Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I must admit, I was in wrong about s4...

...since it is more fun and ok then I was thinking. Mostly due to fated raids, which seems fun and nice rewarding, also knowing, that after at least 5 weeks will have 2 sylvanas daggers. Also this seems much better then nothing while we waiting for new expansion!!! What do all the rest of you think about s4??? Is it ok for you or not??? I think for last patch before new expansion it is nice and cool thing to have something like that. Also hoping pve base players will still have some chance to obtain soul eater type mount in pve, some type of achv or whatever, ofc without armor which is reserved for pvp gladiators players...

cheers all!!!

S4 has been ok to me personally so far. Lower kara has kicked my ass a bit, but that hasnt diminished that I've had my fun in the game so far with s4

The concept is neat.

The tuning is an absolute fucking joke.

Having a blast, so happy to do non-SL dungeons, and I like tazavash as well so its all good. Grimrail aint that fun though, and lower kara can be a bitch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno man, i hate S4. Did all the raids dozen of times last few patches and now do them again? Nope.
    Also the dungeons, done them (alot) before and they feel old in my eyes.
    Even Kara, wich is (was) the nicest instance ever imo.
    It's just old content introduced as new. Not a big fan of that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ...since it is more fun and ok then I was thinking. Mostly due to fated raids, which seems fun and nice rewarding, also knowing, that after at least 5 weeks will have 2 sylvanas daggers. Also this seems much better then nothing while we waiting for new expansion!!! What do all the rest of you think about s4??? Is it ok for you or not??? I think for last patch before new expansion it is nice and cool thing to have something like that. Also hoping pve base players will still have some chance to obtain soul eater type mount in pve, some type of achv or whatever, ofc without armor which is reserved for pvp gladiators players...

cheers all!!!
    definitely changes things up enough to make the final content drought interesting at the very least. hopefully they continue it in each final patch.

Game feels good different on the PTR?

Yeah its a Nice way to recap the expansion.
    I also think the difficulty is spot on atm (in raids)
    I feared that it would be like reprogress, but its just fun trip down memory Lane.

I like S4 so far. Raid is just a farewell tour to shadowlands, I don't think my guild will clear them more than once. And I won't pug raids so just 1 dinar for me, who cares.

M+ is fun, pugged my way to 1500 so far and should get KSM next week easily. Kara seems overtuned, even if we consider some players need a refresher. Long term I think 8 dungeons isn't enough, should be 10. Nice idea though.

The season's pretty short (given it'll end before pre-patch), so I'm a little anxious about getting through everything for the achievements, but beyond that, it's been fine. I personally would've preferred a longer S3, particularly given how hard SotFO was.

I was looking forward to S4, but so far it's been even more fun than I expected. Mainly in M+, I never ran Kara or Mechagon on M+ so this is new and exciting (even Grimrail! although that might not last.)

But it's also fun going back to Nathria, with new fated stuff to keep us entertained. We'll see if that lasts once we get to Sanctum.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Dunno man, i hate S4. Did all the raids dozen of times last few patches and now do them again? Nope.
    Also the dungeons, done them (alot) before and they feel old in my eyes.
    Even Kara, wich is (was) the nicest instance ever imo.
    It's just old content introduced as new. Not a big fan of that.
    From what my friends have been telling me (the few that still sort of play), this entire concept being embraced in S4 would be great... if there were seasons in the game and this was done throughout the expansion. Simply put, the structure of how the content and gear works is what's getting in the way of the S4 raid changes. It's a decent step in the right direction, but it shouldn't be something that's done all in one go at the very end of the expansion but rather a progressive change throughout an expansion. Maybe that's their plan going forward? Regardless, there should always be a reason to go back to old content if you choose to versus just making it completely pointless, and these S4 changes are hopefully just the first (and not final) step.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    I was looking forward to S4, but so far it's been even more fun than I expected. Mainly in M+, I never ran Kara or Mechagon on M+ so this is new and exciting (even Grimrail! although that might not last.)

But it's also fun going back to Nathria, with new fated stuff to keep us entertained. We'll see if that lasts once we get to Sanctum.
    That aspect is the nice part about the S4 changes, as it gives people who never got to experience older content a chance to do so without feeling like it's a waste of time. When it comes to raids, I've know raid groups that get frustrated if they can't finish a raid completely by the time the next one's out, and with how seasons work currently you'd be an idiot to stay back and try to finish the raid. If S4 changes become a constant iterative process throughout an expansion instead of drought filler at the very end of an expansion, this could alleviate some of the more minor annoyances that come from the seasonal aspect of the game and the pressure it puts on some people to abandon content in the name of seasonality.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

For me, it's pissing me off. Sepulcher was cut short, and I have to relive the reason why, yet again, I go another expansion without any CE achieves. My guild screwing up basic mechanics cause they care more about their parsing. 10 wipes to mythic Huntsman cause of people not ccing the spirit dogs properly.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    The concept is neat.

The tuning is an absolute fucking joke.
    yes this should be 200pulls per boss and 600 at least for endbosses. m+ should be as hard as day 1 with 50ilvl less so you need 5hours to clear it

nobody fucking cares about the tuning of this shit show of a recycled garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The season's pretty short (given it'll end before pre-patch), so I'm a little anxious about getting through everything for the achievements, but beyond that, it's been fine. I personally would've preferred a longer S3, particularly given how hard SotFO was.
    it gives you anxiety you might not finish all the keys? touch grass

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it. I really don't want to farm my gear again.

Looks like theres lil interest on my server, only 9 tried it and only 5 got further then 4 bosses lol

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    it gives you anxiety you might not finish all the keys? touch grass
    I'm allergic to grass, so that doesn't seem very helpful. And M+ is easy (it takes two weeks). I'm talking about the raids, given that my work schedule sometimes conflicts with raid nights and only one raid is up at a time. If the season lasts until November, it'll be easy, but some rumors say that it'll end early October (given pre-patch the end of year release), which could make a few of the Mythic achievements hard to get if real life just happens to line up with those raid weeks.

i like it
    WoD dungeons werent made with m+ in mind but they were designed around CM so while i did die in iron docks to quaking a few times it was nice to see these old bosses
    also upper kara is one of the most fun times i ever had in m+

The raid mechanics don't seem to really change much at least at normal which is all I really did this week. It's a good first try at something though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    i like it
    WoD dungeons werent made with m+ in mind but they were designed around CM so while i did die in iron docks to quaking a few times it was nice to see these old bosses
    also upper kara is one of the most fun times i ever had in m+
    Iron Docks is MOSTLY fine with quaking. It's Grimrail that's a nightmare with it. Also Upper Kara in any of the parts with the bats.