Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I mean, we know that there are literal copyrighted systems for matchmaking and lootboxes to maximize engagement and profits. You don't file a patent for a line of code that generates a number between one and a million.

Now that people are starting to see these things as gambling and proper laws are starting to appear, they may have to go back to pure RNG with disclosed odds, but before this? They had no reason not to cheat.

Again, I doubt quest drops are anything but simple RNG, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that other supposedly RNG based things within the game have a bit more depth, even if the goal was as simple/harmless as reducing server load/storage.
    We know that companies are putting you in matches against people that spend less to make you feel more powerful, and then slowly ween you off of that the longer it's been since you spent money, but I haven't seen anything to prove that they're screwing with the lootboxes themselves.

You know what I love about these threads?
    The major conspiracy is about how Blizzard is intentionally manipulating the totally RNG droprate of SANDWORN RELICS.
    Yes, the most valuable thing in the game right now.

I love how 800 people have already explained how RNG is RNG but OP is still stuck in this 'but I am specifically targeted here by Blizz themselves' BS.

This guys fuckin barely does anything in this game, and the bare minimum he does he just complains about anyway.
    Non-fucking-stop.
    Stop feeding him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Of course there are patterns when dealing with RNG...
    Usually, there aren't consistent patterns with RNG. Killing 30 mobs won't always give the same outcome, 100, or 1000.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What in this loot table is worth this level of complaint? Are you just trying to get relics to buy the gear from the vendor? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    RNG is RNG, but drop rate should stay consistent. Shouldn't it? When it isn't - it isn't RNG. It's preprogrammed "smart" loot manipulation.
    Sorry, but no. Just take a dice in your hand, and roll it, only 5 and 6 wins. You will win 2 out of 6 times in average, but you can actually even roll the dice 20 times and only get 1-4s. That's the issue: people are seeing the average droprate on wowhead and when it does not drop exactly the way they see it in the droprate, there must be something going on. 99% of the time it's simply bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    What in this loot table is worth this level of complaint? Are you just trying to get relics to buy the gear from the vendor? Why?
    Because Blizzard decided, that only some "seasonal" gear is suitable for turning into crappy LFR 246 tier sets, that will be replaced by 249 cypher gear pretty quickly. It's only viable reward in ZM, despite of them looking pretty ugly. Say thx, that it's not raid/M+/PVP gear only. Unfortunately true game still exists for VIP players only.

Don't try to find any reasons here. It's "group content" location, that provide LFR level rewards. What else is needed for casual player? This thread isn't about why I need this items. No matter, how crappy reward is, loot manipulation is bad thing anyway. Because may be you still can't get your desired rare mount due to it.

P.S. Sometimes I think, that may be devs think, that such "cheating" is "fair" way of designing game. Because they think, that "putting more effort into game in order to get rewards quicker" - is also some sort of "cheating". Players should play game for exact amount of time, that is intended by devs. I guess this RNG mess works as some sort of "anti-grind" mechanics. I still remember WOD times and hidden weekly CDs on loot from rares. Something like that works here.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-08-08 at 03:43 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Because Blizzard decided, that only some "seasonal" gear is suitable for turning into crappy LFR 346 tier sets, that will be replaced by 349 cypher gear pretty quick. It's only viable reward in ZM, despite of them looking pretty ugly. Say thx, that it's not raid/M+/PVP gear only. Unfortunately true game still exists for VIP players only.
    Wtf does this have to do with this thread?

Don't try to find any reasons here. This thread isn't about why I need this items. No matter, how crappy reward is, loot manipulation is bad thing anyway. Because may be you still can't get your desired rare mount due to it. It's "high level" location, that provide LFR level rewards. What else is needed for casual player?
    Loot manipulation is a bad thing, sure. But dude, you have not proved that there is any loot manipulation going on with the relics at least. But I will concede that there might be some loot manipulation somewhere in the game, since its, you know, a game that revolves around loot.

P.S. Sometimes I think, that may be devs think, that such "cheating" is "fair" way of designing game. Because they think, that "putting more effort into game in order to get rewards quicker" - is also some sort of "cheating". Players should play game for exact amount of time, that is intended by devs. I guess this RNG mess works as some sort of "anti-grind" mechanics. I still remember WOD times and hidden weekly CDs on loot from rares. Something like that works here.
    You have no proof, nor idea, if there is a RNG "mess" in the first place. The whole game is designed around having you play as long as they can since they are operating on a monthly subscription model, sure. But you have not shown any concrete numbers or proof apart from "My ExPeRiEnCe SaYs So".

I have spent a lot of time grinding to get mounts and rare shit in WoW but so far I havent noticed any unfair RNG going on beyond what is expected of a game like this.

Why so damn angry, OP?

How exactly does consistent RNG even work when even it's name implies random?

Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post

Loot manipulation is a bad thing, sure. But dude, you have not proved that there is any loot manipulation going on with the relics at least. But I will concede that there might be some loot manipulation somewhere in the game, since its, you know, a game that revolves around loot.

You have no proof, nor idea, if there is a RNG "mess" in the first place. The whole game is designed around having you play as long as they can since they are operating on a monthly subscription model, sure. But you have not shown any concrete numbers or proof apart from "My ExPeRiEnCe SaYs So".

