All professions down too 100!

Hi there, I have been away for a long time. So now i am back. My main character was lv100 and all skills were 525. Now i am back and see that my lv is now 50 but my skills like blacksmith and cooking are down to lv 100 and many recipes are unlearned. Does anybody knows why and how to get it back up?

The professions have been split into expansions, specifically so you don't have to level through Classic or Burning Crusade professions just to work on further expansions' professions.

So your skill is at 100 because that's the one expansion you're looking at. If it was at 525, it should mean that Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm and Pandaria are pretty much all filled up, and then some into Draenor.

You can skip entire expansions if you'd rather work on something more recent too.

Yes i was all maxed out at that time on professions. Do in Need to install all the expansions separate too?

10+ Year Old Account
    The battle.net installer/launcher installs the current version of the game, that's all you need.

You may need to upgrade to Shadowlands but I think ATM that that's free.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartSolid79 View Post
    Yes i was all maxed out at that time on professions. Do in Need to install all the expansions separate too?
    Simply play the game and gather mats like you always have. Only difference is that now you get points specifically in the expansion category instead of the profession as a whole. You want to do MoP content and level MoP Blacksmithing? Go ahead, no need to also do Vanilla, TBC, Wrath and Cataclysm to reach it. For a returning player, this is absolutely a positive thing. You can skip whichever expansion you do not like or have not played and only do current content if that's your thing. And you only need to level current content profession categories, as they provide the best gear possible.