Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    So sayeth the ministry of truth
    I love the reference.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    We used to have some passive stuff that increased our armour a bit, and some passive straight off damage reduction, you could glyph into 27% passive damage reduction during mop which was neat. Drain life used to actually heal you in legion unlike now. Also increased stamina. What changed?
    Whenever I play my warlock, I end up missing the Legion version Affliction. That spec was just insane!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop the offtopic discussion and personal attacks.

because from Wrath > WoD I got and stayed at 1700 arena rating in 2's, by myself...

affliction lock could easily take down any class solo (at least i could) and against certain comps, easily take down 2 as well.
    fear, dot, run, hide. drain life as they get closer. fear, dot, run, hide. drain life as they get closer. fear, dot, run , hide. match over...

to echo someone elses comment earlier - Peee Veee Peee is the answer
    Last edited by Djaye; 2022-08-10 at 10:03 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    warlocks still are way tankier than most other classes. Have you ever tried killing a warlock in pvp? it's literally no different than going against a tank spec... except this tank spec also pumps the damage
    I 3d print stuff

What the hell are you talking about?

In the new class tree we got Soul Link! A passive 20% dmg reduction, previously Demo-only. Add to that the 10% stagger (which is worded weirdly) and 3% dmg reduction of Fel Armor and the Demon Skin passive (which you previously had to sacrifice Burning Rush or Dark Pact for) and you already have 23% passive dmg reduction, 10% damage delay, 0.5% shield and 0.125% life gain gain every second and ontop of that the passive Soulleech healing and absorb. AND we get 16% extra stamina. That's only the passive values!

Active we have access to unending resolve, Dark Pact and various Drain life enhancements. Add to that the healthstone leech trait and the heal whenever a raidmember uses a healthstone! Currently it's worded a healthstone, so any healthstone counts. Also Mortal coil heal every 45 seconds. Soulburn also buffs drain life and Healthstone.
    Imagine a raid: Only BDKs and WLs: BDK for tanking and the WLs just juggle healthstones and rely on their absorbtion. Yes, you have to spec into that and sacrifice some damage traits. But being able to bring less healers because you get an extra WL is huge.
    I'm 100% positive that WL survivability will get nerfed while in Alpha, else we will once again be nearly unkillable like Affli in Legion.

If I count correctly we got 3 major heal abilities, 2 damage reduction/shielding abilities, 23% passive dmg reduction, 16% more life, and 10% stagger, while regenerating life and stacking a shield passively and for every damage we do. So we got like 10% improved leech passively build in. Ontop of that a drain life enhancement, which can be specced into to basically heal to full in one cast.
    That's more than any other damage dealer or even some tank specs.

And then add the spec specific stuff like Destru mastery, Haunt, Soul Rot, Siphon Life, Harvester of Souls and Grimoire of Sacrifice + Voidwalker sac. That's just the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-08-10 at 12:03 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And what a good ridance while at it to be honest...

Warlocks were a very brain dead BUT immortal class in pvp for a long time. All they had to do was fear and dot you down. Then they are hyper mega armor, high HP and damage absorbs..

Now they can do the same but it takes a bit of skill instead Imo much more fun.

It looks like it's back for Dragonflight looking at the tree. Half the base tree talents are healing/absorb related.

[QUOTE=Lobosan;53874568]
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestyboy View Post

Tell me you're 10 without telling me you're 10.
    when you get wound up about words it actually makes *you* seem immature.

Infracted for ignoring thread warning.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-08-13 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    It's 2022. Long past time to stop using that word.
    It's 2022. Long past time to tell people how to speak.

Infracted for ignoring thread warning.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-08-13 at 08:20 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we're getting about a 14% HP buff next expansion by the looks of it.

Current: 1.2(1.15(100*1.1)) = 151.8% base HP

New: 1.03(1.2(1.15(1.06(100*1.1)))) = 165.73% base HP

In addition to the base damage mitigation, Fel Armor has more via delay. This allows quite a bit of survivability by delaying 10% of incoming damage over time, so long as your shield is up.

These are all pretty easily obtained early on in the tree too. If you want to become a real powerhouse, you can buff up Healthstone and Life Drain by a pretty large amount.

Edit: Well, post Nerf we are now looking at about the same amount as our current situation unfortunately. The last 35% of our HP, we take an additional 10% [Soul Armor] less and a 4% additional after using Demonic Teleport from [Abyss Walker].

Edit 2: Slipped my mind the first time, we are also getting a 2% passive Leech [Fel Synergy] and a 4% less of a chance to be crit. [Demonic Resilience]
    Last edited by DrIvoRobotnik; 2022-08-26 at 02:43 AM.

They nerfed self sustain across the board not just warlock.

Yes i agree, Bring back warlock tanks!