I have spent a lot of time grinding to get mounts and rare shit in WoW but so far I havent noticed any unfair RNG going on beyond what is expected of a game like this.

Why so damn angry, OP?
    I guess, I encounter such problems, because I grind too many relics on daily basis. Lack of explicit cap doesn't mean, that there is no implicit one.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by talmir View Post
    that is why OP is complaining because he needs relics from the Sandworn chests for gear. that 246 gear ain't going to buy itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that is why OP is complaining because he needs relics from the Sandworn chests for gear. that 246 gear ain't going to buy itself.
    yeah. What I find amazing about this whole thing is that a guy named "WowIsDead65", who has a link in his signiature about how the development of wow is going wrong, and that says he occasionally hates the game still finds it in him to grind sandword relics in shadowlands.

If I remember it correctly, my older characters didn't have such problem. I.e. my first character in ZM didn't have such problem, while just leveled one did. I'll check it on my current characters.

And other problem - this thing has short-term effect. For example first 30 mobs don't drop anything at all. Then drop starts to slowly increase. This doesn't really looks like "fair" RNG. More like artificial preprogrammed gate.

- - - Updated - - -

I do it on 8th character now. All have the same pattern. This is exact reason, why Blizzard can do it. Because nobody can prove it. Too small sample, yeah. And nobody would ever prove it, if they wouldn't do it so openly and obviously. Great thing, only loss in Wow - is time. But imagine, that the same thing happens in Diablo Immoral. Great, yeah?
    Just sounds like you are lying to get attention or you start on the wrong mobs. Anything modern wow that isn't 100% drop rate and I don't see drops after 4 mobs I question whether or not I am in fact doing the quest properly. Every time this happens in the last 3 expacs has been me not doing the quest right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Another day, another thread where people actually take the guy with a signature that says "Casual Lives Matter" seriously.

Come on guys, he's either a troll or somewhat limited in the higher floors, don't waste your time here

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Another day, another thread where people actually take the guy with a signature that says "Casual Lives Matter" seriously.

Come on guys, he's either a troll or somewhat limited in the higher floors, don't waste your time here
    The thing I dont get is that if I hated a game as much as he seems to, then the only way I could continue to drag myself through it is if I was almost finished. But WoW doesnt end. For his own piece of mind he needs to stop but the addiction is too deep.

RNG is RNG, but drop rate should stay consistent. Shouldn't it?
    No. /10char
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

lets look at it from different perspectiove as OP seems unable to comprehend basics of probability (which at least in my country is in elementary school syllabus, but ok)

WHY ON EARTH would blizz manipulate dropchance of the key parts? like literaly tell me one good reason why...if they wanted the droprate to be extremely low they would set it there and keep it there...
    but why would they, to prolong the gameplay? bullshit, the chest is available one time a day anyway so even if you got bilion keys the first day you would still have to log every day to open it... so basicaly, they would waste their time to create system to manipulate dropchance of something that is completely irrelevant, or in case they already have the system to do so, at least waste time to implement it, even if that took literaly just minutes, they would gain... nothing... so why bother?
    anyone else thinks that makes no sense?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    lets look at it from different perspectiove as OP seems unable to comprehend basics of probability (which at least in my country is in elementary school syllabus, but ok)

WHY ON EARTH would blizz manipulate dropchance of the key parts? like literaly tell me one good reason why...if they wanted the droprate to be extremely low they would set it there and keep it there...
    but why would they, to prolong the gameplay? bullshit, the chest is available one time a day anyway so even if you got bilion keys the first day you would still have to log every day to open it... so basicaly, they would waste their time to create system to manipulate dropchance of something that is completely irrelevant, or in case they already have the system to do so, at least waste time to implement it, even if that took literaly just minutes, they would gain... nothing... so why bother?
    Obviously, they figured out who the OP is based on their MMO Champ username, so they developed specific rulesets to affect their account to get back at them.
    I mean, they killed 30 mobs and didn't get a thing.
    It's outrageous and a waste of their time.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

Look he really needs those relics ok so he can get his 246 gear because he refuses to do LFR or M+ or anything group related

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get your point here OP. I really don't.

Everybody is aware of your mentality towards the game and your chosen play style. Why do you think you can make a thread like this and it be received seriously?

If I remember it correctly, my older characters didn't have such problem. I.e. my first character in ZM didn't have such problem, while just leveled one did. I'll check it on my current characters.

And other problem - this thing has short-term effect. For example first 30 mobs don't drop anything at all. Then drop starts to slowly increase. This doesn't really looks like "fair" RNG. More like artificial preprogrammed gate.

- - - Updated - - -

I do it on 8th character now. All have the same pattern. This is exact reason, why Blizzard can do it. Because nobody can prove it. Too small sample, yeah. And nobody would ever prove it, if they wouldn't do it so openly and obviously. Great thing, only loss in Wow - is time. But imagine, that the same thing happens in Diablo Immoral. Great, yeah?
    Congratz! 8 characters. Come back when you have hundreds/thousands of datasets to make your statement of RNG not existing being somewhat believable.

8 out of the tens of thousands people that have killed those mobs.. do you really, actually believe that 8 is a representative number?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Look he really needs those relics ok so he can get his 246 gear because he refuses to do LFR or M+ or anything group related
    so he blames blizzard for his own imposed limitations? riight, that just proves my point even more. He has no idea what RNG or statistics are.