Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why did Blizz remove so much of the warlock tankiness?

We used to have some passive stuff that increased our armour a bit, and some passive straight off damage reduction, you could glyph into 27% passive damage reduction during mop which was neat. Drain life used to actually heal you in legion unlike now. Also increased stamina. What changed?
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2022-08-10 at 08:46 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    They removed it from Aff/Destro and gave it just to Demo.

Why? Because they are retards.

Warlock was one of the classes that barely required healer attention (especially aff obviously). Similar to feral and shadow priest. They nerfed self sustain across the board not just warlock.
    And arena was probably also a reason but i never played one in pvp.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    It's 2022. Long past time to stop using that word.
    which word?

[QUOTE=Lobosan;53873425]It's 2022. Long past time to stop using that word.[/QUOT

Thats retarded

10+ Year Old Account
    Three Words:

Pee Vee Pee
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

[QUOTE=Lobosan;53874568]
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestyboy View Post

Tell me you're 10 without telling me you're 10.
    Tell me you have mental issues without telling me you have mental issues.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-08-10 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    We used to have some passive stuff that increased our armour a bit, and some passive straight off damage reduction, you could glyph into 27% passive damage reduction during mop which was neat. Drain life used to actually heal you in legion unlike now. What changed?
    What? Warlock is still EXTREMLY tanky...
    Also why would you need armor in PVE?
    if you want armor that is in PVP and that is a pvp talent.
    "Drain life used to actually heal you in legion unlike now"
    Bro what the fuck?

i feel like your complaint is "I cant be unkillable and press drain life to instantly heal to full"

Warlock is still the tankiest dps caster class, and one of the tankiest classes in general, with tons of defensives, self heal, and damage reduction capabilites, we commonly compete with tanks for hp, and have default leech and shield, which means the more damage you deal the harder you are to kill.

and lastly what glyph in mop gave you a "passive 27% damage reduction" looking at the list not a single one of these does fucking anything close to that, dark apotheosis, the closest thing was not a "passive" it was a form you had to go into that drastically reduced your dps, making you an offtank.
    and that was only 10% phsyical, 15% magical...

I feel like you have this weird rose tinted goggle versions of warlcoks that just never fucking existed of them being unkillable gods, with insane amounts of armor, damage reduction, and self healing.
    We have always had a fair bit of each, but not to the extreme you are describing, proven by the fact you think we literally had a GLYPH that decreased damage taken by fucking 27%!?
    Like bro, our tank spec gave us 10/15%, at the cost of a massive dps loss.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-08-09 at 07:58 PM.

It's 2022. Long past time to stop using that word.
    So sayeth the ministry of truth

We used to have some passive stuff that increased our armour a bit, and some passive straight off damage reduction, you could glyph into 27% passive damage reduction during mop which was neat. Drain life used to actually heal you in legion unlike now. What changed?
    That class design belongs to demon hunters.

I guess it depends what era we are trying to compare it too but Cataclysm was really where it started.

Prior to that warlock gear always had more stam than other casters since life tap was intended to be a core mechanic of the class. Afterwards they pretty much normalized stam for all classes and made int required for SP.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bro what the fuck?

i feel like your complaint is "I cant be unkillable and press drain life to instantly heal to full"

Warlock is still the tankiest dps caster class, and one of the tankiest classes in general, with tons of defensives, self heal, and damage reduction capabilites, we commonly compete with tanks for hp, and have default leech and shield, which means the more damage you deal the harder you are to kill.

and lastly what glyph in mop gave you a "passive 27% damage reduction" looking at the list not a single one of these does fucking anything close to that, dark apotheosis, the closest thing was not a "passive" it was a form you had to go into that drastically reduced your dps, making you an offtank.

I feel like you have this weird rose tinted goggle versions of warlcoks that just never fucking existed of them being unkillable gods, with insane amounts of armor, damage reduction, and self healing.
    We have always had a fair bit of each, but not to the extreme you are describing, proven by the fact you think we literally had a GLYPH that decreased damage taken by fucking 27%!?
    This is all that needs to be said.

Bro what the fuck?

They removed demon armor from pvp tho

I believe they're referring to the "glyph of eternal resolve" that made unending resolve passive. However that lowered the damage reduction on it to just 10%.

Bro what the fuck?

If you're "commonly competing with tanks for hp", then your tanks are *severely* undergeared.

[QUOTE=Priestyboy;53874896]

Tell me you have mental issues without telling me you have mental issues.
    You nailed it. 100%

Imagine being upset by words spoken by a stranger on internet forums. Especially when it is something as simple as being retarded, I don't know ANYONE who is offended by that word except liberals on the internet. Go cry in your safe space bud. lol

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    They removed it from Aff/Destro and gave it just to Demo.

Why? Because they are retards.
    Let's change that word to Dumbass. It's sounds much much better. Literally that is what all of Blizzard is.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I believe they're referring to the "glyph of eternal resolve" that made unending resolve passive. However that lowered the damage reduction on it to just 10%.
    yeah 10%, so... far less then 27%.

Bro what the fuck?

Soul link plus grimoire of sacrifice plus glyph. 27% DR.

Soul link plus grimoire of sacrifice plus glyph. 27% DR.
    So that is not glyphs, that is 2 talents and a glyph.

lets look at live right now at the talents.

Hmmm soullink still exists 20% damage reduction...
    Huh thats funny i cant see it on the talent tree
    oh yeah cause its baseline, you dont even need to spend talent points.

demon skin, a 15% shield ontop of your max health that passivly recharges 1% per 2 seconds, and also grows with your dps.
    dark pact, 1 min CD, consumes 20% of your current hp to gain a shield worth 2.5X that amount sacrificed. so 100k hp=20k sacced=50k shield.
    Mortal coil heals for 25% more then it did in mop