted by the amazonianesque night elves and gave them immediate respect based on their battle prowess, we didnt have to suffer ignorant male strawmen getting pummeled by mary sue self inserts.
    Sylvanas was a badass in war3 because she was a driven antihero bent on revenge, not because of girl powa or some other bullshit.

OOPS! i should say 'body-type2 powa' sorry for whoever/whatever/whenever they is that got offended by that/this.
    One of the best posts i've seen on this forum.
    Well done sir.

Sylvanas was never an antihero.

I watched the first one like two years ago. My niece was in control of Netflix that evening, but I knew the first movie was shit long before I sat down and watched it. It was actually way worse than I feared with literally no redeeming qualities. It was probably the worst movie I had seen in a very long time, It's one of those movies where you can tell the others that they don't have to pause the movie when you go for a long dump. I can't see anybody spending millions on creating another sequel, unless they want to throw their money away.

It would have the potential to be the next Game of Thrones. Even if it's a movie and not a TV show, they can represent the various political fractures within the Alliance, the bickering between the kingdoms, the betrayal of Alterac, as well as the aftermath, including Daval Prestor's manipulations. While keeping the presence of an overarching villain that must be dealt with somehow, the Horde.

It would also introduce the masses to Alleria and Turalyon (great war heroes of the Second War), in anticipation for the release of the expansions about the Light and the Void.

And like GoT, it would have to spend a lot of budget on the dragons, since they were enslaved and used as the main aerial force of the orcs.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-08-08 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Man that movie kinda sucked and didn't make a lot of money and was critically panned

LETS MAKE A SEQUAL...

whatever you are smoking I kind of want some if your that delusional
    That's the same kind of thinking that execs use when remaking and remastering movies and games. For some reason everyone wants good movies and games to be remade, which is idiotic, since they are/were already good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    That's the same kind of thinking that execs use when remaking and remastering movies and games. For some reason everyone wants good movies and games to be remade, which is idiotic, since they are/were already good.
    By that logic we would have shamalyan the last Airbender Korra movies by now

They should have taken advantage of the dragonflight expansion to make a show with the well of eternity story. It's got all fan favourite cast from warcraft 3, saurfang's brother and all of the dragon aspects. In my opinion, one of the best candidate for strong entertainment, especially if done in animation

I know you're all fanboys of the franchise, but I hate to break it to you: Warcraft's writers/developers have never been brilliant storytellers.

It's a series of video games with both hacked and hackneyed stories stolen in the worst way from other sources (and not in the "all stories boil down to seven basic plots" way). Even it's origin is literally a plagiarism attempt, one in which the best job they could for changing the title was from "Warhammer" to "Warcraft." "Ooh, look at our dark elves, they're the ones who like trees and are good, while our high elves are the evil dark-magic loving ones! We're so damn original!"

So much cringe.

Entertaining games (at certain points in their history)... but complete and total cringe storytelling and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    They should have taken advantage of the dragonflight expansion to make a show with the well of eternity story. It's got all fan favourite cast from warcraft 3, saurfang's brother and all of the dragon aspects. In my opinion, one of the best candidate for strong entertainment, especially if done in animation
    Animation is definitely an option.. they could have a hit tv series..animated and a movie.

Warcraft is so big and expansive, it could run several things.

The weird thing is these bozzos have an eactive popular video gamve a series can draw people to and back.. it's so poorly utilsied.. they were perfectly primed to do so much more

currently though, fantasy on Tb is weak, nothing-- great out.. it's an

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I would have rather they tell the real War of the Ancients story not the bastardized Richard Knaak version with time travel and a orc that sounds like Hulk. Thank you very much.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    I know you're all fanboys of the franchise, but I hate to break it to you: Warcraft's writers/developers have never been brilliant storytellers.

It's a series of video games with both hacked and hackneyed stories stolen in the worst way from other sources (and not in the "all stories boil down to seven basic plots" way). Even it's origin is literally a plagiarism attempt, one in which the best job they could for changing the title was from "Warhammer" to "Warcraft." "Ooh, look at our dark elves, they're the ones who like trees and are good, while our high elves are the evil dark-magic loving ones! We're so damn original!"

So much cringe.

Entertaining games (at certain points in their history)... but complete and total cringe storytelling and ideas.
    I don’t think anyone thinks it is, or ever was. I always saw it as more of a quantity over quality, there is soooo much in Warcraft, that you would eventually find something you like. Until BFA, where for some odd reason they remove the quantity so it lacked both….